Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Friday, October 10, 2014

FO Friday......Sacrificial Goat #3 Edition (extremely late)

Happy Friday :)

This post is extremely late. I've had this project finished for over a month now and I'm just now getting around to the post about it...so, let's just get going :)

Sacrificial Goat #3 (link to Project Page)

Pattern: Goat by Sarah Gasson

Time Frame: started August 27, 2014; finished September 1, 2014

Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton Ease in Snow (maybe it's Almond, I don't know) and Tahki Yarns Sky - no idea how much of each...I'll figure it out when I'm done with all of them.

Needles: US #5 (3.75 mm)

Size: One size...whatever size it came out

Modifications: Aside from using worsted yarn and larger needles, the only modifications I made were to do actual bind offs instead of threading through remaining loops.

Thoughts: This was the third one of these I've made...and I think I figured out how it needs to be done. I think. Basically, the designer knew what she was doing, even though I'd still rather knit the body/head in the round...but if I do that, I can't attach the horns and ears very well, nor can I do the face very well. Sooooo.......flat it is. I hate seaming so much, though. So so much. I have another two, maybe three or four of these to make so we'll see how things go :)


Like I said, this post was a long time coming. I had Stormageddon the day after I finished this project...and it's been go gogogogogogo every since.

Anyway, I hope you're all having a lovely FO Friday on this I LOVE YARN DAY!

3 comments:

  1. I love her patterns - they're sooo cute: I made a frog. By using smaller needles than specified, I got the smaller size I wanted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable. I have not knitted any animals yet - maybe I'll look this pattern up. Hope the new wee one is getting the hang of human sleep times. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do your husband and his team do to them? Would he share or is it too graphic?

    ReplyDelete