There are a lot of things happening around here today so let's get right to it!
Finished Objects (FOs):
1. Elefante: started December 19, 2014; finished December 28, 2014
2. Hat #1 - FoH: started December 31, 2014; finished January 1, 2015
3. Hat #2 - FoH: started January 1, 2015; finished January 4, 2015
4. Hat #3 - FoH: started January 7, 2015; finished January 10, 2015
5. Hat #4 - Stitch's Rock Hat: started January 16, 2015; finished January 24, 2015
6. Vanilla Fingerless Mitts: started January 23, 2015; finished February 3, 2015
7. Paradiddle Hat: started January 24, 2015; finished February 7, 2015
8. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 22, 2015; finished February 24, 2015
9. Sorin Fingerless Mitts: started March 8, 2015; finished March 31, 2015
10.Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 27, 2015; finished April 1, 2015
It's true! I finished up TWO projects this past week. Sadly, no photos yet...too many things going on. I should have some later this week and, hopefully, an FO Friday post to go along with them.
Admittedly, I was a little worried that the Fingerless Mitts were going to be too small but a good soak and some hanging out on a towel seemed to help. They're still a teensy bit tight but they're not for me so I'm okay with it.
The hat, too, I was also worried about being small...until I remembered that I was knitting with merino and merino has a tendency to grow. So, the hat fits me, as it was intended to do.
Works-In-Progress (WIPs): - carried over from 2014...and maybe earlier...
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
3. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014
4. Traveling Socks: started December 23, 2014
5. Wink: started January 5, 2015
6. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) Pattern Test (I need testers; if you're interested in testing, go here): started sometime in February
7. Sooooooooper Secret Pattern Writing (project #2): started sometime in February
Aside from finishing up the two projects, I spent a little time with the Traveling Socks this week. I've finished up the first sock (or am about to - depends on when you're reading this). I've had to remove it from my Handbag of Holding because of the toe decreases and Kitchener stitch but it should be making its way back in soon enough.
I've also been working on the two patterns. The one is ready for testers...but I only have one. ::sigh:: The other one is still being written. I'm in the midst of needing to do some math and explain a different technique but the rest of the pattern but the rest is smooth sailing. I hope to have it done by the middle of this coming week but we'll see if I have time and all that.
And then there are my "What are you thinking, crazy lady?!" lists...
1. George's Vest (for Stormageddon - sock/fingering; solid or semi-solid)
2. Nottingham (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
3. Nottingham (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
4. Alvin (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
5. Alvin (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
6. Harry Potter Blanket (for The Family - worsted; solid) - from various Harry Potter inspired square blocks
7. Albert the Absent-Minded (for Stormageddon - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid) *need pattern*
8. Mirkwood (for Stormageddon - bulky; solid or semi-solid)
9. Smaug (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
10. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (for Little Man - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid) *need pattern*
11. Moe the Mustache Monster (for...someone - worsted; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Vanilla Socks (using one of my Harry Potter yarns)
2. Drip Drip Drop Socks (using either a solid or semi-solid sock yarn that I haven't decided on yet)
3. Hermione Hearts Ron (sport; solid or semi-solid)
4. Ginny's Cardigan (DK; solid or semi-solid)
1. Scotch and Soda Scarf (using Briar Rose Fibers Wistful - leftover from my Icarus Shawl)
2. CashSilk Fern Scarf (using a skein of Online Supersocke 100)
3. Jabberwonky (using KP Felici in Abracadabra)
4. If You Know Where To Go (in KP Felici in Green Veggies)
5. Gardener's Socks (using Malabrigo Sock)
6. Paradiddle Socks - my own design (using Malabrigo Sock)
Because I love Husband
1. The Dude
New Techniques (one of the following stranded/multi-yarn kits)
1. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie
I have absolutely no idea what's going to end up here, if anything. I suspect something will end up here and I might pull it from other lists but we shall see. Maybe I won't do any Christmas knitting. Maybe all I'll wind up doing is Christmas knitting. I suppose this is a wait-and-see section :)
1. Susan's Hat
2. Traveling Vines Socks
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket
4. Paradiddle Socks (see Secret
5. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) (see FOs #4 & #8 above)
6. Paradiddle Collection of Hats
If you haven't stopped by in awhile, my new laptop arrived this past week and is in working order. So, you know, woo-hoo!
Little Man is a typical four year old. He's grounded from the iPads and the Nintendo DS, though. He was turning into a bit of a zombie. So, we took them away and hid them. So far, it's going pretty well. His behavior has gotten quite a bit better. Unfortunately, he thinks that now he should be able to play games on the WiiU instead. ::sigh:: If it's not one thing, it's another.
Stormageddon turned 7 months old this past week. He's not sitting on his own but he does quite well if I hold onto his hand. So, he's close. He's also trying to crawl as often as possible, even though it just means he's dragging himself around the hardwood on his belly.
Typical things, I suppose.
Let's see.......what else............meh, pictures next week (I hope). Probably an FO Friday post this week.
I hope you're all having a lovely Sunday!