It's Sunday! As with every Sunday, today is my Self-Imposed Year of Projects update. I'm headed into my twenty-third week and I have something to show for it!
1. Claudia: started January 3, 2012; finished January 10, 2012
2. Mama's Simple Skyp Socks: started May 22, 2011; finished January 9, 2012
3. Little Man's Cobblestone Baby Blanket: started July 2010; finished February 2, 2012
4. Dalek Dishcloth: started February 6, 2012; finished February 8, 2012
5. Baby Traveling Vines Socks: started September 18, 2010; finished February 17, 2012
6. Snail Hat: started February 18, 2012; finished February 19, 2012
7. Lothlorien Hat: started January 25, 2012; finished March 5, 2012
8. Habitat Hat: started April 10, 2012; finished May 8, 2012
9. Mini Sweet Girl's Pumpkin Hat: started May 31, 2012; finished June 4, 2012
Yes, I finished something! On my last update, I noted that I had started the Little Pumpkin hat from Itty-Bitty Hats...and it was finished in less than a week. Sometimes, I amaze myself. For the full update of what I did, see my FO Friday post :)
1. Little Man's Giraffe: started May 11, 2011
2. Icarus Shawl: Started March 15, 2010
3. Honey Badger Don't Give a Shit Socks: started January 23, 2012
4. Pine Forest Baby Blanket: started February 21, 2012
5. Hermione's Everyday Socks: started March 6, 2012
6. Sweet Girl's Hippo: started May 10, 2012
I'm back down to the six WIPs and while I like to think that's plenty, I'm itching to start something new again. Perhaps I should finish the blanket first...
I have worked on the blanket. I did a full repeat on Wednesday while I was waiting for my car to have some work done (I was due for a 40,000 mile transmission fluid change or something like that). That means I have about eleven more repeats to go before I can start the border and bind off. That's not too bad. We're looking at maybe another four or five hours of work (if my math holds true that it takes approximately ten minutes to do one row so a full repeat takes about forty minutes). That's not including washing and blocking.
I also pulled out my shawl and worked on it. I think I only did two or three or four rows but it was nice to work on it again. There's not much progress to be shown for that and that's okay.
1. Hermione Hearts Ron
2. Ogre Babies!
3. NIN Hat
4. Brandon Ribbed Beanie
5. Godric's Hollow Hat
6. Raglan Hat
7. Bergen Street Tuque
9. Simple Baby Cap #1
10. Candy Cane
OTHER PLANNED PROJECTS
1. Freeport Vest
2. My Little Slug
3. Shaun (as in Shaun the Sheep)
4. Curly Snake
5. Penelope the Empathetic Monster
6. A new version of my Vanilla Socks, perhaps in a worsted weight...(I'm
thinking something from Sun Valley Fibers and making it my a
Ravelympics 2012 project for Team Sun Valley Fibers)
7. Adipose (I've located the actual pattern; this is my Ravelympics 2012 project for Team Tardis, by the way)
FOs: 9 projects
WIPs: 6 projects
Planned: 17 projects
TOTAL: 32 projects
In "life" news, Husband came home for the weekend. I picked him up from the airport on Friday morning. He wound up taking a nap Friday between when I picked him up and when we went out for lunch......understandably so as he only slept for two hours overnight. Yesterday, we had some friends over for purging of the basement, food, and beer (of course - we're from Wisconsin, we drink beer.....okay, Husband drinks beer; I prefer other things). Husband's aunt and uncle also came over to help.
It's been kind of a strange week. After a week of Little Man being sick on and off, we finally got him straightened out and he went off to daycare on Monday, feeling and acting normal. When I came to pick him up, turns out he was running a little fever. The protocol is that a child that's been running a fever cannot come back to daycare for a full day unless they have a note from their doctor. ::sigh:: That meant a day at home with Mama on Tuesday (and a trip to the pediatrician's office). Turns out his ear infection wasn't going away. So, the pediatrician changed his medication and that seems to be working. I also went to the doctor, at the urging of one of my friends (and, to a lesser extent, Husband). Turns out that I have a sinus infection and bronchitis. Um......duh? I tried to tell the doctor in the emergency room that I had a sinus infection and probably bronchitis but he insisted that it was viral and would go away on it's own in a couple of days.
Let's think about that for a moment. I had already been sick for three or four days by that point so I should have been feeling better...except I wasn't. I was getting worse and worse.
I've had enough sinus infections and ear infections and bouts of bronchitis that I know when I have one. Now that I, too, am on antibiotics, I'm feeling better. I'm still coughing way more than I should be but it could be worse. At least I can breathe normally, for the most part.
Anyway, I'm taking Husband back to the airport this afternoon and I'm sad. I'm going to miss him. On the upside, he found us an apartment to rent for a little over a year. I'm not thrilled about living in a 1,000 sq. ft. apartment for a year but if we find a house, we can sublet. That's always lovely. At least we have something set up.
I hope you all have a lovely Sunday :)