Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

WIP Wednesday: Apparently I Like Socks....

Happy Wednesday!

It's been quite awhile since I've participated in a WIP Wednesday but I took a few quick snapshots and I'm just going with it (by the way, it's almost impossible to take quick WIP photos with an almost-toddler running about the house).

Dragon's Egg Socks (link to Project Page)
Well.....the first sock is finished and I've started the second one (not photographed but I'm working the first chart). This is my longest-running WIP at this point. I started it almost two years ago. I really should finish these up soon, shouldn't I?

I'm using Knit Picks Stroll (Heathers) in Aurora Heathers. It's not quite this bright but bad lighting + small child = not so grand photograph. Oops. I'm also working these on two US #1 (2.25 mm) circulars. I did start the first sock on DPNs but it was kind of a PITA so I switched. I think if I hadn't been dealing with cables and such, DPNs would have been fine.

Snape's Stockings (link to Project Page)
And another first sock. This is the first of Snape's Stockings. I have the second one started of these, too...I'm into the first pattern repeat but there's not much to see there.

The yarn is Happy Fuzzy Merino Tencel Fingering in Steel & Pearls and I'm using US #1 (2.25 mm) circulars. I could probably do these on DPNs but, frankly, I don't want to :)

Fire Socks (link to Project Page)

Okay, so there's really not much to see here but these are my Fire Socks, which are still in the prototype/design process (woo)....so hiding under that big ball of Wollmeise is the first sock. I've finished the heel flap and turn and I'm working on the decreases and so on and so forth. I'm working these on two US #1 (2.25 mm) circulars. You can also see some of my notes in the notebook...and Little Man's foot. Exciting things :)

Petty Harbour Socks (link to Project Page)

These are my latest WIP. I'm working with Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock (Heavyweight) in Lucy in the Sky, which is a DK weight yarn....on US #1.5 (2.5 mm) circulars. It's difficult to tell by this photo but I'm past the heel flap and turn, I've finished the gusset decreases, and I'm almost to the point in which I work the toe decreases. Because of the heavier yarn and the fact that I'm making shorty house socks, these are going much quicker than I anticipated, which is garnering no complaints from me.



Now, this isn't to say that I don't have any other non-sock WIPs...but these are the ones I've been working the most with lately. So, you know, show off the socks and all.



As for reading, which is far too rare for my liking (I used to read everything all the time)....I read this book yesterday. Yes, the entire 189 page book...during Stormageddon's nap.



Little Man starts at the Montessori School next Wednesday. It's a charter school but he's going to be in the preschool program, which is not part of the charter and, therefore, something we have to pay for...but it ups his chances of getting into the Montessori School for kindergarten. The other bonus is that it's just a couple blocks from the house so unless it's pouring down rain, we can walk to and from school every day.

The book is kind of a combination of college textbook and "how to Montessori" combined in one. To be fair, the text is large and there are no pages that are filled entirely with text (in fact, I'd say that at least half of every page is devoted to pictures and/or snapshots or quick lists). It really was a quick ready, to be honest.

I'm not here to give a book review. I read the book because the school recommends parents read it as an introduction to Montessori schooling. I did discover that there are some things I'm already doing the "Montessori Way," which I shouldn't find surprising but for some reason I did. Meh. Whatever.




I hope you're all having a lovely Wednesday :) I anticipate a post on Friday for my Traveling Socks, just an FYI. I suppose I'll be linking up with Ginny when I get around to it.

1 comment:

  1. That is a great dragon green. You've reminded me of how I love that Harry Potter special edition of patterns. I like that happy orange.

    ReplyDelete