It's Sunday again and that means it's time for another installment of my Self-Imposed Year of Projects. Sometimes, I can't believe I'm starting my fourteenth week...and other times, I think I've been doing this for far too long.
I just can't win sometimes. Anyway, onward to the crafting and such (if there's any to be had). As we've been doing for the last few weeks, I'm going to post in my general order: Finished Objects (FOs), Works-in-Progress (WIPs), Planned Hats, and Other Planned Objects.
First up....Finished Objects
1. Claudia: started January 3, 2012; finished January 10, 2012
2. Mama's Simple Skyp Socks: started May 22, 2011; finished January 9, 2012
3. Little Man's Cobblestone Baby Blanket: started July 2010; finished February 2, 2012
4. Dalek Dishcloth: started February 6, 2012; finished February 8, 2012
5. Baby Traveling Vines Socks: started September 18, 2010; finished February 17, 2012
6. Snail Hat: started February 18, 2012; finished February 19, 2012
7. Lothlorien Hat: started January 25, 2012; finished March 5, 2012
1. Mama's Vanilla Socks: started December 6, 2011
2. Little Man's Giraffe: started May 11, 2011
3. Icarus Shawl: Started March 15, 2010
4. Honey Badger Don't Give a Shit Socks: started January 23, 2012
5. Pine Forest Baby Blanket: started February 21, 2012 <-- this is where my focus has been...
6. Hermione's Everyday Socks: started March 6, 2012
Now, we're at the point where changes are being made (again)......if you remember Friday's post, I mentioned in passing that some things were probably going to be changing with my prospective plans. I hadn't decided if I was going to outright remove some projects in favor of others or if I was just going to add another project (or two or three or...)...but, now I've decided. See if you can find the changes (yes, I'll tell you what they were at the end).
1. Hermione Hearts Ron
3. Ogre Babies!
4. NIN Hat
5. Brandon Ribbed Beanie
6. Godric's Hollow Hat
7. Raglan Hat
8. Bergen Street Tuque
10. Simple Baby Cap #1
11. Candy Cane
12. Little Pumpkin
Have you figured out the changes? No? Okay, fine..........here is the list of what was removed from this section (nothing was added):
1. Odessa: While I like the hat and I'm sure I'll make it eventually, it's just not calling out to me anymore.
2. Pup Tent: Again, I like this hat and I'm sure I'll make it eventually...just not right now.
3. London Beanie: I've made this hat a couple of times before and I really do like it (so functional and easily adaptable for different sizes) but, I've made it before. Let's do something different, shall we?
4. Grumpus has been put on the "maybe if I have time" list. I think it would be adorable to have Sweet Girl and Future Girl (Sweet Girl's unborn sister) wearing the same hat...but, that's just it: I would have to make two.
I think twelve planned hats is a bit more manageable than sixteen planned hats. And it's not like I'm completely casting those hats aside, never to be made. I'm just trying to be a bit more realistic about my goals for the year.
And, lastly...Other Planned Projects (again, see if you can find the changes)
1. Freeport Vest
3. My Little Slug
4. Shaun (as in Shaun the Sheep)
5. Curly Snake
6. Penelope the Empathetic Monster
This list is a bit different, isn't it? Have you spotted the changes yet? No? Okay, fine.....here's the list of what was removed:
1. Baby Chalice Blanket: I know, I just removed the Brooke Baby Afghan in favor of this blanket last week...but I'm being honest about how long it takes me to knit a baby blanket. I've been working on the Pine Forest Baby Blanket for about six weeks now and I'm just over halfway finished. So, I don't think another blanket is a good idea...
2. Mossy Jacket: It's not clicking my buttons anymore. Simple as that. It's cute and I'll probably make it someday...just not now.
These were the additions:
1. Shaun: Little Man loves Shaun the Sheep (and Wallace & Gromit and Timmy Time) so when I found this pattern, it was a no-brainer.
2. Curly Snake: I have some sock yarn leftovers that would work for this project.
3. Penelope the Empathetic Monster: Who doesn't need one of these?
So, the new totals....
Planned Projects: 12 + 6 = 18
TOTAL: 31 projects (down from 34)
There you have it. Another installment of my Self-Imposed Year of Projects. Woo-hoo! Now, back to your knitting........