While almost all of my cohorts are busy finishing up their third years of their Year of Projects, I'm at the midpoint...what can I say, I started late and kept on the trend :)
So, this is the midpoint of my Third Self-Imposed Year of Projects :)
Let's get right to things...
Fnished Objects (FOs)
1. Windschief: started January 3, 2014; finished January 10, 2014
2. Welcome to the World Newborn Hat: started January 10, 2014; finished January 11, 2014
3. Five Hour Baby Sweater: started January 16, 2014; finished January 29, 2014
4. Baby Surprise Jacket: started May 27, 2013; finished February 2, 2014
5. Welcome to the World Newborn Hat: started February 4, 2014; finished February 4, 2014
6. Milo: started December 25, 2013; finished February 9, 2014
7. Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts: started November 23, 2013; finished February 19, 2014
8. Traveling Vines Socks: started May 31, 2013; finished March 3, 2014
9. Babbeh Hat: started March 3, 2014; finished March 6, 2014
10. Hurricane Hat: started April 22, 2014; finished May 15, 2014
11. Hoo Hat: started May 19, 2014; finished May 20, 2014
12. Hoo Hat: started May 20, 2014; finished May 21, 2014
13. Stormageddon's Stripey Hat: started May 22, 2014; finished May 23, 2014
14. Greyson: started May 29, 2014; finished June 17, 2014
I've not finished anything new (that was a part of my list). I did finish a dishcloth or two (one of them was.....well, I ran out of yarn)...I'm not really counting those, however. I haven't even bothered to make project pages so I'm not worried about it.
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Oreo Socks: started March 8, 2014
3. Baby Stormageddon
4. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
I'm kind of proud of myself. I spent some time on all three projects this past week. Admittedly, I spent the most time on my Pacific Shawl...which isn't to say that I've made a lot of progress but it is the one I've spent the most time with. I only worked a few rows on my Dragon's Egg Socks, mostly because it requires a bit of concentration and my cable needle...and no interruptions. I have to read charts for these socks and that's hard to do when you have an active three year old running around. So, these have been delegated "late night" knitting...which I don't do often because, you know, pregnant and exhausted! I also worked a couple rounds here and there on my Oreo Socks. To be honest, I was working on those two dishcloths, though.
Stormageddon is fine. I had the gestational diabetes test done and the results came back this past Monday. That part was fine, though I am, apparently, slightly anemic. It's not a big deal and it's not uncommon during pregnancy. So, I've had to add an iron supplement to my day (which I take at a different time than my prenatal, though I'm not sure why - it's what I was instructed to do). Not a big deal.
1. Swirl Hat
5. Gramps Cardigan (need to purchase - $6)
6. Smaug Hat
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Hermione Hearts Ron
2. Godric's Hollow Hat
3. Jabberwonky (which might be in the SSCB below but I don't remember) *
4. Gallifrey Fingerless Mitts
5. Weeping Angel Socks *
7. Drip Drip Drop (which might be in the SSCB below but I don't remember) *
* I'll probably only pick one of these but, you know, choices and all...
Secret Sock Club Bags
(These bags are already set up with pattern and yarn - I just pick one
at random and no, I don't remember what I put in there right now...I can
go look later, if you're really interested. I really probably should...but, honestly, nah...)
1. Little Man's Baby Blanket
2. Susan's Hat (adult and child versions)
3. Assorted Dishcloths
4. Traveling Vines projects (adult socks, baby socks, scarf, hat, fingerless mitts, shawl, etc.)
5. Pinwheel Market Bag
6. Anything else that comes along at the right time
Now, let's be honest. I'm having my second child within the next 12-14 weeks. These lists are long. Do I really, truly, honestly think I'm going to even come close with these? Hell no. But, I'm okay with that. I made the list before I got pregnant, sometime in early December. I adjusted it again at the end of December (before I actually posted it)...and that was all before I was pregnant. So, I had high hopes for my knitting time...and then I got pregnant and then I lost my knitting mojo (probably because I was pregnant)...and then I had a reality check. ::sigh:: Let's just say that some things were removed from the list and some things were readjusted and we wound up with the lists seen above.
And, let's continue to be honest...I'm not going to get anywhere near all of that done. I'll still try but we're not going to hold our breath around here.
Anyway, that's what I know for right now regarding all of that...
In "real life" news, I've managed to get whatever icky sickness Husband had last week. I think it's just the proverbial summer cold but it's still not fun. Also, the baby crib came yesterday. We ordered a few things from Amazon and the crib was the first to show up (we're waiting on the dresser/changing table, and the pack-n-play). We haven't put it together or anything but it's here and that's a start. Perhaps next weekend when I'm feeling better. Or not. As long as it gets done before Stormageddon arrives, all is well.
Anyway, I suppose I should wander off. If I'm feeling better and if I get around to it, perhaps I'll have photos next week. Or not.