Today marks my 51st update in my Self-Imposed Year of Projects. I suppose we should just be getting on with it...
Finished Objects (FOs)1. San Francisco Fog Fingerless Mitts: started January 2, 2013; finished January 10, 2013
2. Don't Blink: started January 16, 2013; finished January 16, 2013 (links to one I made last year using the same yarn)
3. Dalek Dishcloth: started January 16, 2013; finished January 21, 2013 (links to one I made last year using the same yarn)
4. Woven Rib Dishcloth: started February 8, 2013; finished February 11, 2013
5. Icarus Shawl: started March 15, 2010; finished February 14, 2013
6. Little Granite Dishcloth: started February 16, 2013; finished March 2, 2013
7. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth: started March 4, 2013; finished March 27, 2013
8. Garter Stripe Baby Socks: started March 3, 2013; finished April 4, 2013
9. Petal Dishcloth: started May 21, 2013; finished May 22, 2013
10. Petal Dishcloth: started May 22, 2013; finished May 23, 2013
11. Mama's Vanilla Socks (round 2): started June 29, 2012; finished May 24, 2013
12. Petal Dishcloth: started May 26, 2013; finished May 29, 2013
13. Mini Petal Dishcloth: started June 6, 2013; finished June 10, 2013
14. Eat Your Monkey Socks: started November 29, 2012; finished June 15, 2013
15. Sand Stitch Dishcloth: started June 18, 2013; finished June 20, 2013
16. Roman Stitch (Variation) Dishcloth: started June 21, 2013; finished June 23, 2013
17. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth: started June 28, 2013; finished July 25, 2013
18. Choose Your Own Adventure Dishcloth: started July 26, 2013; finished August 4, 2013
19. Greyson: started July 5, 2013; finished August 27, 2013
20. Pumpkin Cloth: started September 1, 2013; finished September 1, 2013
21. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth: started September 19, 2013; finished September 22, 2013
22. Grave Cloth: started September 22, 2013; finished September 22, 2013
23. Franken Cloth: started September 22, 2013; finished September 23, 2013
24. Witch Cloth: started September 23, 2013; finished September 27, 2013
25. Rose's Wrist Warmers: started September 4, 2013; finished October 3, 2013
26. Susan's Hat (V2): started October 14, 2013; finished October 18, 2013
27. Little Man's Pumpkin Hat: started October 20, 2013; finished October 23, 2013
28. Freeport Vest: started March 7, 2013; finished October 30, 2013
29. Susan's Hat (V2): started November 3, 2013; finished November 10, 2013
I still haven't gotten around to washing, blocking, or weaving in ends on my Freeport Vest. I'm hoping that with Husband off from work until after the new year, I'll be able to take the time to do this. We shall see...
Works-in-Progress (WIPs)1. Baby Surprise Jacket: started May 27, 2013
2. Traveling Vines Socks (Adult): started May 31, 2013
3. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
4. Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts: started November 23, 2013
If you visited on Wednesday, you got to see my Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts and my Dragon's Egg Socks. I have not progressed any further than those photos on my Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts OR my Dragon's Egg Socks. I have, however, worked more on my Traveling Vines Socks. I've started the heel flap for the second sock. I also spent some time working on specifics for the pattern (so I can write it, post it for testers, and so on and so forth). My little notebook has everything divided out into sections: casting on (sizes), ribbing, leg (including the pattern chart), heel flap, heel turn, double gusset heel decrease (with continuing pattern information), and the foot/toe. I also figured out what I needed from and about my testers: sizes (how many per size), gauge/needle size for said sizes, yarn used and estimated yardage, clarity of directions, photos & project page, the number of stitches at the end of the heel turn for two of the sizes, and any suggestions. I'm not quite ready for testing yet...I'd like to finish the second sock first. Hopefully sometime in the beginning of the new year...
This leaves me with the following lists of items that I will most likely not get to before the end of the year...
Children's Items1. "Little 16" Newborn Socks
2. Alvin Sweater
1. Halloween Creepy Cloths (2)
2. Assorted Harry Potter Cloths
3. Assorted Doctor Who Cloths
Designs (which may or may not be soooper seeekrit)
1. Little Man's Baby Blanket
2. Susan's Hat (4 versions) (yes, I've mostly sussed out one version but it's still on this list)
3. Assorted dishcloths (set of 12?)
4. Traveling Vines Scarf
5. Traveling Vines Socks (baby and adult-sized as well) - yes, this is a WIP...still working on it...but I'm ever closer to getting this ready for testers!
6. Pinwheel Market Bag
7. Anything else that comes along (I have a notebook or two or seventeen somewhere with potential designs and random ideas)
I expect that next week's update will be my Year of Projects wrap-up. Hopefully my photos will cooperate and it'll turn out fabulously. Then again, worse things have happened around here.
In "life" news, Little Man caught a nasty little bug that makes him have horrible diarrhea and farts. He's acting normally for the most part (except for the epic poop) but I did haul him to the doctor on Friday. If he doesn't start getting better, I get to attempt to take a stool sample in for testing. ::sigh:: Just what I always wanted to do...
Husband brought out his trains the other day. Little Man is in love. They went to the toy store here in town on Thursday to pick up some more items. Husband wanted me to come along to keep his spending in check; I didn't really want to go. So, after I got Little Man buckled in the carseat, I went to get in the car and Little Man said, "No, Mama. Get out. I go Daddy" Translation: No, Mama, I don't want you to go. I want to go with Daddy by myself.
I didn't argue.
Little Man has also been fascinated with my iPad lately. He wants to watch Evan Tube HD on YouTube...which leads to other random videos including a lovely Russian cartoon which I think is called Masha and The Bear, videos of play dough creations from Monsters, Inc. and Despicable Me, and Disney cartoons. He also wants to play all the Angry Birds games he can find (and I think we have all of them). We were at Target the other day and he pointed to a box and said, "Mama! Angry Bird Jenga!" He saw it on Evan Tube HD. ::sigh:: I think I'm in trouble.
Anyway, I hope you've all had a lovely week :)