Happy Sunday, fiberistas (yes, I just made that word up)! It's time for another installment of my Self-Imposed Year of Projects. I'm heading into my forty-fourth week...which means only eight more weeks until I start all over again...and only eight more weeks until my birthday...and only six (or is it seven?) more weeks til Christmas...
Good thing I've been doing some of my holiday knitting, right?
1. Claudia: started January 3, 2012; finished January 10, 2012
2. Mama's Simple Skyp Socks: started May 22, 2011; finished January 9, 2012
3. Little Man's Cobblestone Baby Blanket: started July 2010; finished February 2, 2012
4. Dalek Dishcloth: started February 6, 2012; finished February 8, 2012
5. Baby Traveling Vines Socks: started September 18, 2010; finished February 17, 2012
6. Snail Hat: started February 18, 2012; finished February 19, 2012
7. Lothlorien Hat: started January 25, 2012; finished March 5, 2012
8. Habitat Hat: started April 10, 2012; finished May 8, 2012
9. Mini Sweet Girl's Pumpkin Hat: started May 31, 2012; finished June 4, 2012
10. Pine Forest Baby Blanket: started February 21, 2012; finished August 4, 2012
11. Sassy Girl's Simple Baby Cap #1: started August 4, 2012; finished August 5, 2012
12. Double Bump Dishcloth: started August 9, 2012; finished August 11, 2012
13. Go Pack, Go!: started August 18, 2012; finished August 22, 2012
14. Woven Rib Dishcloth: started August 25, 2012; finished August 26, 2012
15. Little Granite Dishcloth: started August 27, 2012; finished August 28, 2012
16. Alternate Andalusian Dishcloth: started August 29, 2012; finished August 29, 2012
17. Not-Too-Scruby Dishcloth: started September 7, 2012; finished September 14, 2012
18. Ruffled Feathers Pinwheel Blanket: started September 12, 2012; finished September 24, 2012
19. Plain old boring "normal" dishcloth (no project page): started September 22, 2012; finished September 28, 2012
20. Raglan Hat: started September 28, 2012; finished September 29, 2012
21. Nolan for Nellie: started September 28, 2012; finished October 1, 2012
22. Garter Stitch Scarf: started October 5, 2012; finished October 5, 2012
23. Chunky Scarf: started October 6, 2012; finished October 8, 2012
24. Hypnotic Dream Dishcloth: started October 3, 2012; finished October 11, 2012
25. Matt's U of AL Beanie: started October 11, 2012; finished October 14, 2012
26. Christmas Elf Hat: started October 17, 2012; finished October 22, 2012
27. Sweet Girl's Hippo: started May 10, 2012; finished October 26, 2012
28. Susan's Hat (mini): started October 25, 2012; finished October 26, 2012
I've finished three projects since last week: the Candy Cane hat (which I wrote about this past Friday), a mini version of an unpublished hat, and Sweet Girl's Hippo! Okay, so she still needs a face...but she's done and stitched together otherwise. I'm going back and forth in my head about whether I want to use black embroidery floss, white embroidery floss, or the pink yarn to do the eyes, nostrils, and mouth. I'm leaning toward either the white thread or the pink yarn because I'm afraid the black would get lost because she's a bit of a grape color (actually, I'm pretty sure that was the color of the yarn - grape). So....what do you think? White embroidery floss or the pink yarn to do the eyes, nostrils, and mouth? Or do you want to sell me on the black embroidery floss? Most likely I'll have a FO Friday post all about the hippo, complete with photos :) She may still not have a face.....
1. Little Man's Giraffe: started May 11, 2011
2. Icarus Shawl: started March 15, 2010
3. Hermione's Everyday Socks: started March 6, 2012
4. Mama's Vanilla Socks (round 2): started June 29, 2012
5. Little Man's Sweater: started October 23, 2012
Finishing up the hat and the hippo means, of course, that my WIP list is a teensy bit shorter, right? Oh wait.....Startitis. ::sigh:: The sweater. I've dubbed it "Little Man's Sweater" because it's intended for him but Nikki (the lovely designer) has called it the Joseph Sweater. So, eventually it'll link up in my project page but for right now, I don't have it linked (the pattern isn't "live" yet as it'll be for publication).
I've spent the majority of the last week finishing up the hippo, the hat, and starting the sweater. I suppose that's to be expected. I did take some time on Thursday prevening, however, to go stash diving. I was bound and determined to find at least one skein of the Briar Rose (I had two stashed somewhere) so I can finish up my Icarus Shawl sometime this century. I swore that I had dug through every yarn bin I had. And, honestly, I did...but I didn't dig far enough. In the closet in the spare room I have five bins of yarn (keeping in mind that I have eight - yes, eight - more sitting in the room, not in the closet)...I had dug through them but I hadn't actually removed everything. I just kind of pulled half of the yarn out of each bin, dug around a bit, and if I didn't see it, I put everything away.
But Thursday morning, I had a vision: the yarn was in a bin with a bunch of other yarn that was already wound into cakes. I knew it was one of the solid (not see-through) bins that was in the closet. So, after a particularly rough day with Little Man, I had him play with Husband for awhile while I spent some time with my fiber and my books. I pulled out those bins and started at the bottom (of the stack of bins). Wouldn't you know, in the very bottom of the bin of the bottom most bin, I found both skeins of Briar Rose. I caked one and went on my merry way.
So, Icarus Shawl knitting can continue and I can, hopefully, have it finished before we head back to Wisconsin in December :)
PLANNED HATS (at least 1 more - 12 total for the year)
1. Hermione Hearts Ron
2. Ogre Babies!
3. NIN Hat
4. Godric's Hollow Hat
5. Bergen Street Tuque
Anyway, that's about all I know with regards to my Self-Imposed Year of Projects. I've been pondering my Second Self-Imposed Year of Projects again...but I think that's partly due to the Startitis. Oh well.
Perhaps I'll be back for WIP Wednesday this week. I should be back for FO Friday...we'll see if I can get my act together.
I hope you all have a wonderful week and that your weekends were as equally fabulous :)