Anyway, I've finished a couple things since my last FO Friday post. I've also found a project that I finished before that post but hadn't photographed yet. Soooo....onward :)
|Hypnotic Dreams Dishcloth|
Time frame: started October 3, 2012; finished October 11, 2012
Yarn: Unknown kitchen cotton
Needles: US #7/4.5 mm
Size: Dishcloth sized
Modification: None. It's my pattern :) The idea was that there would be boxes but it didn't work out quite how I had it in my head. It's just because knit stitches are flatter than stockinette stitches. Oh well. It works for me
|U of AL Beanie|
Time frame: started October 11, 2012; finished October 14, 2012
Yarn: Bernat Satin Sport Solids (red - less than a half-skein) and Lion Brand Cotton Ease (white - only a few yards)
Needles: US #7/4.5 mm 16" circular
Size: It fits me and I'm an adult...
Modification: None. It's a pattern from my head. It works. Go with it.
|Christmas Elf Hat (link to project page)|
Pattern: Candy Cane by Susan B. Anderson (link to pattern page)
Time frame: started October 17, 2012; finished October 22, 2012
Yarn: Bernat Satin Sport Solids (red - less than a quarter-skein) and Lion Brand Cotton Ease (white - maybe a quarter-skein)
Needles: US #7/4.5 mm 16" circular, US #5
Size: 0-6 months
Modification: If you look at the pattern page, you'll notice that the hat is supposed to be striped. Obviously, mine is not. I just could not get the stripes to cooperate so I said, "screw it" and made it look like Christmas barfed everywhere. Luckily, it turned out really cute and it fits the intended age-range (translation: I tried it on the head of a four month old the day it was finished and it was so cute on her - I may borrow her as a model for a better picture because it just doesn't look right without a head in it).
Also, I'm super proud of this. The end calls for a pom to be attached and in case you missed it, poms and I are not friends. So, I decided I was going to put a little ball on the end but it didn't turn out that way either. It almost looks like a bell. Basically, I got so far out and decided to just thread the yarn through the remaining stitches like you would at the top of a hat, I pulled the yarn through the top and down into the i-cord and this was the result. I liked it so I kept it.
|Garter Stitch Scarf|
Time frame: started & finished on October 5, 2012
Yarn: one full skein of Lion Brand Bouclé Solid
Needles: US #15/10 mm
Size: None...but it fits a toddler :)
Modification: It's my pattern and you can't really modify plain old garter stitch. You just can't. So, I knit until I ran out of yarn, wove in ends, and called it good. It was originally intended for one of the nieces but Little Man claimed it as his own. And then he meows while wearing it because he's decided that it's soft like a kitty. I don't know. Weirdo.
Anyway, that's all I have for you on this lovely FO Friday! For more FO Friday fun, you can always visit Tami :)