Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Y2: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Update #23

Happy Sunday! Time for a Self-Imposed Year of Projects Update :) 


Finished Objects (FOs)
1. San Francisco Fog Fingerless Mitts: started January 2, 2013; finished January 10, 2013
2. Don't Blink: started January 16, 2013; finished January 16, 2013  (links to one I made last year using the same yarn)
3. Dalek Dishcloth: started January 16, 2013; finished January 21, 2013 (links to one I made last year using the same yarn)
4. Woven Rib Dishcloth: started February 8, 2013; finished February 11, 2013
5. Icarus Shawl: started March 15, 2010; finished February 14, 2013
6. Little Granite Dishcloth: started February 16, 2013; finished March 2, 2013
7. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth: started March 4, 2013; finished March 27, 2013
8. Garter Stripe Baby Socks: started March 3, 2013; finished April 4, 2013
9. Petal Dishcloth: started May 21, 2013; finished May 22, 2013
10. Petal Dishcloth: started May 22, 2013; finished May 23, 2013
11. Mama's Vanilla Socks (round 2): started June 29, 2012; finished May 24, 2013 

12. Petal Dishcloth: started May 26, 2013; finished May 29, 2013


No new projects were finished. I'm not really surprised by that once you see what I've got going for WIPs...

Works-in-Progress (WIPs)
1. Eat Your Monkey Socks: started November 29, 2012
2. Freeport Vest: started March 7, 2013

3. Baby Surprise Jacket: started May 27, 2013
4. Traveling Vines Socks (Adult): started May 31, 2013


None of these WIPs are particularly small or quick. You'll notice that I'm still sitting with only four WIPs. That's probably a good thing, actually. 

Admittedly, my Monkey Socks and my Freeport Vest haven't seen much action recently. Also, my Traveling Vines Socks have been a frustration for me. Last Sunday I was in the midst of the first pattern repeat. Today, I'm in the midst of the second pattern repeat. Most of my knitting this week was on those socks.....so why am I only on the second pattern repeat? Well, let me tell you! Last weekend, I managed to mess up on the ribbing so I had a row where there were purls and knits showing up where they shouldn't. It bothered the crap out of me so I wound up frogging the sock and starting over. I got into the first pattern repeat again when I realized I didn't like how I had the stitches set up (I had it set up so that you wouldn't have to do any fancy stitch gymnastics when it came time for the heel). It was making some of the stitches move around from needle to needle and it was obnoxious. Frogged again and restarted. Then I got into the first pattern repeat again and didn't like how the ribbing was lining up with the pattern. Frogged again and restarted. Now I'm finally over it. It doesn't matter how I switch up the ribbing, it's not going to look quite right because of the nature of the pattern repeat. I got over it. My options for ribbing are pretty limited because of the stitch count unless I want to do 1x1 ribbing (which I dislike immensely). Soooooo...that's where we stand on that. 

I also gave the BSJ a little bit of attention but not nearly enough. I should give it more attention. 

Anyway, that means my lists look like this.......

Children's Items 
1. "Little 16" Newborn Socks
2. Toddler Socks
3. Alvin Sweater
4. A New Sock Monkey
5. Stig
6. Greyson

7. Vested Baby Boy
8. Milo
  
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting FTW!)
1. Rose's Wrist Warmers
2. Viking Bag
3. Campfire Socks
4. Red Dwarf Socks
5. Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts
6. Ardys 
Household Items
1. Halloween Creepy Cloths (1)
2. Halloween Creepy Cloths (2)
3. Assorted Harry Potter Cloths
4. Assorted Doctor Who Cloths
5. Grrlfriend Market Bag

Designs
(which may or may not be sooper seekrit - obviously the sooper seekrit ones aren't listed)
1. Little Man's Baby Blanket
2. Susan's Hat (4 versions)
3. Assorted dishcloths (set of 12?)
4. Traveling Vines Scarf
5. Traveling Vines Socks (baby and adult-sized as well) - yes, this is a WIP...still working on it...
6. Pinwheel Market Bag
7. Anything else that comes along (I have a notebook or two or seventeen somewhere with potential designs and random ideas)
 
 
 
 
 
::sigh:: Life.
 
 
 
 
I've been sick most of this last week. I spent the first half of the week with crusty eyes. I suspect it was due to allergies because I had no other symptoms other than itchy eyes and sneezing. My eyes weren't red and allergy meds took care of everything. Once I got over that, my ears started to hurt. I have some sort of topical infection in one of my ears (at least). I had the same thing the weekend we were moving so I got lazy with the medication. I have some leftover. I'm using that to tide me over until Monday. Hopefully it helps. Not exactly how I wanted to spend my week. Oh well.
 
I picked up Little Man's photos from his photo shoot that he had a couple weeks ago (nothing fancy, just the portrait studio at JC Penney). 

Yes, he has R2D2 ("2D Robot") with him


Smirk

Cutie patootie!




Anyway, I hope you all have a fabulous week!

4 comments:

  1. Loveeeee the photos of little man !!! Sorry to hear you were unwell, hope your feeling better soon and hope the sock goes better now for you. Looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are awesome...he's got a great smile.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so damn cute...I'm sorry you've been feeling poorly..hopefully it will get better soon..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Condolences on the socks--how frustrating! I have just put eye drops in my eye as I am having some kind of attack tonight and it is so annoying...grrr.
    Lastly--the boy! Adorable!
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete