|Greyson (link to Project Page)|
Time Frame: started May 29, 2014; finished June 17, 2014
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash Quatros in Antigua (#1957) - almost an entire skein
Needles: US #4 (3.5 mm), US #5 (3.75 mm), US #7 (4.5 mm), and US #9 (5.5 mm)
Modifications: I made a few modifications to this sweater (some intentional, others as victims of circumstance) but nothing that takes away from the overall pattern. The body and sleeves of the sweater were done with the US #7 needles. All the ribbing is 2x2 (pattern calls for 1x1); the ribbing on the bottom was done with US #5 (which is what the pattern calls for) but the ribbing on the sleeves and neckband were done with US #4 (victims of circumstance - it's what I had available at the time). I did the bind off on the neckband with US #9 needles (remember, babies have HUGE heads and I was worried, especially with the smaller needles for the ribbing). The only other modification I made was when I picked up stitches along the neckband. I did the "pick up three for every four" stitches along the sides of the "V" but along the back, I picked up every stitch. It worked for me so I went with it.
Thoughts: This is the second time I've made this sweater, though this was a different size. I'm still unsure how that opening is going to fit a newborn's head but we'll see how things go when Stormageddon arrives. In the meantime, it's adorable and even if Stormageddon never fits into it, I'm sure one of the many stuffed animals will :)
Anyway, that's all I have for today :) I'll link up with Tami as soon as I can (if I can)!