Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Self-Imposed Year of Projects: Update #50

I'm going to try to keep this relatively short and sweet as I've been sick for the last few days. I suspect that the flu is part of the problem...perhaps an ear infection, too. We'll see. I plan to go to the doctor tomorrow sometime. 

So, on to my Self-Imposed Year of Projects...


FINISHED OBJECTS
1. Claudia: started January 3, 2012; finished January 10, 2012
2. Mama's Simple Skyp Socks: started May 22, 2011; finished January 9, 2012
3. Little Man's Cobblestone Baby Blanket: started July 2010; finished February 2, 2012
4. Dalek Dishcloth: started February 6, 2012; finished February 8, 2012
5. Baby Traveling Vines Socks: started September 18, 2010; finished February 17, 2012
6. Snail Hat: started February 18, 2012; finished February 19, 2012
7. Lothlorien Hat: started January 25, 2012; finished March 5, 2012
8. Habitat Hat: started April 10, 2012; finished May 8, 2012
9. Mini Sweet Girl's Pumpkin Hat: started May 31, 2012; finished June 4, 2012
10. Pine Forest Baby Blanket: started February 21, 2012; finished August 4, 2012
11. Sassy Girl's Simple Baby Cap #1: started August 4, 2012; finished August 5, 2012
12. Double Bump Dishcloth: started August 9, 2012; finished August 11, 2012
13. Go Pack, Go!: started August 18, 2012; finished August 22, 2012
14. Woven Rib Dishcloth: started August 25, 2012; finished August 26, 2012
15. Little Granite Dishcloth: started August 27, 2012; finished August 28, 2012
16. Alternate Andalusian Dishcloth: started August 29, 2012; finished August 29, 2012
17. Not-Too-Scruby Dishcloth: started September 7, 2012; finished September 14, 2012
18. Ruffled Feathers Pinwheel Blanket: started September 12, 2012; finished September 24, 2012
19. Plain old boring "normal" dishcloth (no project page): started September 22, 2012; finished September 28, 2012
20. Raglan Hat: started September 28, 2012; finished September 29, 2012
21. Nolan for Nellie: started September 28, 2012; finished October 1, 2012
22. Garter Stitch Scarf: started October 5, 2012; finished October 5, 2012
23. Chunky Scarf: started October 6, 2012; finished October 8, 2012
24. Hypnotic Dream Dishcloth: started October 3, 2012; finished October 11, 2012
25. Matt's U of AL Beanie: started October 11, 2012; finished October 14, 2012
26. Christmas Elf Hat: started October 17, 2012; finished October 22, 2012
27. Sweet Girl's Hippo: started May 10, 2012; finished October 26, 2012
28. Susan's Hat (mini): started October 25, 2012; finished October 26, 2012
29. Little Man's Sweater: started October 23, 2012; finished November 13, 2012

30. Hermione's Everyday Socks: started March 6, 2012; finished November 20, 2012 


Haven't finished anything new. And that's fine. 

WORKS-IN-PROGRESS
1. Little Man's Giraffe: started May 11, 2011
2. Icarus Shawl: started March 15, 2010
3. Mama's Vanilla Socks (round 2): started June 29, 2012 

4. Eat Your Monkey Socks: started November 29, 2012


Haven't started anything new...sort of. I wound up frogging the Monkey Socks that I had started because they were too small. I picked up some new, larger needles and restarted them and they appear to be fitting better. I'm still not 100% convinced but my next option is to go down to a US #0 and CO for the large size. If that doesn't work, then I guess I'll CO for the large on US #1s...::sigh::

I've also started the mane for Little Man's giraffe. It's going as well as can be expected. It's not particularly difficult but it's cumbersome. Oh well.

The shawl is just kind of...going. I'm somewhere in the middle of the last chart. The Vanilla Socks are, too, just kind of going along...


PLANNED HATS (at least 1 more - 12 total for the year)
1. Hermione Hearts Ron
2. Ogre Babies!
3. NIN Hat
4. Godric's Hollow Hat
5. Bergen Street Tuque


I think I've decided between either the Bergen Street Tuque or the Godric's Hollow Hat for my last hat for the year. I need to dig out some yarn and I'm hoping I get to that sometime over the next few days because I'd like to work on it while we're on our flights to and from Wisconsin. If not, oh well. 



Anyway, Little Man got sick last week and then shared it with me. That's pretty much it. Oh, and Husband hasn't gotten it and I'm really hoping he doesn't. It's awful. Oh, and I had a panic attack on Friday because my keys were missing. I looked and looked and I knew they were on the counter on Thursday. Turns out that Husband had them in his backpack. We're thinking Little Man was trying to be helpful. I didn't like the ensuing panic attack, however. At least they weren't officially lost. 

Perhaps sometime this week I'll get in with some actual photos of what's going on. I feel horrible because I've been promising photos for awhile...and then Little Man got sick and now I'm sick and it's the holiday season and I've had a buttload of stuff going on. ::grumble""

At any rate, I hope you're all having a lovely weekend and that this next week is grand :)

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of frustration on the various knitting fronts. Maybe it's time to hunker down with a blanket, some comfort food and something good on TV until you're feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spent all of Saturday in bed. It was horrible. I felt significantly better on Sunday but now that it's Monday, it looks like I've got an ear infection. I'll know for sure tomorrow. ::sigh::

      Delete
  2. Ugh!! Being sick in December is the worst--and don't get me started on the miseries of ear infections. I hope you are feeling better real soon! I agree with Tink, maybe some hot mac & cheese, a blanket and a good movie are in order!
    *smiles and a hug*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been getting ear infections on a fairly consistent basis since I was...well, longer than I can remember. They suck. I hate them. I don't want one :(

      Delete
  3. My FIL is down with an ear infection..ugh! Isn't it fun how the creepy little germs find their way through and around a house? Not really..I always think it is better for everyone to get sick at once and get rid of it..but that tends to be more work for me..heck..no matter when it hits, it's more work for us!

    Feel better..*virtual chicken soup*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd rather we all got it at once but I need to be functional to take care of Little Man so it was good that I got sick over the weekend so Husband could take care of him.

      Delete
  4. I hope you both feel better soon, nothing worse than being down sick. Lots of warmth and vegging on the couch for a few days and take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love vegging on the couch. I've been doing that most of this afternoon while Little Man napped. It was grand :)

      Delete
  5. Hope your week gets better and that everyone starts feeling well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little Man seems perfectly lovely...except for diaper rash :( I'll know more after my doctor appointment tomorrow.

      Delete
  6. Good luck :) http://thesmallpepperr.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh boy, I hope the doc was able to help you. A friend posted on FB how cutting up an onion and placing the halves near the sick person sucks up all the germs in the air and prevents others from catching the cold.
    I hope you're feeling better soon. I really like that torque one; hope you make that.

    ReplyDelete