Summer decided she wasn't quite finished yet and made a teensy reappearance this weekend...which is good because I needed to get the pool cleaned out and winterized for the year...and yes, I have to do it because Husband can't get in the pool. So, it was good that summer made a bit of a resurgence, if only for a couple days.
Anyway, it's Sunday and that means it's time for another Self-Imposed Year of Projects Update :) Today marks update #40 and that means I have a scant three months left on this year. Let's see where I'm at, shall we?
Finished Objects (FOs)1. San Francisco Fog Fingerless Mitts: started January 2, 2013; finished January 10, 2013
2. Don't Blink: started January 16, 2013; finished January 16, 2013 (links to one I made last year using the same yarn)
3. Dalek Dishcloth: started January 16, 2013; finished January 21, 2013 (links to one I made last year using the same yarn)
4. Woven Rib Dishcloth: started February 8, 2013; finished February 11, 2013
5. Icarus Shawl: started March 15, 2010; finished February 14, 2013
6. Little Granite Dishcloth: started February 16, 2013; finished March 2, 2013
7. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth: started March 4, 2013; finished March 27, 2013
8. Garter Stripe Baby Socks: started March 3, 2013; finished April 4, 2013
9. Petal Dishcloth: started May 21, 2013; finished May 22, 2013
10. Petal Dishcloth: started May 22, 2013; finished May 23, 2013
11. Mama's Vanilla Socks (round 2): started June 29, 2012; finished May 24, 2013
12. Petal Dishcloth: started May 26, 2013; finished May 29, 2013
13. Mini Petal Dishcloth: started June 6, 2013; finished June 10, 2013
14. Eat Your Monkey Socks: started November 29, 2012; finished June 15, 2013
15. Sand Stitch Dishcloth: started June 18, 2013; finished June 20, 2013
16. Roman Stitch (Variation) Dishcloth: started June 21, 2013; finished June 23, 2013
17. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth: started June 28, 2013; finished July 25, 2013
18. Choose Your Own Adventure Dishcloth: started July 26, 2013; finished August 4, 2013
19. Greyson: started July 5, 2013; finished August 27, 2013
20. Pumpkin Cloth: started September 1, 2013; finished September 1, 2013
21. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth: started September 19, 2013; finished September 22, 2013
22. Grave Cloth: started September 22, 2013; finished September 22, 2013
23. Franken Cloth: started September 22, 2013; finished September 23, 2013
24. Witch Cloth: started September 23, 2013; finished September 27, 2013
25. Soooper Seeekrit Swap Project: started September 4, 2013; finished October 3, 2013
You'll notice that I finished up my Soooper Seeekrit Swap Project...and I'm not scrambling at the very end to do it, either! The Doctor Who Swap Package doesn't have to be sent off for a couple more weeks so I'm in very good shape. I might even have time to add to that swap package at the rate I'm going! But, because it's a secret swap, I can't show you photos of what I made until it's been received...which basically isn't for another month. So, you'll just have to wait until then, I suppose.
This means my WIP list looks like this:
Works-in-Progress (WIPs)1. Freeport Vest: started March 7, 2013
2. Baby Surprise Jacket: started May 27, 2013
3. Traveling Vines Socks (Adult): started May 31, 2013
4. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
|Dragon's Egg Sock|
Here's a recent in-progress photo of the first of my two Dragon's Egg Socks. I'm in the middle of the ribbing between the charts...so, the first chart is done and I'm doing ribbing for a few more rows, then I start the second chart. It's slow-going for me because I'm using DPNs instead of two circulars but it makes me pay attention a bit more.
|Traveling Vines Socks - Heel Pic!|
So, needless to say, but I've worked on both these socks this week. I've also pulled out my Freeport Vest and I'm done with the waist shaping. I've just started the point where you add your contrast color and start working in garter stitch...which means I'm just a few rows away from where I do my Elizabeth Zimmerman Fake Seam (if I decide to do it - I'm still on the fence about it). And then I divide for the arms and then I do that and then....bah, who am I kidding?! I won't finish this for awhile. You know, for a project that's done with bulky yarn, it sure takes me forever to do anything. Perhaps if I were smaller...
I haven't worked on my Baby Surprise Jacket but I need to wind yarn...which means I need to find my kitchen counter to set up my swift and ball winder. ::sigh:: Perhaps this week.
My remaining lists look like this (and yes, I realize that with twelve weeks left, I won't finish - ask me if I care):
Children's Items1. "Little 16" Newborn Socks
2. Alvin Sweater
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting FTW!)
1. Rose's Wrist Warmers
2. Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts
1. Halloween Creepy Cloths (2)
2. Assorted Harry Potter Cloths
3. Assorted Doctor Who Cloths
Designs (which may or may not be sooper seekrit)
1. Little Man's Baby Blanket
2. Susan's Hat (4 versions)
3. Assorted dishcloths (set of 12?)
4. Traveling Vines Scarf
5. Traveling Vines Socks (baby and adult-sized as well) - yes, this is a WIP...still working on it...
6. Pinwheel Market Bag
7. Anything else that comes along (I have a notebook or two or seventeen somewhere with potential designs and random ideas)
I'm debating on what project I want to start next. Part of me thinks I should knock something off my "Children's Items" list but another part of me wants to start a project that isn't even on my list...::sigh:: The urge to start getting ready for my Third Self-Imposed Year of Projects is getting a little overwhelming...again.
I had a fabulous lunch date this past week with Little Man. We went out for hot dogs and fries here in town at a place called Fletch's. It's a tiny little place but the food makes it worth it.
|Little Man at Fletch's|
Anyway, I hope you're all having a lovely weekend :)