Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Friday, September 18, 2015

FO Friday: The Wait......it's over!

Happy Friday!

If you keep up with me and my Self-Imposed Year of Projects, you'll notice that in my FO list, I have kind of an oddity listed. Okay, there are a couple of oddities, really, but I'm thinking of one in particular.

#12 on my FO list for this year reads: Sooooooooper Secret Pattern Writing (project #2): started sometime in February; finished April 15, 2015 -- full disclosure in October 2015

So, it's not quite October but I can finally reveal what's going on here.

Quite awhile ago, I made a pair of socks. You might remember them.


I started them on May 31, 2013 and finished them on March 3, 2014. They took awhile because I was taking copious notes (so I could not only match the second one to the first one but also because I was going to write the pattern eventually).

Fast forward to late December 2014/early January 2015 and I caught one of the calls for submissions in the Designers group on Ravelry for an online publication, ilikeknitting.com. It would be for their October 2015 publication. I looked at the mood board, did some thinking, and decided that my socks would be a good fit.

So, I spent some time getting my submission together, asking a couple questions, and taking a long hard look at my design(s).......and submitted it.




Honestly, I was prepared to get the, "thanks but no" email.....and then nothing came....and nothing came....and more nothing came......the expected date of "yes/no" came and went......nothing. And then I got the email that said, "we'd love to include it!"

I cannot tell you the face I made but I expect it was something like this:

Photo courtesy of this Tumblr

And then I think I may have done a giddy dance, possibly while holding Stormageddon......



I started the actual pattern writing portion in February, along with another pattern (which is currently for sale on Ravelry for only $1.50), finished it up mid-April, sent it and my precious socks off to Northbrook, IL (60062 - total bonus points if you can name the movie I think of every time I write that zip code).

And the pattern is now live.

It can be found on their website and it's in Ravelry's database.

For right now, you can only get it via their website but in a few months (it's either 6 months or a year - I can't remember off the top of my head), I can get it all prettified and sell it myself via Ravelry.

Woo hoo. Go me.




And that's all I have for you today :) Hope you're having a lovely Friday!


3 comments:

  1. Go you indeed! They're really pretty, well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh! That's fantastic! Congratulations. I really the stitch detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, that is SO exciting, congrats on the pattern publication!!! Those are some seriously awesome socks.

    ReplyDelete