Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

WIP Wednesday

Happy Wednesday!

It's been awhile since I participated in a WIP Wednesday post. No real reason other than exhaustion and the inability to take decent photos during daytime hours.

With that said, these photos are not decent. Sorry.

I have two things to share today so let's get to it!

First up:

Fibery Goodness!
Awhile ago...like before we moved to California...I acquired an 8 oz. bag of French Blue Corriedale fiber, dyed by Louet. I tried to spin some of it several months ago (maybe closer to a year ago) and we did not get along. I dubbed it my "Asshole Corriedale," and it was not far from the truth. We just could not get along. After sitting for several months, I decided that I would try to finish spinning it (and eventually I'll try my hand at chain plying again). Soooooo....this is my Asshole Corriedale, all spun up and ready for plying. So, it truly is a WIP but I'm at the halfway point. It was much easier to spin the second time around...no idea what I was doing differently, though.

Second up:

Dragon's Egg Socks (link to Project Page)

This is the first of my Dragon's Egg Socks from the Unofficial Harry Potter Knits magazine. I've finished the heel flap and am ready to turn the heel. I kind of cheated on this. I'm making the smallest size and it calls for a repeat of chart A and two repeats of chart B before you start the heel flap...but I only did one repeat of chart B. If I had done two, I would have had an ill-fitting sock and no one wants that.

I started out knitting these on my Signature DPNs (US #1)...but it was fiddly and annoying and I finally got sick of it and grabbed two circulars instead. It's making things a bit easier. I'll probably use the DPNs to pick up the stitches for the gussets but I'm not using them for the foot...maybe as a cable needle.

I'm using Knit Picks Stroll for these socks. I'm not in love, sadly. The yarn is pretty splitty...I think it'll be fine once I'm done and I expect they'll be decently hard-wearing but it's not my favorite to knit with. Also, the yarn is pretty dark and that's hard to deal with at night (when I have to work on these due to the charts and cable needles and such - not something I can do with Little Man around). Actually, let's be honest...I'm not sure I love these socks, in general. I hope I will when I finish them but part of me just wants to frog them and move on with my life. We'll see, I suppose.



I have other WIPs happening right now but I haven't bothered to photograph them. My second Oreo Sock is nearing the heel flap and my Pacific Shawl just continues to grow.

Stormageddon...well, he's been doing flips and kicking and then there are random contractions. Not the most fun I've had lately. His crib is put together, which is fabulous. I need to find the crib sheets but at least the crib is taken care of. Next up will probably be the dresser/changing table. And then who knows!

I should also share a fun story but I think I'll wait until my post on Sunday (which means you'll have to come back!).


Hopefully I'll be hooking up with Tami today :) Hope you're having a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. What a terrific green that is for the dragon egg socks. You got a lot done on it. LOL'd at the spinning story. It's a pretty blue though. You're beating it down.

    ReplyDelete