Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Tuesday Confessions

Happy Tuesday!

I'm taking a moment to write while Stormageddon naps and Little Man is occupied on his iPad (well, Husband's iPad, really).......I feel like I have confessions that we should discuss.

Some of you may remember this past Sunday..........I mentioned that at least one of my projects had been on the needles for over two years (my Dragon's Egg Socks, for those of you keeping track at home). I also lamented that this was unacceptable and I vowed to change it.

So, the other night, I pulled out my Dragon's Egg Socks and worked a whole four rounds.....and called it quits.

On Sunday afternoon, I pulled out my Fire Socks and worked a whole five rounds.....and called it quits (actually, I wound up taking a 2.5 hour nap because I was exhausted!).

In the grand scheme of things, progress is progress and even though that's a total of nine rounds on two different socks, it's still nine rounds of forward progress (let's not talk about negative progress - I'm still not over the Petty Harbour negative progress/time out ordeal, even though those socks are finished, washed, blocked/dried, and hanging out).




That brings us to today, which is Tuesday. I have to keep reminding myself that it's Tuesday and not Monday because Monday was a holiday and Monday screwed up my week a lot. It's Tuesday. Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday. Today, while Stormageddon naps and Little Man is otherwise occupied, I took some time for knitting (after Ravelry, of course). But instead of working on those languishing WIPs, I went and started a new project.






I am so ashamed of myself. Maybe WIPs will come later. Or not. Or both will happen. Or not. Or yes. Or........I am so ashamed of myself.

3 comments:

  1. Your sock WIP's have lots of texture and no doubt lots of instructions to follow so I can understand how you were only able to last so many rounds on each project. I skipped a day of knitting two days ago and only finished the heel flap yesterday. And yeah, I get screwed up on short weeks. I don't have our whiteboard calendar up yet since I haven't painted the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think most knitters have a project (or several) that have been on the needles for a really long time- I have a cardigan I've had 'in progress' for over 2 years, too! It's knit in 7 pieces, so the whole thing is a bit annoying. I feel like there is usually a reason I stop knitting a project. Do you still feel like finishing the socks, or would you prefer to use the yarn for something else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the socks and I'm curious how the yarn will behave (as far as washing).....but it's a dark green yarn, lots of charts and.........yeah.

      Delete