Anyway, getting on with things...
Finished Objects (FOs):
1. Elefante: started December 19, 2014; finished December 28, 2014
2. Hat #1 - FoH: started December 31, 2014; finished January 1, 2015
3. Hat #2 - FoH: started January 1, 2015; finished January 4, 2015
4. Hat #3 - FoH: started January 7, 2015; finished January 10, 2015
5. Hat #4 - Stitch's Rock Hat: started January 16, 2015; finished January 24, 2015
6. Vanilla Fingerless Mitts: started January 23, 2015; finished February 3, 2015
7. Paradiddle Hat: started January 24, 2015; finished February 7, 2015
8. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 22, 2015; finished February 24, 2015
9. Sorin Fingerless Mitts: started March 8, 2015; finished March 31, 2015
10.Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 27, 2015; finished April 1, 2015
11. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) Pattern Test: started sometime in February, 2015; finished April 18, 2015
12. Sooooooooper Secret Pattern Writing (project #2): started sometime in February; finished April 15, 2015 -- full disclosure in October 2015
I've not finished anything new but.....
Works-In-Progress (WIPs): - carried over from 2014...and maybe earlier...*shifty eyes*
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
3. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014
4. Traveling Socks: started December 23, 2014
5. Wink: started January 5, 2015
6. Fire & Ice (Fire) Socks: started April 15, 2015
7. Sacrificial Goat #5: started May 29, 2015
......I started a new project. Husband has been hinting a bit more heavily that he'd like his goat now plsekthxbi. With his department down to 4 people (from 6 - though it could really do with 7 or 8), things are all cattywampus and he's needing his goat. So, I finally started it for him. I'm using the same types of yarn but I'm using US #6 needles instead...mostly because I can't find the #5's right now. Oops. It'll be fine.
I also spent some time working on Snape's Stockings this week. I did a whole 12 rounds (which is half of a pattern repeat). I'm about 1" from where I need to start the toes so if I sit and work on them, I'm sure I could bang out the first one....but we'll see how that actually goes.
I even pulled out the Traveling Socks and worked a couple rounds on those, too. But it's stockinette and rather boring so it doesn't look like I made much progress at this point.
In my "OMGLSGWTFBBQ, crazy lady?!" lists...
1. George's Vest (for Stormageddon - sock/fingering; solid or semi-solid)
2. Nottingham (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
3. Nottingham (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
4. Alvin (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
5. Alvin (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
6. Harry Potter Blanket (for The Family - worsted; solid) - from various Harry Potter inspired square blocks
7. Albert the Absent-Minded (for Stormageddon - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid) *need pattern*
8. Mirkwood (for Stormageddon - bulky; solid or semi-solid)
9. Smaug (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
10. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (for Little Man - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid) *need pattern*
11. Moe the Mustache Monster (for...someone - worsted; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Vanilla Socks (using one of my Harry Potter yarns)
2. Drip Drip Drop Socks (using either a solid or semi-solid sock yarn that I haven't decided on yet)
3. Hermione Hearts Ron (sport; solid or semi-solid)
4. Ginny's Cardigan (DK; solid or semi-solid)
1. Scotch and Soda Scarf (using Briar Rose Fibers Wistful - leftover from my Icarus Shawl)
2. CashSilk Fern Scarf (using a skein of Online Supersocke 100)
3. Jabberwonky (using KP Felici in Abracadabra)
4. If You Know Where To Go (in KP Felici in Green Veggies)
5. Gardener's Socks (using Malabrigo Sock)
6. Paradiddle Socks - my own design (using Malabrigo Sock)
Because I love Husband
1. The Dude
New Techniques (one of the following stranded/multi-yarn kits)
1. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie
I have absolutely no idea what's going to end up here, if anything. I suspect something will end up here and I might pull it from other lists but we shall see. Maybe I won't do any Christmas knitting. Maybe all I'll wind up doing is Christmas knitting. I suppose this is a wait-and-see section :)
1. Susan's Hat
2. Traveling Vines Socks
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket
4. Paradiddle Socks (see Secret
5. Paradiddle Collection of Hats
Even though I've started a new project recently, the Startitis bug is hitting me hard....but I've not acted, yet. I think if I get a project half-finished (a sock) or finished (the goat), I may not be able to resist much longer. No idea what I'll pick up, though.
Elefante (#1 on the FO list) will probably get sent out either this week or early next week as Sassy Girl's birthday is on the 19th of June. I'll probably get some other items for her, as well, which means shopping and all that....but the box needs to go soon so it gets there on time :)
In other random events........I think we're mostly done with the plague, which is lovely. We had our Memorial Weekend BBQ last Sunday and we had a good turnout. The bounce house was, as always, a big hit with the kids. I went in for a little while and it was hard work. Seriously. I know I'm out of shape but I couldn't even actually jump off the "ground" in there. The kids had fun, though, and that's important.
We're still dealing with leftover food, mostly of the smoked meat variety...but it's smoked meat so it should be fine for awhile yet. It just takes up a lot of room in the fridge.
Stormageddon has resigned himself to the idea that he can actually sit and not have to be constantly on the move. He's had the physical capability for awhile but he finally started actually doing it this past week. Don't let this fool you, though...he's still plenty mobile. He'd rather crawl about than sit but he's okay if he's sitting, too.
Then this happened. He decided to start pulling up on things almost immediately after he figured out he could sit for more than five seconds. Right after this photo was taken, he fell face-forward into his jumper. He was fine...I don't expect this is the last time he'll do that.
Little Man also wants in on the action, though. After I was done feeding Stormageddon the other day, the boys had a rather impromptu drumming session at the high chair. Stormageddon thinks drumming is hilarious and was giggling throughout the pounding on his high chair. Hey, if it entertains them for five minutes, it's a win for me :)
Anyway, I hope you're all having a lovely Sunday and weekend and so on and so forth :)