Finished Objects (FOs)1. San Francisco Fog Fingerless Mitts: started January 2, 2013; finished January 10, 2013
2. Don't Blink: started January 16, 2013; finished January 16, 2013 (links to one I made last year using the same yarn)
3. Dalek Dishcloth: started January 16, 2013; finished January 21, 2013 (links to one I made last year using the same yarn)
4. Woven Rib Dishcloth: started February 8, 2013; finished February 11, 2013
5. Icarus Shawl: started March 15, 2010; finished February 14, 2013
6. Little Granite Dishcloth: started February 16, 2013; finished March 2, 2013
No new FOs. I'm kind of sad about that. I feel like it's been forever since I finished anything.
Works-in-Progress (WIPs)1. Mama's Vanilla Socks (round 2): started June 29, 2012
2. Eat Your Monkey Socks: started November 29, 2012
3. Little Man's Vest: started January 16, 2013
4. Garter Stripe Baby Socks: started March 3, 2013
5. Freeport Vest: started March 7, 2013
6. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth: started sometime between March 10th and March 14th, 2013
What little knitting I did do this week was on the dishcloth, my vest, and a little bit on my vanilla socks. Oh, and I Kitchenered the toe on the first of Little Man's socks. Nothing too exciting.
That means my lists remain like this:
Children's Items1. "Little 16" Newborn Socks
2. Baby Surprise Jacket
3. Toddler Socks
4. Alvin Sweater
5. A New Sock Monkey
7. Greyson (need to purchase)
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting FTW!)1. Rose's Wrist Warmers
2. Viking Bag
3. Campfire Socks
4. Red Dwarf Socks
5. Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts
Household Items1. Halloween Creepy Cloths (1) (need to purchase)
2. Halloween Creepy Cloths (2) (need to purchase)
3. Assorted Harry Potter Cloths
4. Assorted Doctor Who Cloths
5. Grrlfriend Market Bag
6. Petal Dishcloth
Designs (which may or may not be sooper seekrit - obviously the sooper seekrit ones aren't listed)
1. Little Man's Baby Blanket
2. Susan's Hat (4 versions)
3. Assorted dishcloths (set of 12?)
4. Traveling Vines Scarf
5. Traveling Vines Socks (baby for sure, maybe adult-sized as well)
6. Pinwheel Market Bag
7. Anything else that comes along (I have a notebook somewhere with potential designs somewhere)
Like I said, we've had a lot of seemingly random things going on this week.
First of all, I still haven't found my rings. I'm 98% sure they're around here somewhere...but I have no memory of where I packed them, though it must have been good. The intent was that I packed them wherever so I didn't lose them. Hrm. I expect we're going to find them in the weirdest place and we're going to wodner how the hell they got there. Husband actually came home early on Monday because I was freaking out about it so much. I've calmed down some but it's still stressing me out and keeping me awake at night.
We had friends visit this week (Tuesday). I got a teensy bit of knitting done but the day was spent mostly chasing the boys around, trying to keep Puppy off the youngest boy, and then not much else happened that day.
On Wednesday, I visited with a cousin of mine from Wisconsin. She, her husband, and their younger son came out to San Francisco because the son had said he had never done anything for spring break (he's 22 and graduating in May - with a job lined up and everything). So, the three of them came out and played tourist for a week. They didn't know we were living out here and we didn't know they were visiting until I caught something her husband had posted on Facebook about being at Haight & Ashbury (the row houses that make San Francisco famous). So, I called and we arranged to spend some time together on Wednesday.
Thursday, I finally went to the eye doctor because I was in desperate need of new contacts (which I got). We also spent time unpacking and cleaning.
Friday, Little Man and I went to Alameda for Kid-Friendly Mama Knitting...not that I got a lot of knitting done. Little Man decided he wanted to try the potty while we were there. He went up into their bathroom, dropped trow, sat on their potty, and peed........with his diaper still on. Silly boy. He was so proud of himself, though (and, truthfully, I was proud of him, too).
By the time yesterday came around, I was exhausted and knitting just wasn't looking like something I'd get to do. And I didn't. We spent yesterday unpacking, moving things around, and running all over (we went to Los Altos - about 20 minutes south, to go to Walmart and the beer store).
I'm hoping this week brings a bit more sanity but.....we all know that won't happen. So, I hope that it's, at least, a good week, not just for me and our house but for all of you as well.
Oh, and ring-finding mojo would be grand :)