Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Y4: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Update #44

Happy Sunday :)

I'm totally late to the party but with yesterday being Halloween and one of my besties from college is staying with us for a week and a hoard of other things going on, I just didn't get around to getting my post written. So, I'm going to write it this morning, I hope, and get it posted :)

Finished Objects (FOs):  
1. Elefante: started December 19, 2014; finished December 28, 2014  
2. Hat #1 - FoH: started December 31, 2014; finished January 1, 2015
3. Hat #2 - FoH: started January 1, 2015; finished January 4, 2015
4. Hat #3 - FoH: started January 7, 2015; finished January 10, 2015
5. Hat #4 - Stitch's Rock Hat: started January 16, 2015; finished January 24, 2015
6. Vanilla Fingerless Mitts: started January 23, 2015; finished February 3, 2015
7. Paradiddle Hat: started January 24, 2015; finished February 7, 2015
8. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 22, 2015; finished February 24, 2015

9. Sorin Fingerless Mitts: started March 8, 2015; finished March 31, 2015
10.Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 27, 2015; finished April 1, 2015
11. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) Pattern Test: started sometime in February, 2015; finished April 18, 2015 (pattern is live and can be purchased via Ravelry)
12. Traveling Vines Socks (pattern for publication): started sometime in February; finished April 15, 2015 -- full disclosure Friday, October 18, 2015
13. Sacrificial Goat #5: started May 29, 2015; finished June 4, 2015
14. Baby Hat: started June 4, 2015; finished June 6, 2015
15. Elvish Leaves Dishcloth: started June 10, 2015; finished June 12, 2015
16. Baby Hat: started June 19, 2015; finished June 27, 2015
17. Homework for Alana Dakos Class: started July 1, 2015; finished July 5, 2015 and it's all finished
18. Traveling Socks: started December 23, 2014; finished July 28, 2015
19. Sacrificial Goat #6: started August 23, 2015; finished September 1, 2015
20. Petty Harbour Socks: started July 29, 2015; finished September 5, 2015
21. Curlew: started September 10, 2015; finished September 26, 2015

Nope. Nothing new. Stitch markers, yes....but I'm keeping those under wraps because they're for Christmas gifts. But know that I've made even more. And sets this time :)


Works-In-Progress (WIPs): - carried over from 2014...and maybe earlier...*shifty eyes*
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
3. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014
4. Wink: started January 5, 2015
5. Fire & Ice (Fire) Socks: started April 15, 2015
6. Little Man's Hat: started July 8, 2015
7. Bunny: started September 8, 2015

I've spent more time on my Pacific Shawl this week. I'm at the second border pattern repeat and now I've started the (very normal) internal panic that I'm going to run out of yarn. I think I'm going to put a lifeline in, knit the pattern repeat, put another lifeline in, and keep on keeping on. In the meantime, I'll check if someone has any they're willing to part with....

I also worked a couple rounds on my Fire Socks and I even pulled Little Man's hat out from pseudo-hibernation and worked on that. Nothing fancy, no photos, blah blah blah, yakity yak.

Oh, also......I had a total epiphany for my design for my Ice Socks. I used Google to my advantage and looked up charts and lo, someone had charts (or, rather, many had charts).....so now I just need to look at them a bit further and call it good :) WOO!


In my "OMGLSGWTFBBQ, crazy lady?!" lists...

Children's Items
1. George's Vest (for Stormageddon - sock/fingering; solid or semi-solid)
2. Nottingham (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
3. Nottingham (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
4. Harry Potter Blanket (for The Family - worsted; solid) - from various Harry Potter inspired square blocks
5. Albert the Absent-Minded (for Stormageddon - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)  *need pattern*
6. Mirkwood (for Stormageddon - bulky; solid or semi-solid)
7. Smaug (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
8. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (for Little Man - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)  *need pattern*
9. Moe the Mustache Monster (for Stormageddon - worsted; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)
10. Another Goat (for Little Man - worsted in white/cream, and brown)

Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Vanilla Socks (using one of my Harry Potter yarns)
2. Drip Drip Drop Socks (using either a solid or semi-solid sock yarn that I haven't decided on yet)
3. Hermione Hearts Ron (sport; solid or semi-solid)
4. Ginny's Cardigan (DK; solid or semi-solid)

Secret Sock Club Bags (Pick a bag at "random")
1. Scotch and Soda Scarf (using Briar Rose Fibers Wistful - leftover from my Icarus Shawl)
2. CashSilk Fern Scarf (using a skein of Online Supersocke 100)
3. Jabberwonky (using KP Felici in Abracadabra)
4. If You Know Where To Go (in KP Felici in Green Veggies)
5. Gardener's Socks (using Malabrigo Sock)
6. Paradiddle Socks - my own design (using Malabrigo Sock)

New Techniques (one of the following stranded/multi-yarn kits)
1. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie

Because I love Husband and/or My Children
1. Sacrificial Goat #7 (for Little Man)
2. Sacrificial Goat #8 (for Stormageddon)

Christmas Presents
I have absolutely no idea what's going to end up here, if anything. I suspect something will end up here and I might pull it from other lists but we shall see. Maybe I won't do any Christmas knitting. Maybe all I'll wind up doing is Christmas knitting. I suppose this is a wait-and-see section :)

Designs
1. Susan's Hat
2. Traveling Vines Socks (done, see FO #12)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket
4. Paradiddle Socks (see Secret Sock Club Bag section)
5. Paradiddle Collection of Hats



Um, moving along......


Little Man went back to school this week but it was a short week because, for some unknown reason that I just do not understand, after having two weeks off, they had Monday off as well. That one just kind of made me shake my head. But, he's back in school and back on schedule and that's lovely. 

They had their Halloween parade on Friday before pick-up. The preschool's theme was nature so costumes were supposed to be nature-themed (animals, plants, geographic things...). So, there were the usuals: flowers, butterflies, birds, pumpkins, tomatoes....and then there were a couple stand-outs. Little Man was a penguin. Another little boy was a shark. And one of the other little boys was a volcano. They were so cute. 

At the school Halloween parade

Proof is in the pudding. He kept telling me how hot he was, though....oh well, he got over it. He was totally adorable.



Stormageddon, of course, wore his costume to the parade, as well. He was definitely warm, though, and I wound up taking his costume off while we were there. It was warm that day. ::sigh::

But that's not all (tell them, Egon).....on Saturday, the five of us went to Golden Gate Park for the San Francisco Mad Dash 5K (Husband, the kids, me, and my friend from college). It took us about an hour and fifteen minutes to do because we kept stopping to feed Stormageddon (especially over the last mile or so) but it was fun, the weather wasn't too hot (it's near the ocean so it was rather cool and foggy at the start), and it helped negate what we ate for dinner.

Post-race chocolate milk

Post-race success!

And dinner last night? House of Prime Rib in San Francisco. Followed by trick-or-treating with the children :)

That's honestly about all that's going on around here lately. I need to knit more (don't we all), I need to sleep more (don't we all)........oh well. I don't expect much to get done because of my friend being here this week but we'll see how things go :)



Tigger and Ultron say, "happy Halloween" and, "happy dia de los muertos!"

3 comments:

  1. Great costumes! And congrats on completing the Mad Dash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. penguin and tiger and Ultron- such super cute costumes!! little kids in costumes never gets stale, I think it's the best part of Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're too cute in their costumes!

    ReplyDelete