Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Saturday, August 1, 2015

August Goals!

Happy Saturday!

I feel like I'm just posting a lot this week :) To be honest, that's probably true.......which isn't necessarily a bad thing :)

As today is August 1st, it's time to take a look at my July Goals and make up some new goals for August.

Let's take a look at my July Goals first...

FIBERY GOALS
1. Work on the following: Traveling SocksSnape's StockingsWinkDragon's Egg SocksPacific Shawl, and Fire & Ice (Fire) Socks.

I think I've at least touched all these projects. My Traveling Socks have been finished, I'm in the middle of the first pattern repeat on the second sock of Snape's Stockings, Wink has maybe seen a row or two, my Dragon's Egg Socks are in the beginnings of the first chart, and I'm working on the gusset decreases on my Fire Socks. My Pacific Shawl, sadly, was frogged and restarted so I'm only a few rows in right now. Woo.

2. Spin some more green merino on Viktor. Maybe even finish up the ball of fiber.

I participated in Tour de Fleece and you can see all my spinning FOs in yesterday's post :) Needless to say, I spun the ball of green merino, plied it, and plied a bunch of other stuff, too. It was a pretty successful month for spinning.

3. Try to partake in a fibery endeavor every day.

Still trying, not succeeding. 

4. Continue my Yarn Diet (club yarns, of course, do not count).

Woo! I rock.

5. Anything else that tickles my fibery fancy (starting a new project, destashing, book destashing, organizing, etc.).

My destash is forever going on, I've finished a project, I've started a project....




NON-FIBERY GOALS
1. General house unf**king (including Stormageddon's, Little Man's, and our bedrooms).

I'm not doing very well here. I've done some things here and there but, generally speaking, not much has happened.

2. Drink more water.

Trying, not succeeding.

3. Try to go to the gym at least 2x/week or some other "non-usual" method of exercise.

I've managed at least once a week going to the gym and I can usually get a day or two where I get a walk in with the boys. Nothing spectacular but it helps.

4. Family history/genealogy stuff: photo albums, family stories, etc.

Yeah, I've kind of neglected this one. Oops.

5. Keep working on the weight loss shit (thank you, Lose It app for doing the math and shit for me).

It's going slowly but it's going...

6. Keep up on the pseudo bullet journal thingie I'm doing.

Keeping on keeping on :)



Overall, July wasn't too bad, at least on the fibery front.....but that may be because of all the handspun that happened.

........and on to AUGUST GOALS!


FIBERY GOALS
1. Work on the following (and maybe finish one or two of): Snape's StockingsWinkDragon's Egg SocksPacific Shawl, Fire & Ice (Fire) Socks, Petty Harbour Socks, and Little Man's Hat.
2. Card some puni rolags from the purple merino/silk blend and maybe start spinning it.
3. Try to partake in a fibery endeavor every day.
4. Continue my Yarn Diet (club yarns, of course, do not count).
5. Anything else that tickles my fibery fancy (starting a new project, destashing, book destashing, organizing, etc.).

NON-FIBERY GOALS
1. Go through clothes in Stormageddon's and Little Man's rooms.
2. Go through Little Man's toys.
3. Drink more water.
4. Try to go to the gym at least 2x/week or some other "non-usual" method of exercise.
5. Family history/genealogy stuff: photo albums, family stories, etc.
6. Keep working on the weight loss shit (thank you, Lose It app for doing the math and shit for me).
7. Keep up on the pseudo bullet journal thingie I'm doing.
8. Read The Hobbit
9. Read How to Raise an Amazing Child the Montessori Way


A few minor changes for this month, a few more specific goals and adding some reading challenges and so on and so forth.

I hope you're having a happy Saturday :) I'll be back tomorrow (I hope) with my Year of Projects update.

No comments:

Post a Comment