This post is extremely late. I've had this project finished for over a month now and I'm just now getting around to the post about it...so, let's just get going :)
|Sacrificial Goat #3 (link to Project Page)|
Pattern: Goat by Sarah Gasson
Time Frame: started August 27, 2014; finished September 1, 2014
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton Ease in Snow (maybe it's Almond, I don't know) and Tahki Yarns Sky - no idea how much of each...I'll figure it out when I'm done with all of them.
Needles: US #5 (3.75 mm)
Size: One size...whatever size it came out
Modifications: Aside from using worsted yarn and larger needles, the only modifications I made were to do actual bind offs instead of threading through remaining loops.
Thoughts: This was the third one of these I've made...and I think I figured out how it needs to be done. I think. Basically, the designer knew what she was doing, even though I'd still rather knit the body/head in the round...but if I do that, I can't attach the horns and ears very well, nor can I do the face very well. Sooooo.......flat it is. I hate seaming so much, though. So so much. I have another two, maybe three or four of these to make so we'll see how things go :)
Like I said, this post was a long time coming. I had Stormageddon the day after I finished this project...and it's been go gogogogogogo every since.
Anyway, I hope you're all having a lovely FO Friday on this I LOVE YARN DAY!