Finished Objects (FOs):
1. Elefante: started December 19, 2014; finished December 28, 2014
2. Hat #1 - FoH: started December 31, 2014; finished January 1, 2015
3. Hat #2 - FoH: started January 1, 2015; finished January 4, 2015
4. Hat #3 - FoH: started January 7, 2015; finished January 10, 2015
5. Hat #4 - Stitch's Rock Hat: started January 16, 2015; finished January 24, 2015
6. Vanilla Fingerless Mitts: started January 23, 2015; finished February 3, 2015
7. Paradiddle Hat: started January 24, 2015; finished February 7, 2015
8. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 22, 2015; finished February 24, 2015
9. Sorin Fingerless Mitts: started March 8, 2015; finished March 31, 2015
10.Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 27, 2015; finished April 1, 2015
11. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) Pattern Test: started sometime in February, 2015; finished April 18, 2015 (pattern is live and can be purchased via Ravelry)
12. Traveling Vines Socks (pattern for publication): started sometime in February; finished April 15, 2015 -- full disclosure Friday, October 18, 2015
13. Sacrificial Goat #5: started May 29, 2015; finished June 4, 2015
14. Baby Hat: started June 4, 2015; finished June 6, 2015
15. Elvish Leaves Dishcloth: started June 10, 2015; finished June 12, 2015
16. Baby Hat: started June 19, 2015; finished June 27, 2015
17. Homework for Alana Dakos Class: started July 1, 2015; finished July 5, 2015 and it's all finished
18. Traveling Socks: started December 23, 2014; finished July 28, 2015
19. Sacrificial Goat #6: started August 23, 2015; finished September 1, 2015
20. Petty Harbour Socks: started July 29, 2015; finished September 5, 2015
21. Curlew: started September 10, 2015; finished September 26, 2015
22. Little Man's Hat: started July 8, 2015; finished November 2, 2015
23. Maple Slouch Hat: started November 15, 2015; finished November 20, 2015
Oh hey, look at that! I started and finished a project this week! Holly over at Silly Little Lady put out a call for test knitters for a new slouch hat. I don't already have a zillion things going on so I thought, "I need more to do." Luckily, the pattern is lovely and quick. She has two versions: a lace panel or a lace all over hat. I did the lace all over version, which I have yet to photograph (it's been washed and is drying/blocking). You can find more information in the thread or in this blog post. The pattern is due out in December and you can ask her to let you know when it comes out (earburn) in the thread.
Works-In-Progress (WIPs): - carried over from 2014...and maybe earlier...*shifty eyes*
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
3. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014
4. Wink: started January 5, 2015
5. Fire & Ice (Fire) Socks: started April 15, 2015
6. Bunny: started September 8, 2015
7. Vanilla Latte Socks: started November 19, 2015
In addition to starting and finishing the hat, I also started a pair of socks during Little Man's swimming lessons on Thursday. I decided that I needed some "purse knitting" again. I pulled out some Kroy Sock Yarn that I've had hanging around and appropriate needles. I CO for the medium size, went to transfer stitches to my two circulars....and couldn't get the stitches to move. So, I ripped it out and started over, doing the CO over two needles. I'm now finished with the cuff of the first of my Vanilla Latte Socks and I'm probably two inches into the pattern. Woo. Exciting times.
In addition to starting the socks and starting and finishing the hat, I also worked on my Fire Socks. I'm about halfway through the heel flap, which is fabulous.
But that's it. I swear.
In my "OMGLSGWTFBBQ, crazy lady?!" lists...
