I'm heading into my 48th week of my Self-Imposed Year of Projects. It doesn't quite seem possible that I've been paying attention to something for that long, but apparently the numbers don't lie :)
Anyway, let's get to it!
1. Claudia: started January 3, 2012; finished January 10, 2012
2. Mama's Simple Skyp Socks: started May 22, 2011; finished January 9, 2012
3. Little Man's Cobblestone Baby Blanket: started July 2010; finished February 2, 2012
4. Dalek Dishcloth: started February 6, 2012; finished February 8, 2012
5. Baby Traveling Vines Socks: started September 18, 2010; finished February 17, 2012
6. Snail Hat: started February 18, 2012; finished February 19, 2012
7. Lothlorien Hat: started January 25, 2012; finished March 5, 2012
8. Habitat Hat: started April 10, 2012; finished May 8, 2012
9. Mini Sweet Girl's Pumpkin Hat: started May 31, 2012; finished June 4, 2012
10. Pine Forest Baby Blanket: started February 21, 2012; finished August 4, 2012
11. Sassy Girl's Simple Baby Cap #1: started August 4, 2012; finished August 5, 2012
12. Double Bump Dishcloth: started August 9, 2012; finished August 11, 2012
13. Go Pack, Go!: started August 18, 2012; finished August 22, 2012
14. Woven Rib Dishcloth: started August 25, 2012; finished August 26, 2012
15. Little Granite Dishcloth: started August 27, 2012; finished August 28, 2012
16. Alternate Andalusian Dishcloth: started August 29, 2012; finished August 29, 2012
17. Not-Too-Scruby Dishcloth: started September 7, 2012; finished September 14, 2012
18. Ruffled Feathers Pinwheel Blanket: started September 12, 2012; finished September 24, 2012
19. Plain old boring "normal" dishcloth (no project page): started September 22, 2012; finished September 28, 2012
20. Raglan Hat: started September 28, 2012; finished September 29, 2012
21. Nolan for Nellie: started September 28, 2012; finished October 1, 2012
22. Garter Stitch Scarf: started October 5, 2012; finished October 5, 2012
23. Chunky Scarf: started October 6, 2012; finished October 8, 2012
24. Hypnotic Dream Dishcloth: started October 3, 2012; finished October 11, 2012
25. Matt's U of AL Beanie: started October 11, 2012; finished October 14, 2012
26. Christmas Elf Hat: started October 17, 2012; finished October 22, 2012
27. Sweet Girl's Hippo: started May 10, 2012; finished October 26, 2012
28. Susan's Hat (mini): started October 25, 2012; finished October 26, 2012
29. Little Man's Sweater: started October 23, 2012; finished November 13, 2012
30. Hermione's Everyday Socks: started March 6, 2012; finished November 20, 2012
I finished up Hermione's Everyday Socks this past week! I was a little worried at the very very end, though. I was all ready to do my Kitchener Stitch on the toe and get them closed up and discovered after doing about three stitches worth that I cannot read properly. I tried to tink back and fix it only coming to the realization that I couldn't figure out how to tink back to fix my mistake so I (very bravely) pulled out my needles, attempted to rip back a row, and put the stitches back on the needles. I say that I attempted to rip back: it didn't rip too well. Soooo....I think I got it fixed and I wound up with 14 stitches on each needle and rather than muck it up even more or try to figure out what the hell I'd done, I just said, "screw it," and Kitchenered my toe. So far, nothing is unraveling so I'm going to assume I caught all the live stitches. I have not properly photographed my socks yet...but they've had a thorough soak in Soak and are drying on my sock blockers. They fit as perfectly as I think they'd ever fit :) So, I suppose that means I'm going to have to owe you another FO Friday.
Speaking of Little Man's Sweater.....::sigh:: It does not fit him very well. In fact, I'd venture a guess that it's actually too small for him. I'm going to attach the buttons and I think it's going to make it's way to Maryland for Sassy Girl...and she can wear it in a year. I'm going to take some measurements before I do that, though (including double checking my gauge).
1. Little Man's Giraffe: started May 11, 2011
2. Icarus Shawl: started March 15, 2010
3. Mama's Vanilla Socks (round 2): started June 29, 2012
So, this means that my WIP list is down to three! I spent quite a bit of time with Little Man's Giraffe this week. I've made the balls for the horns and tail and am working on attaching them to their respective appendage and then to the body. I suspect that this will be done by Christmas.
I also worked on my Vanilla Socks, though I didn't get too far. It's just a lot of stockinette in the round so it can get a little boring. Oh well.
All that's left......
PLANNED HATS (at least 1 more - 12 total for the year)
1. Hermione Hearts Ron
2. Ogre Babies!
3. NIN Hat
4. Godric's Hollow Hat
5. Bergen Street Tuque
I still haven't fully decided which hat I want to work on yet.
Anyway, we had friends up from Los Angeles for Thanksgiving this past week. They came up on Thursday and left yesterday morning. We did the usual holiday stuff (turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, etc.). We went to the Mythbusters Exhibit at the Tech Museum in San Jose on Friday (instead of the insanity that is Black Friday) and then we had a traditional Wisconsin dinner: grilled bratwursts (beer soaked, of course), potato salad, pasta salad, and homemade pickles.
I hope that this week isn't quite as crazy as the last week or so has been, what with people visiting and all. I imagine that things will go much smoother.
That's all I have for you this week! I hope you all had a lovely week and holiday (for those of you in the US) and that this week is just as lovely!