Finished Objects (FOs):
1. Elefante: started December 19, 2014; finished December 28, 2014
2. Hat #1 - FoH: started December 31, 2014; finished January 1, 2015
3. Hat #2 - FoH: started January 1, 2015; finished January 4, 2015
4. Hat #3 - FoH: started January 7, 2015; finished January 10, 2015
5. Hat #4 - Stitch's Rock Hat: started January 16, 2015; finished January 24, 2015
6. Vanilla Fingerless Mitts: started January 23, 2015; finished February 3, 2015
7. Paradiddle Hat: started January 24, 2015; finished February 7, 2015
8. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 22, 2015; finished February 24, 2015
9. Sorin Fingerless Mitts: started March 8, 2015; finished March 31, 2015
10.Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 27, 2015; finished April 1, 2015
11. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) Pattern Test: started sometime in February, 2015; finished April 18, 2015
12. Sooooooooper Secret Pattern Writing (project #2): started sometime in February; finished April 15, 2015 -- full disclosure in October 2015
13. Sacrificial Goat #5: started May 29, 2015; finished June 4, 2015
14. Baby Hat: started June 4, 2015; finished June 6, 2015
15. Elvish Leaves Dishcloth: started June 10, 2015; finished June 12, 2015
16. Baby Hat: started June 19, 2015; finished June 27, 2015
17. Homework for Alana Dakos Class: started July 1, 2015; finished July 5, 2015
18. Traveling Socks: started December 23, 2014; finished July 28, 2015
I've finished my Traveling Socks this past week. I wasn't expecting that I was going to finish them but a couple hours of uninterrupted knitting and, what do you know?! They were finished. They've even been washed and had ends woven in......FO Friday is forthcoming, probably this week but we'll see how things go.
I also had an FO Friday post for my Tour de Fleece finishes (you can see it here).
Works-In-Progress (WIPs): - carried over from 2014...and maybe earlier...*shifty eyes*
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
3. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014
4. Wink: started January 5, 2015
5. Fire & Ice (Fire) Socks: started April 15, 2015
6. Little Man's Hat: started July 8, 2015
7. Petty Harbour Socks: started July 29, 2015
After finishing my Traveling Socks, I had this absolutely crazy urge to start something new and I had yarn wound in my yarn closet that was just staring at me every time I opened up the door (yes, I have a yarn closet...don't judge!). For some reason, I thought it would be a good idea to knit socks with DK weight yarn on US #1.5 needles. Why yes, I've lost my sanity, why do you ask? They're going to be squishy house socks and they're going to have short little legs so, honestly, they're not taking up too much time. I'm already working on the foot toward the toe on the first sock! How is that even possible?!
So, most of my work this past week has been spent on my Petty Harbour Socks, not that I've had much knitting time to begin with but that's not unusual.
In my "OMGLSGWTFBBQ, crazy lady?!" lists...
1. George's Vest (for Stormageddon - sock/fingering; solid or semi-solid)
2. Nottingham (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
3. Nottingham (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
4. Harry Potter Blanket (for The Family - worsted; solid) - from various Harry Potter inspired square blocks
5. Albert the Absent-Minded (for Stormageddon - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid) *need pattern*
6. Mirkwood (for Stormageddon - bulky; solid or semi-solid)
7. Smaug (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
8. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (for Little Man - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid) *need pattern*
9. Moe the Mustache Monster (for Stormageddon - worsted; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)
10. Another Goat (for Little Man - worsted in white/cream, and brown)
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Vanilla Socks (using one of my Harry Potter yarns)
2. Drip Drip Drop Socks (using either a solid or semi-solid sock yarn that I haven't decided on yet)
3. Hermione Hearts Ron (sport; solid or semi-solid)
4. Ginny's Cardigan (DK; solid or semi-solid)
1. Scotch and Soda Scarf (using Briar Rose Fibers Wistful - leftover from my Icarus Shawl)
2. CashSilk Fern Scarf (using a skein of Online Supersocke 100)
3. Jabberwonky (using KP Felici in Abracadabra)
4. If You Know Where To Go (in KP Felici in Green Veggies)
5. Gardener's Socks (using Malabrigo Sock)
6. Paradiddle Socks - my own design (using Malabrigo Sock)
New Techniques (one of the following stranded/multi-yarn kits)
1. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie
I have absolutely no idea what's going to end up here, if anything. I suspect something will end up here and I might pull it from other lists but we shall see. Maybe I won't do any Christmas knitting. Maybe all I'll wind up doing is Christmas knitting. I suppose this is a wait-and-see section :)
1. Susan's Hat
2. Traveling Vines Socks
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket
4. Paradiddle Socks (see Secret
5. Paradiddle Collection of Hats
I honestly don't know what else I'm going to get around to from these lists but, at least I have some direction (?)...
In the reality that is our life, it's been hot here. I mean, it's not hot by standards in India or Iran but for our Wisconsin blood, it's too hot here to not have air conditioning. Luckily, we have some relief in the form of a room AC in back and a HUGE server room grade AC in front. Those keep the house mostly tolerable. We haven't gone very far as a result...who wants to go out in this ick?
I took Little Man to swimming this week (sans Stormageddon) and he still loves it. They're working on floating on their backs, faces, and kicking while they're on their front. Oh, and going down the slide, of course. Who doesn't like a little fun at swimming lessons?
Stormageddon is getting better at standing without holding onto things and has been taking one or two small, tentative steps before falling either onto his butt or catching himself on his hands. He's also discovered his love for actual bananas...and it's not like he sits there and squishes the pieces in his hands. No, he actually takes three or four pieces and tries to shove them all in his mouth at once. ::sigh:: Silly child. I swear he's going to choke that way....but so far, so good.
What else, what else, what else...........no, that's really about it around here this week.
I've only got a couple photos from this week......
|What? This is mine, isn't it? I can see it...|
|Spiky hair, don't care!|
|Ima get you, Mama!|
Anyway, I hope you're all having a lovely week!