Let's see how things are going, shall we?
Finished Objects (hoooooray, these are done and off my precious needles!)
1. Claudia Hat: started January 3, 2012; finished January 10, 2012
2. Mama's Simple Skyp Socks: started May 22, 2011; finished January 19, 2012
3. Little Man's Cobblestone Baby Blanket: started July 2010; finished February 2, 2012
4. Dalek Dishcloth: started February 6, 2012; finished February 8, 2012
5. Baby Traveling Vines Socks: started September 18, 2011; finished February 17, 2012
6. Snail Hat: started February 18, 2012; finished February 19, 2012
7. Lothlorien Hat: started January 23, 2012; finished March 5, 2012 - I did have a question about this hat: how on Earth did I photograph it while it was on top of my head, from the top? Well.....I have an iPhone and it has this neat little feature where you can sort of "flip" the camera around so that it operates like a mirror on the actual screen. So, I did that and held my phone up over my head. The result was the hat on top of my head.
WIPs (I want my precious needles!)
1. Mama's Vanilla Socks: started December 6, 2011 - just hanging out in a project bag...
2. Little Man's Giraffe: started May 11, 2011 - the yarn, partial project, and the book containing the pattern are all in one spot! Hey, it's not much but it's progress...
3. Icarus Shawl: started March 15, 2010 - let's not talk about this one...
4. Honey Badger Don't Give a Shit Socks: started January 23, 2012 - I had every intention of working on these yesterday but I kind of forgot the pattern in the car...and I was working on other things.
5. Pine Forest Baby Blanket: started February 21, 2012 - I'm nearing the end of the 3rd skein of yarn and it's looking like I'm going to have to do something about the middle. We now know that Sweet Girl is having a "little sister" (which is what she's been telling us since December) so the suggestion was made that I should make the middle stripe pink or purple. Personally, I'm leaning more toward purple but that's because it's more "me"...but this isn't for me...it's for Sweet Girl's new baby sister (due in July)...but I suppose if I could find the right shade of pink, it might work. Thoughts? Ideas? The original is Knit Picks Swish Worsted in Dublin. I'm thinking that the Swish Worsted in Amethyst Heather would be the best choice...the pinks don't look quite right for it. Or white. White is always good.
6. Hermione's Everyday Socks: started March 6, 2012 - I spent a good chunk of yesterday at Knit-In working on these...I'm doing the actual pattern now, as opposed to the 20 rows of 1x1 ribbing that these start out with.
Planned Hats (I have plans? Really?)
2. Hermione Hearts Ron
3. Habitat - I have pulled out my skein of Shelter for this (but I haven't wound it)
4. Ogre Babies!
5. NIN Hat
6. Pup Tent
7. Godric's Hollow Hat
8. Brandon Ribbed Beanie
9. Raglan Hat
10. Bergen Street Tuque
12. London Beanie
14. Simple Baby Cap #1
15. Candy Cane
16. Little Pumpkin
Other Planned Items (because, really, hats aren't all I do!)
1. Freeport Vest
2. Hippo - I have pulled out the two skeins of Shalimar and wound them into center-pull balls (but I need to find the inner strand because the pattern calls for two strands held together)
3. My Little Slug (need to purchase)
4. Brooke Baby Afghan
5. Mossy Jacket
So, drum roll please........the totals stand thusly:
Finished Objects: 7 projects
WIPs: 6 projects
Planned Projects: 21 projects
TOTAL: 34 projects
I think I'm making some good progress...
In other random things going on, the Madison Knitters' Guild had their annual Knit-In yesterday at the Bishop O'Connor Center (which is also where we hold our monthly meetings). There were lovely vendors (and I visited every single one - I'm not saying I purchased something at every single one, but I made a point to visit) and, I'm told, lovely classes. I didn't take any classes. I wasn't sure I'd be able to as I wasn't sure if I'd have Little Man with me or not. Turns out that I was able to have a few hours to myself, thanks to my friend Sherri. She watched Little Man for me for a few hours so I could have time to myself. She has two kids of her own and her oldest adores Little Man (and vice verse) so it worked out quite well. I spent a good portion of time knitting on my Hermione's Everyday Socks and my Pine Forest Baby Blanket...but mostly on the socks.
On the "Husband finding a job" front, he has left for San Francisco, by way of Chicago. He had an early flight this morning and rather than drive down at 2am, he left yesterday afternoon (after we had dinner and such). He's flying out this morning to San Francisco and he'll be flying back to Chicago on Tuesday. He won't get in until late Tuesday night, though, so he's going to stay overnight in Chicago again and come home Wednesday. So, I'm on my own for a few days. The company is partially reimbursing him for flights and hotels and are paying for his travel from the airport to the hotel to the interview and back again. I hope things go well. Considering that he's had four or five phone interviews with this place and they're flying him out, I'm pretty sure he'll be offered a job.
While Husband is gone, I'm having the local Buy & Sell shop come and buy some of my grandparents' antiques from me (and Bob knows I have plenty of those!). That's tomorrow morning. Tuesday morning, I'm taking Little Man to one of the local daycares for a tour and spiel about the place. If Husband gets this job, Little Man is going into daycare for a couple months so I can pack up the house mostly uninterrupted. I don't want to do it but I know I can't pack the house with him here. I think that's all that's going on...
Anyway, photos of Little Man from Sherri (from yesterday)...
I really have no idea why Sherri put him in the washing machine but he didn't seem to mind it...it's not like he could climb in himself (yet).
|Apparently wood chips are yummy...|
|Wearing a hat that isn't mine...oh well.|
|Sitting on the bridge|
|Auntie! You wore me out...I sleepy now...|
I hope you all have lovely, lovely weeks ahead of you :)