Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Y3: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Update #21

Happy Sunday :) And, if you're in the US, happy Memorial Day weekend! Today is our Memorial Day party so we'll be in the back yard, consuming massive quantities of smoked meat (Boston butt and ribs, hot dogs, hamburgers, and brats) and other assorted foods, and being social. Or something like that.

But, it's still Sunday and that means it's time for my weekly update :)

Finished Objects (FOs)   
1. Windschief: started January 3, 2014; finished January 10, 2014     
2. Welcome to the World Newborn Hat: started January 10, 2014; finished January 11, 2014   
3. Five Hour Baby Sweater: started January 16, 2014; finished January 29, 2014  
4. Baby Surprise Jacket: started May 27, 2013; finished February 2, 2014  
5. Welcome to the World Newborn Hat: started February 4, 2014; finished February 4, 2014 
6. Milo: started December 25, 2013; finished February 9, 2014
7. Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts: started November 23, 2013; finished February 19, 2014
8. Traveling Vines Socks: started May 31, 2013; finished March 3, 2014
9. Babbeh Hat: started March 3, 2014; finished March 6, 2014
 
10. Hurricane Hat: started April 22, 2014; finished May 15, 2014
11. Hoo Hat: started May 19, 2014; finished May 20, 2014
12. Hoo Hat: started May 20, 2014; finished May 21, 2014
13. Stormageddon's Stripey Hat: started May 22, 2014; finished May 23, 2014

Wait, wait, wait......bwha? I finished THREE projects this week.....wait, I not only finished three projects this week; I STARTED and FINISHED three projects this week! The two Hoo Hats were blogged about this past Friday. I haven't gotten around to blogging about Stormageddon's Stripey Hat but it was made out of more leftovers of the same yarn that two Hoo Hats were made from...and I used the same basic sizing sooooo....yeah :) I plan to blog about the Stripey Hat this coming Friday but I haven't gotten there yet. 

Soooo, onward :)

 Works-In-Progress (WIPs)
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Oreo Socks: started March 8, 2014
3. Baby Stormageddon


Admittedly, I haven't touched either pair of socks this week. I was too busy with the hats. But, because my knitting mojo is coming back, I may pull these out to work on this week. We'll see. 

As for Baby Stormageddon...I had an appointment with my OB on Friday and my weight is fine, my blood pressure is fine, baby's heartbeat is fine, my uterine measurement was fine....so, all we can assume is that baby is fine. I feel lots of random movements and while not exactly painful, it's not the most comfortable thing I've ever felt. I know Little Man was a mover and a shaker but he kind of stuck to the same spot (which didn't involve any organs being repeatedly kicked/poked)....this one is all over the place. At least it's not painful...just uncomfortable. 


And now the "to do" lists...

Children's Items
1. Swirl Hat
2. Elefante
3. Nottingham
4. Shaun
5. Gramps Cardigan (need to purchase - $6)
6. Greyson
7. Smaug Hat

Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Hermione Hearts Ron
2. Godric's Hollow Hat
3. Jabberwonky (which might be in the SSCB below but I don't remember) *
4. Gallifrey Fingerless Mitts
5. Weeping Angel Socks *
6. Stormont
7. Drip Drip Drop (which might be in the SSCB below but I don't remember) *

* I'll probably only pick one of these but, you know, choices and all...

 Secret Sock Club Bags
(These bags are already set up with pattern and yarn - I just pick one at random and no, I don't remember what I put in there right now...I can go look later, if you're really interested. I really probably should...but, honestly, nah...)

Sweater for Me
Sadly, this just isn't going to happen. With all the body changes going on, trying to measure for any sort of sweater just isn't in the cards.

Shawl for Me
1. Pacific Shawl
2. See You in September
3. Boneyard Shawl

Designs
1. Little Man's Baby Blanket
2. Susan's Hat (adult and child versions)
3. Assorted Dishcloths
4. Traveling Vines projects (adult socks, baby socks, scarf, hat, fingerless mitts, shawl, etc.)
5. Pinwheel Market Bag

6. Anything else that comes along at the right time


Hoooray, I was able to remove something from one of the lists because I made TWO of them this past week :) I'm still tossed on starting something new. We're heading back to Wisconsin soon and I'd like to have something to work on while we're traveling but I don't know what I want to take.



Anyway, I hope you've had a lovely week :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear all is well - both of my boys jumped all over the place - or thats what it felt like!! Well done on the finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a terrific BBQ. Sloth is the theme of the day as we'll have a busy last week of school.

    ReplyDelete