Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Friday, November 9, 2012

FO Friday

I've been promising you a FO for....well, for at least a couple weeks now. And today, I shall (mostly) deliver.........I think. 

Sweet Girl's Hippo (project page)

Pattern: Hippo by Susan B. Anderson
Time Frame: started May 10, 2012; finished October 26, 2012
Yarn: Shalimar Yarns Breathless in Grape (purple) and Passion Fruit (pink), each held double throughout
Needles: US #5/3.75 mm
Size: Whatever the pattern specified
Modifications: None that were on purpose...though I discovered my M1s were done incorrectly so I have extra holes where there shouldn't be any and I have no idea how to fix them, particularly the ones on the face, without pulling everything apart and I really don't want to do that. So, if anyone has any ideas how to fix my holey face that doesn't involve taking the head apart, please let me know.

Please take note that she's not 100% finished yet...I'm trying to decide what to do about the eyes, nostrils, and mouth. It seems as though it should have been done before the head was stuffed...but I'm not exactly sure how. So, I'm still working out those kinks right now.

Also, I have another post today (that is extremely photo heavy) because it's Little Man's 2nd birthday :)

Anyway, that's all I have for you today. For more FO Friday fun you can visit Tami.

2 comments:

  1. She's cute; looks just like a baby hippo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, what a cute hippo! Maybe you could hide the holes from your M1s by sort of duplicate stitching? And happy birthday to your little guy!

    ReplyDelete