We're still recovering from the plague but I'm still posting FO Friday posts. Today, you're going to get a twofer because I owe one from last week and I finished something this week :)
|Oreo Socks (link to Project Page)|
Pattern: None - basic vanilla sock
Time Frame: started March 8, 2014; finished August 5, 2014
Yarn: Zitron Trekking XXL in Mint Oreo (maybe 3/4 skein)
Needles: US #1 (2.25 mm) - two circulars (ChaiGoo, perhaps)
Size: 72 sts.
Modifications: None as there really is no pattern. I CO 72 sts, did an inch or so of ribbing, worked in stockinette until I felt like stopping, did my heel flap over 36 sts using the modified Eye of Partridge heel from Hermione's Everyday Socks, did the rounder heel from Heels by the Number, and did a double gusset heel decrease, more stockinette until the toe decreases, and Kitchenered the end. Woohoo!
Thoughts: The only thing I would have maybe done differently was to make them a bit longer on the leg. They're not quite long enough...I thought they were and I was wrong. Oh well. It's not a big deal. They're just socks for me so it doesn't really matter and it's not like there was a pattern. Just something for me to keep in mind later.
|Waiting for Winter Mittens (link to Project Page)|
Pattern: Waiting for Winter Mittens & Fingerless Mitts by Susan B. Anderson
Time Frame: started August 8, 2014; finished August 12, 2014
Yarn: Cascade 220 Paints (leftover from my pair of mittens by the same name) in Spring Meadow (#9863) - less than a half skein
Needles: US #7 (4.5 mm) Signature DPNs
Modifications: I made the ribbed cuffs 1" shorter than the pattern calls for but that's the only modification I made.
Thoughts: The mittens used up almost the last of this skein of yarn. So, you can get a medium and small pair of these mittens out of a skein of Cascade 220. I was worried I was going to run out and that could prove problematic because (1) I received this yarn in a swap, (2) the yarn has been discontinued, and (3) I would have only been short a few yards. But, I had enough...barely. These mittens are really easy to make and they honestly don't take that much time. I still think I'll be making a few more pairs of these before the end of the year.
And, as further proof that these fit Little Man...
I'll link up with Tami this week if I can...and if not, I should be back on Sunday :)