I'm a little slow-going on this Self-Imposed Year of Projects update. Normally, I work on them on Friday and/or Saturday and set them to publish at midnight on Sunday.
Now, with the craziness that has been my house the last week and a half and the fact that Saturday was St. Patrick's Day and we had another friend over on Sunday...I just didn't get around to it. So, you're getting it a day late (and probably a dollar short, too).
First of all, in case you're wondering (and you might actually be wondering), Husband did not get the job in San Francisco. Seriously, he had four phone interviews and they flew him out there....and they decided to go with someone else. Translation: they went with someone they wouldn't have to move across the country. Kind of a bummer but it means we're probably not moving anytime soon...which means I'm not under severe pressure to get the house cleaned out. Granted, I still have to get the house cleaned out but it's not like, "OMGIhavetodoitinsixweeks!" So....onward.
Secondly, Husband has several other local things cooking. Hopefully something pans out. As much as I like having him at home, it'd be nice to have health insurance again...for all of us.
Thirdly, I've applied for Badger Care insurance for Little Man and also for the Food Share program. I'm not happy about having to do either one but I'm damn thankful that those programs exist, especially when we're in this conundrum. Unfortunately, we probably won't qualify for Food Share because of the income from the condo being rented out...but I'm pretty sure Little Man will have health insurance, at the very least and that's the most important thing right now.
But, onward to my Year of Projects Update (#11).
1. Claudia: started January 3, 2012; finished January 10, 2012
2. Mama's Simple Skyp Socks: started May 22, 2011; finished January 19, 2012
3. Little Man's Cobblestone Baby Blanket: started July 2010; finished February 2, 2012
4. Dalek Dishcloth: started February 6, 2012; finished February 8, 2012
5. Baby Traveling Vines Socks: started September 18, 2010; finished February 17, 2012
6. Snail Hat: started February 18, 2012; finished February 19, 2012
7. Lothlorien Hat: started January 25, 2012; finished March 5, 2012
1. Mama's Vanilla Socks: (started December 6, 2011) - I have worked on these...but they basically look the same, just longer.
2. Little Man's Giraffe: (started May 11, 2011) - Yeah, haven't worked on this. Oops.
3. Icarus Shawl: (March 15, 2010) - Yeah, haven't worked on this one either...
4. Honey Badger Don't Give a Shit Socks: (started January 23, 2012) - Nope. Not this one either.
5. Pine Forest Baby Blanket: (started February 21, 2012) - This is where my focus has been. I'm in the midst of the pink but I hope to be done with that soon enough...I really don't like pink.
6. Hermione's Everyday Socks: (started March 6, 2012) - These are going much better now that they're on two circulars.
2. Hermione Hearts Ron
4. Ogre Babies!
5. NIN Hat
6. Pup Tent
7. Godric's Hollow Hat
8. Brandon Ribbed Beanie
9. Raglan Hat
10. Bergen Street Tuque
12. London Beanie
14. Simple Baby Cap #1
15. Candy Cane
16. Little Pumpkin Hat
Other Planned Items
1. Freeport Vest
3. My Little Slug (still need to purchase)
4. Brooke Baby Afghan
5. Mossy Jacket
With all that said, my Self-Imposed Year of Projects stands thus:
Total: 34 projects