On this date, four years ago, I gained someone very special in my life.
|First Birthday (2011)|
|Second Birthday (2012)|
|Near his Third Birthday (2013)|
|Near his Fourth Birthday (2014)|
These four years have flown by and we've had our ups and downs and I wouldn't change it for the world. So, happy birthday to my Little Man :) He came in at 7 lbs, 3 oz., and 22" long. Right now, he's almost 40 lbs and almost 40" tall (I'll know for sure on Tuesday after his doctor appointment...vaccinations, ick!).
Sadly, also on this date, four years ago, I lost someone very special in my life.
|c. Easter, 1981|
|Near Syttende Mai, May, 1983|
|August 29, 2009|
|August 29, 2009|
|August 29, 2009|
|The (remaining) Johnston Family, August 29, 2009|
The same day Little Man came bounding into my life, my maternal grandmother was leaving.
Agnes Lucille (Johnston) Green was born September 19, 1926 in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, the oldest child of Martha Louise (Fagerlind) and James Edward Johnston. She graduated from Eau Claire High School (now Eau Claire North High School) in 1944. She married George Anton Green on December 21, 1946 in St. Paul, Minnesota. The couple were blessed with their only child, a daughter, Shirley Ann, on May 25, 1947. Upon moving to Stoughton, Wisconsin in 1951, Agnes was a member of the Jaycettes, the Lioness Club, and various other local organizations. She started learning how to rosemal (Norwegian rose painting) sometime in the early 1960s and by the 1980s, she was teaching continuing education classes in rosemalling through Madison Area Technical College. She also worked in the purchasing department of Uniroyal until her retirement in the early 1990s. She and George also owned and operated The Stationery House (she did the bookeeping/billing). In 1993, she and George were crowned King and Queen of Stoughton's Syttende Mai celebration. In 2001, tragedy struck when their daughter passed away suddenly, at the age of 53. By the time she passed away in 2010, she was suffering from dementia and had been in a nursing home for several years.
So today is both a sad and happy day for me.
And with that.......let's just get into today's update :)
Fnished Objects (FOs)
1. Windschief: started January 3, 2014; finished January 10, 2014
2. Welcome to the World Newborn Hat: started January 10, 2014; finished January 11, 2014
3. Five Hour Baby Sweater: started January 16, 2014; finished January 29, 2014
4. Baby Surprise Jacket: started May 27, 2013; finished February 2, 2014
5. Welcome to the World Newborn Hat: started February 4, 2014; finished February 4, 2014
6. Milo: started December 25, 2013; finished February 9, 2014
7. Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts: started November 23, 2013; finished February 19, 2014
8. Traveling Vines Socks: started May 31, 2013; finished March 3, 2014
9. Babbeh Hat: started March 3, 2014; finished March 6, 2014
10. Hurricane Hat: started April 22, 2014; finished May 15, 2014
11. Hoo Hat: started May 19, 2014; finished May 20, 2014
12. Hoo Hat: started May 20, 2014; finished May 21, 2014
13. Stormageddon's Stripey Hat: started May 22, 2014; finished May 23, 2014
14. Greyson: started May 29, 2014; finished June 17, 2014
15. Waiting for Winter Mittens: started July 20, 2014; finished July 25, 2014
16. Oreo Socks: started March 8, 2014; finished August 5, 2014
17. Waiting for Winter Mittens: started August 8, 2014; finished August 12, 2014
18. Sacrificial Goat: started July 27, 2014; finished August 16, 2014
19. Swirl Hat: started August 5, 2014; finished August 20, 2014
20. Sacrificial Goat #2: started August 16, 2014; finished August 24, 2014
21. Sacrificial Goat #3: started August 27, 2014; finished September 1, 2014
22. Baby Stormageddon: started after December 17, 2013; arrived 5:04pm on September 2, 2014
23. Waiting for Winter Mittens - Cameron: started October 9, 2014; finished October 24, 2014
I've not finished anything new. I did manage to take some new photos of my Traveling Vines Socks and I washed/blocked Cameron's mittens. I still need to do a proper FO Friday post...but I just cannot get the color right on the mittens in photos. So, until then...
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
3. Swatch for The Dude: started July 16, 2014
4. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014
5. Sacrificial Goat #4: started September 25, 2014 6. Graham for Cam: started October 27, 2014
I honestly spent very little time knitting this week. I'm maybe 3" away from the crown decreases on the hat for Cameron and that was the only project I may have worked on this week.
|Graham for Cam|
I'm a couple inches further than this photo (this was right before I switched to larger needles). But that's the gist of it...and the color is all wrong.
That's honestly all I worked on this past week. We were too busy cleaning for Little Man's birthday party (which was yesterday, by the way) and getting a bunch of other things done. But, it all worked out and I hope to get back to knitting again soon :)
And my "WTFOMGBBQ" lists...
4. Gramps Cardigan (need to purchase - $6)
5. Smaug Hat
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Hermione Hearts Ron
2. Godric's Hollow Hat
3. Jabberwonky (which might be in the SSCB below but I don't remember) *
4. Gallifrey Fingerless Mitts
5. Weeping Angel Socks *
7. Drip Drip Drop (which might be in the SSCB below but I don't remember) *
* I'll probably only pick one of these but, you know, choices and all...
Secret Sock Club Bags
(These bags are already set up with pattern and yarn - I just pick one at random and no, I don't remember what I put in there right now...I can go look later, if you're really interested. I really probably should...but, honestly, nah...)
1. Little Man's Baby Blanket
2. Susan's Hat (adult and child versions)
3. Assorted Dishcloths
4. Traveling Vines projects (adult socks, baby socks, scarf, hat, fingerless mitts, shawl, etc.)
5. Pinwheel Market Bag
6. Anything else that comes along at the right time
Soooooo.....that's all I have this week :) Hope all is well!