Finished Objects (FOs):
1. Elefante: started December 19, 2014; finished December 28, 2014
2. Hat #1 - FoH: started December 31, 2014; finished January 1, 2015
3. Hat #2 - FoH: started January 1, 2015; finished January 4, 2015
4. Hat #3 - FoH: started January 7, 2015; finished January 10, 2015
5. Hat #4 - Stitch's Rock Hat: started January 16, 2015; finished January 24, 2015
6. Vanilla Fingerless Mitts: started January 23, 2015; finished February 3, 2015
7. Paradiddle Hat: started January 24, 2015; finished February 7, 2015
8. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 22, 2015; finished February 24, 2015
9. Sorin Fingerless Mitts: started March 8, 2015; finished March 31, 2015
10.Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 27, 2015; finished April 1, 2015
11. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) Pattern Test: started sometime in February, 2015; finished April 18, 2015
12. Sooooooooper Secret Pattern Writing (project #2): started sometime in February; finished April 15, 2015 -- full disclosure in October 2015
13. Sacrificial Goat #5: started May 29, 2015; finished June 4, 2015
14. Baby Hat: started June 4, 2015; finished June 6, 2015
15. Elvish Leaves Dishcloth: started June 10, 2015; finished June 12, 2015
16. Baby Hat: started June 19, 2015; finished June 27, 2015
17. Homework for Alana Dakos Class: started July 1, 2015; finished July 5, 2015
18. Traveling Socks: started December 23, 2014; finished July 28, 2015
I've not finished anything new this past week, but given what all I've got going on, that's not surprising :) I did, however, get an FO Friday post in this past week.
Works-In-Progress (WIPs): - carried over from 2014...and maybe earlier...*shifty eyes*
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
3. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014
4. Wink: started January 5, 2015
5. Fire & Ice (Fire) Socks: started April 15, 2015
6. Little Man's Hat: started July 8, 2015
7. Petty Harbour Socks: started July 29, 2015
In WIP progress, I've spent 99% of my fibery endeavors this past week working on my Petty Harbour Socks. I finished the first one Thursday night and started the second one yesterday morning while Little Man was playing soccer.
That remaining 1%? Margin of error :)
I also had a WIP Wednesday post this week (all about the socks), if you're interested.
In my "OMGLSGWTFBBQ, crazy lady?!" lists...
1. George's Vest (for Stormageddon - sock/fingering; solid or semi-solid)
2. Nottingham (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
3. Nottingham (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
4. Harry Potter Blanket (for The Family - worsted; solid) - from various Harry Potter inspired square blocks
5. Albert the Absent-Minded (for Stormageddon - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid) *need pattern*
6. Mirkwood (for Stormageddon - bulky; solid or semi-solid)
7. Smaug (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
8. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (for Little Man - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid) *need pattern*
9. Moe the Mustache Monster (for Stormageddon - worsted; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)
10. Another Goat (for Little Man - worsted in white/cream, and brown)
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Vanilla Socks (using one of my Harry Potter yarns)
2. Drip Drip Drop Socks (using either a solid or semi-solid sock yarn that I haven't decided on yet)
3. Hermione Hearts Ron (sport; solid or semi-solid)
4. Ginny's Cardigan (DK; solid or semi-solid)
1. Scotch and Soda Scarf (using Briar Rose Fibers Wistful - leftover from my Icarus Shawl)
2. CashSilk Fern Scarf (using a skein of Online Supersocke 100)
3. Jabberwonky (using KP Felici in Abracadabra)
4. If You Know Where To Go (in KP Felici in Green Veggies)
5. Gardener's Socks (using Malabrigo Sock)
6. Paradiddle Socks - my own design (using Malabrigo Sock)
New Techniques (one of the following stranded/multi-yarn kits)
1. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie
I have absolutely no idea what's going to end up here, if anything. I suspect something will end up here and I might pull it from other lists but we shall see. Maybe I won't do any Christmas knitting. Maybe all I'll wind up doing is Christmas knitting. I suppose this is a wait-and-see section :)
1. Susan's Hat
2. Traveling Vines Socks
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket
4. Paradiddle Socks (see Secret
5. Paradiddle Collection of Hats
Let's not talk about these right now....
In "real life," I'm dealing with some garbage that happened. See, we went to the City last weekend, parked the car (a block from one of the SFPD locations), did our stuff, and came back to find a note on the car with a phone number that said, "call me." Against our instinct, we kept the phone number. We thought it was just a case of mistaken identity until we washed the car the next day and discovered a scrape and dented door. Husband called the number and she asked how we knew it was her (um, you left a note on our car with your phone number); then she asked what color my car was, immediately followed up with, "where were you parked?" I think Husband summed it up best, "how many cars did you hit yesterday!?" He got the information needed, called her insurance company, they sent an adjustor out (who decided we had $2500 worth of damage to the car)......and now I'm waiting on a second estimate. I have a pissy German car (Volkswagon)...I can't imagine a partial door replacement and wheel bumper, some paint, and such, is only $2500. We shall see.
So, the car......::sigh:: Not happy. At least we weren't in it and the person left a note (even if she was a bit of a moron).
What else....oh, Little Man's progress report for swimming lessons was this week. She's pleased with his progress after six weeks. A lot of kids plateau and he's just getting better and better. He may still plateau but for now, he's just making steady progress. Also, he's not as much of a pain in the ass as he was the first couple weeks. He's starting to listen better and follow directions more, which will be helpful as he starts school this week (GAH!) .
Stormageddon is taking tentative steps here and there. I think the most I've seen him do at a time without holding on is three steps. He also figured out how to get into a standing position if he's in the middle of a room. He's only done it once (that I've seen) but he's proven he can do it.
I think he's going through a growth spurt and teething, too...he's been eating like a little piggy, sleeping a lot, and chewing on everything he can get into his mouth.
Anyway, let's have some photos....those are always grand :)
|Daddy's shoes and the Master Sword!|
|Pac-Man and his ghosties (and no, he doesn't know how to look at the camera)|
|I found a Gizmo Funko Pop! I'm excited!|
|Hanging by the beer kegorator.|
|Saturday morning selfies!|
I hope you're all having a lovely weekend!