Let's talk about WIPs, baby; let's talk about ah-all three...
Sorry, I had a random "dirty-song-from-my-youth" moment. Anyway, I have more than the three WIPs photographed but the ones that aren't there are my Eat Your Monkey Socks and Mama's Vanilla Socks. We've seen those. These ones we have not seen or, if we have seen them, it was awhile ago. Anyway, The yellow is another dishcloth, specifically Grandmother's Favorite Dishcloth. It's nothing fancy. I just knew I had some yellow Cotton Ease left over from the other two dishcloths so I started something fairly mindless.
The green and white is the back of Little Man's Vest. I'm done doing the armhole decreases and am just working until I get ready for the neck shaping. I think, at this point, it'll fit him in a couple years...I just hope it's not going to be too short. I really don't feel like pulling out a cast on edge or cutting or anything crazy like that.
Then there's the little pile of green in front. That, dear readers, is a(nother) sock. On Sunday, I mentioned a lone skein of Marisol in a green, blue, yellow/orange, black variegated cake that needed a project. I had originally decided on either the Toddler Socks or Little 16 Socks. Well......the Toddler Socks are in a magazine (which I do own) and at the time, Husband was trying to sleep and I didn't think turning on a light and digging through the pile of magazines was going to be conducive to that. The Little 16 Socks are sized for small baby feet...and let's face it, Little Man doesn't have small baby feet and I thought socks for him would be lovely. So, on a whim, I looked at the Garter Stripe Baby Socks and decided that if I used US #2 (2.75mm), they might fit Little Man. I decided it could work so I started those instead. It only took about two hours and I was through the heel on the first sock. I tried them on Little Man on Monday and it fit so I kept going. I keep trying them on him so I know about when to do the toe. I'm not doing the toe as written. I think it'll be too bulky for him so I'm opting for regular toe decreases. We'll see how it goes.
|Garter Stripe Baby Socks (link to project page)|
In case you're curious (and you may be), the needles are Blackthorn DPNs in US #2.
There's a closeup of the armhole decreases on the vest. It's not perfect but it works. And the color is totally wrong :)
In other random events, unpacking is coming along...slowly but it's coming along. We got our new fridge on Monday. No, we hadn't been living without a fridge but the one that came in the house was not our glass of beer. We buy soda in 12 packs and we couldn't fit a 12 pack in the fridge very well. We couldn't get two gallons of milk in the door. The place where the eggs go wouldn't hold anything but a half package of eggs (6 pack). The complaints just got longer and worse. So, we decided that buying a new fridge was a good idea. I was a little leery about it until I found out what we were getting back in taxes this year. Now I'm perfectly fine with it. We also got the meat smoker yesterday. I imagine that Husband is going to be using that all weekend. I'm hoping we get the dryer sometime this week so I can properly do laundry (instead of hanging it all over the house to dry and letting it get crunchy - I hate crunchy underwear).
I'm working on getting February's book review written, I promise! I should also have a FO Friday post. "Should," being the operative word.
I hope all is well with you :)
For more WIP Wednesday fun, visit Tami :)