Happy Sunday :)
Must be time for another Self-Imposed Year of Projects update! I'm heading into week #42, which means it's only 10 weeks until my birthday and the beginning of my Second Self-Imposed Year of Projects. But that's still 10 weeks away...so let's concentrate on the current Self-Imposed Year of Projects.
1. Claudia: started January 3, 2012; finished January 10, 2012
2. Mama's Simple Skyp Socks: started May 22, 2011; finished January 9, 2012
3. Little Man's Cobblestone Baby Blanket: started July 2010; finished February 2, 2012
4. Dalek Dishcloth: started February 6, 2012; finished February 8, 2012
5. Baby Traveling Vines Socks: started September 18, 2010; finished February 17, 2012
6. Snail Hat: started February 18, 2012; finished February 19, 2012
7. Lothlorien Hat: started January 25, 2012; finished March 5, 2012
8. Habitat Hat: started April 10, 2012; finished May 8, 2012
9. Mini Sweet Girl's Pumpkin Hat: started May 31, 2012; finished June 4, 2012
10. Pine Forest Baby Blanket: started February 21, 2012; finished August 4, 2012
11. Sassy Girl's Simple Baby Cap #1: started August 4, 2012; finished August 5, 2012
12. Double Bump Dishcloth: started August 9, 2012; finished August 11, 2012
13. Go Pack, Go!: started August 18, 2012; finished August 22, 2012
14. Woven Rib Dishcloth: started August 25, 2012; finished August 26, 2012
15. Little Granite Dishcloth: started August 27, 2012; finished August 28, 2012
16. Alternate Andalusian Dishcloth: started August 29, 2012; finished August 29, 2012
17. Not-Too-Scruby Dishcloth: started September 7, 2012; finished September 14, 2012
18. Ruffled Feathers Pinwheel Blanket: started September 12, 2012; finished September 24, 2012
19. Plain old boring "normal" dishcloth (no project page): started September 22, 2012; finished September 28, 2012
20. Raglan Hat: started September 28, 2012; finished September 29, 2012
21. Nolan for Nellie: started September 28, 2012; finished October 1, 2012
22. Garter Stitch Scarf: started October 5, 2012; finished October 5, 2012
23. Chunky Scarf: started October 6, 2012; finished October 8, 2012
24. Hypnotic Dream Dishcloth: started October 3, 2012; finished October 11, 2012
Since last week's update, I've finished two projects. You can see photos of the Chunky Scarf on my most recent FO Friday post. I actually finished the most recent dishcloth very late on Thursday night but I haven't had time to photograph it or wash it or any of that. I expect that I'll do that sometime this week and have another FO Friday post this coming Friday :) I also need to finish up weaving in ends and such on the Garter Stitch Scarf and photograph that, as well.
1. Little Man's Giraffe: started May 11, 2011
2. Icarus Shawl: started March 15, 2010
3. Hermione's Everyday Socks: started March 6, 2012
4. Sweet Girl's Hippo: started May 10, 2012
5. Mama's Vanilla Socks (round 2): started June 29, 2012
6. Matt's U of AL Beanie: started October 11, 2012
I've spent some time with my Icarus Shawl this past week. I'm about halfway through the third chart (which means I have something like six rows to go before I start the last chart and the edge rows). Unfortunately, I'm going to have to put this project on hold for a little while as I search my bins of yarn for another skein of yarn. I originally purchased three from Briar Rose because I anticipated making the shawl as written (which didn't happen)...and although I'm still only on the first skein, it's running low and I'd rather have another skein wound and ready to go before I continue. So, I'll have to dig through the bins I haven't touched yet to see if I can find them. I know they're somewhere.
I've also spent some time with my Vanilla Socks and the U of AL beanie hat. I actually started the hat on Thursday night (after finishing up the dishcloth, as I'm using those needles for the hat). I'm not sure how it's going to go. I'm using a DK weight yarn (though it calls itself a sport weight) on US #7 needles and I'll be switching to an Aran weight, also on US #7 needles. I think it'll be okay but we'll see. It's just going to be a basic beanie with a ribbed band, no specific pattern. It should be fine. I'm thinking about taking it off the needles after I get a bit into the stockinette section so I can check the fit. I CO 88 stitches...or was it 96.....anyway, I CO a bunch of stitches and it looks like it should be okay. The socks are just moving along at a snail's pace...knitting around and around and around until I think they're long enough to start the heel. Other than that, I haven't done much with my projects. I keep thinking of the next thing to work on. ::sigh::
PLANNED HATS (at least 2 more - 12 total for the year)
1. Hermione Hearts Ron
2. Ogre Babies!
3. NIN Hat
4. Godric's Hollow Hat
5. Bergen Street Tuque
6. Candy Cane
I've pulled out yarn for the next hat. I'm hoping to get it going so I can have it ready and sent off by Christmas...or maybe I'll keep it. It kind of depends on how it turns out.
Anyway, that's about all I know for my Year of Projects update.
In other "life" news, we finally got to the DMV to get our plates and licenses and all that taken care of. Well, I already have my new license and I had most of the stuff done to get new plates on my car. I had to wait on Husband, however, because he had to sign paperwork because we co-own my vehicle (technically) and I have to sign paperwork for his Ducati because I (technically) co-own that with him. It means he had to take some time off of work to do it. It's not a big deal...just something that needed to get done.
Puppy is no longer wearing his cone of shame but he's still nuts. He has no concept of his surroundings and he's knocked Little Man over more than a couple of times. At least he's healed up and all that. I just wish he wasn't so crazy.
We're off camping this weekend (so this post was written a few days early) and should be home sometime later this afternoon.
I hope you've all had a grand week and that next week is even better!