1. George's Vest (for Stormageddon - sock/fingering; solid or semi-solid)
2. Nottingham (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
3. Nottingham (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
4. Harry Potter Blanket (for The Family - worsted; solid) - from various Harry Potter inspired square blocks
5. Albert the Absent-Minded (for Stormageddon - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid) *need pattern*
6. Mirkwood (for Stormageddon - bulky; solid or semi-solid)
7. Smaug (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
8. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (for Little Man - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid) *need pattern*
9. Moe the Mustache Monster (for Stormageddon - worsted; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)
10. Another Goat (for Little Man - worsted in white/cream, and brown)
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Vanilla Socks (using one of my Harry Potter yarns)
2. Drip Drip Drop Socks (using either a solid or semi-solid sock yarn that I haven't decided on yet)
3. Hermione Hearts Ron (sport; solid or semi-solid)
4. Ginny's Cardigan (DK; solid or semi-solid)
1. Scotch and Soda Scarf (using Briar Rose Fibers Wistful - leftover from my Icarus Shawl)
2. CashSilk Fern Scarf (using a skein of Online Supersocke 100)
3. Jabberwonky (using KP Felici in Abracadabra)
4. If You Know Where To Go (in KP Felici in Green Veggies)
5. Gardener's Socks (using Malabrigo Sock)
6. Paradiddle Socks - my own design (using Malabrigo Sock)
New Techniques (one of the following stranded/multi-yarn kits)
1. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie
Because I love Husband and/or My Children
1. Sacrificial Goat #7 (for Little Man)
2. Sacrificial Goat #8 (for Stormageddon)
I have absolutely no idea what's going to end up here, if anything. I suspect something will end up here and I might pull it from other lists but we shall see. Maybe I won't do any Christmas knitting. Maybe all I'll wind up doing is Christmas knitting. I suppose this is a wait-and-see section :)
1. Susan's Hat
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket
4. Paradiddle Socks (see Secret
5. Paradiddle Collection of Hats
Move along, move along.......nothing to see here! There should be but, let's be honest....I'm just not going to get to most of this. Oh well.
This past week has been interesting. Little Man didn't have school on Thursday or Friday due to Parent/Teacher Conferences. I went on Thursday while Husband stayed home with the boys. We, of course, ran late...
There were ten pages that I needed to print out for conferences. TEN! But, the bottom line is that he's normal for his age and never having been in school before, he likes playing in groups, and he's gotten better and better since the beginning of the school year, and, most importantly, he's a happy kid. So, that's all lovely. He might even be ready to go to Friday Morning Gathering by the time we get back from winter break, which is very exciting. On Friday mornings, the entire school (preschool-8th grade) meets in the gym for about 15-20 minutes for songs and togetherness. The preschool kids are not expected to go but the older ones are allowed to go. He hasn't been ready (trouble sitting still and such)...but his teachers think he might be ready come January. We'll see.
Stormageddon has started talking a bit more. He can say the following (or an approximation thereof): kitty, dada, mama, baba (bottle), nigh-nigh (as in "night night" for bedtime), brower (brother, which he's inconsistent with but he does try once in awhile), and most recently, pup-pup (as in Puppy). He also blows kisses, can sign for "milk," "more," and "all done," and has started attempting to climb things (steps into the house, the stool in the bathroom, and onto his pack-n-play (which is folded up). ::sigh::
He also discovered the best toy in the world. This happens to be the only "spring" type we have in the house, and it's in the back bathroom.
He also decided my oil cloth project bag with monkeys on it was pretty neat (it contains my Vanilla Latte Socks). He kept slapping it and saying, "kitty!" because he doesn't know any better.
Other than conferences, not much else has happened. We went to the zoo again yesterday, which was lovely. We figured out why it closes at 4pm, though, when we came out and noticed the San Francisco fog rolling in and the temperature had dropped quite a bit. Little Man also had his last day of soccer for this session. The next session doesn't start until sometime in late January and I'm not sure we'll do it for the winter session. He mentioned basketball so that might be our "winter" one. We'll see when the rec catalog comes out.
Yep. That's all I know right now.
Oh, here's a sneak preview of my Maple Slouch that I tested. This is, obviously, before it was finished :)
I hope you're all having a lovely weekend!