But, enough about that.........let's get going on my Self-Imposed Year of Projects!
FOs (Finished Objects)
1. Fire Socks: started April 15, 2015; finished January 6, 2016
2. Nottingham for Stormageddon: started January 12, 2016; finished January 14, 2016
3. Design proposal for Fire Socks: started January 13, 2016; finished January 18, 2016
4. Purple merino/silk spinning (singles): started toward the end of Tour de Fleece (July 4-26, 2015); finished January 29, 2016
5. Nottingham for Little Man: started January 17, 2016; finished February 1, 2016
6. Swirl Hat: started December 16. 2015; finished February 4, 2016
7. Swatch for Marly Bird class at Stitches West: started January 8, 2016; finished February 7, 2016 (no project page)
8. Fire Socks design (the actual pattern writing & photography part): started February 6, 2016; finished February 12, 2016 (I think it's going live in a few weeks; I'll let you know)
Sooooooooooo, the cat's out of the bag, just a little. See, I sent in that design proposal for my Fire Socks, not thinking much would come of it and, apparently, I'm being published. Again. This past week, I worked on getting the pattern and photos ready and they were emailed off on Friday afternoon. I also spent some time having my Traveling Vines Socks photographed because in a couple of months, I get my rights back and I'm going to have it tech edited and I needed photos and all that...so, we just did the photos all at once.
In addition to that, my swatch for my class next weekend is also finished and blocked.....I still need to weave in ends but that will take all of a hot minute. I imagine I'll get that done later today, depending on how things go. It's bigger than what was specified but I imagine that will just mean it's a bit more accurate....or not. This is the pre-blocking-just-off-the-needles shot :)
I also gifted the Swirl Hat this past week so I'll have another FO Friday post this coming Friday (yes, it's already written and yes, I have scheduled it to post on Friday).
WIPs (Works-In-Progress) - carried over year-to-year
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014
3. Wink: started January 5, 2015
4. Vanilla Latte Socks: started November 19, 2015
5. Ice Socks: started January 7, 2016
6. Mountains Beanie: started February 9, 2016
I know I said I wasn't going to start anything new until I got some of my WIPs under control...........Sméagol lied.
To be fair, the newest project is a test knit for Holly and it's knitting up fairly quickly, considering that I have to read two different charts for each round. I needed a palette cleanser after the pattern writing and the swatching and just life in general. This is the new hat in question (well, it's where I ended up on Friday night). Squishy squishy :)
The only other project to see any action this week? My Vanilla Latte Socks. I've worked on them in various places: swimming lessons, soccer, late at night while everyone else is sleeping....they're growing but I'm still on the leg.
I'm hoping that some other projects see some action this coming week...some have been hiding out in my bag for far too long.
In my "OMG CRAZY LADY WTFLSGBBQ" lists....
1. George's Vest (for Stormageddon - probably the largest size; fingering in solid or semi-solid)
2. House Hat (one each for Stormageddon and Little Man - worsted, two contrasting colors)
3. Mirkwood (for Stormageddon - bulky; solid or semi-solid)
4. Smaug (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
5. Arthur the Alien (for Little Man - worsted; any colors)
6. Holiday Countdown Stockings (for the family - Aran/worsted; four colors)
7. Creeper Gonna Creep (for Little Man - DK; green because Creeper)
Items for ME (selfish knitting, FTW!!)
1. Vanillaish Socks (using one of my Harry Potter Yarns)
2. Paradiddle Socks (using a solid or semi-solid sock yarn)
3. Hermione Hearts Ron (sport weight; solid or semi-solid - Plucky Primo in Petunia?)
4. Hermione Hearts Ron Fingerless Mitts (sport weight; solid or semi-solid - Plucky Primo in Petunia?)
5. Classic Silk Mayfaire Camisole (Miss Babs from Stitches Midwest)
6. Stormont (worsted; solid or semi-solid)
7. Sockhead Hat (sock; any colors)
8. Moab Shawl (sock; any colors) *need pattern*
9. Prowl (DK; solid or semi-solid) *need pattern*
Secret Sock Club Bags - Pick a bag at random; do pattern with yarn
1. Scotch & Soda Scarf (using Briar Rose Fibers Wistful, leftover from my Icarus Shawl)
2. CashSilk Fern Scarf (using ONline Supersocke 100)
3. Jabberwonky (using KP Felici in Abracadabra)
4. If You Know Where To Go (using KP Felici in Green Veggies)
5. Gardener's Socks (using Malabrigo Sock in Indiacita)
1. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie
4. Xanadu Snowflake Cowl
1. 198 yds. of Heaven (worsted; any colors)
2. Phillip and Mr. Grum (sock yarn; any colors)
3. Comfort Food (Aran; solid)
4. Fine Fella (worsted; solid or semi-solid)
5. November Leaves (Shelter from stash) *need pattern*
6. Skinner Hat (sock; solid or semi-solid) *need pattern*
7. The Shoemaker's Hat (bulky; solid or semi-solid) *need pattern*
8. Roll Out The Barrels (cotton; any colors)
9. Sweeny Todd Scarf (worsted; any colors)
10. Bridal Shower Lace Cloth (cotton; any colors)
11. The Snowmen Cometh (worsted; any colors)
12. Sunburst Dishcloth (cotton; any colors)
13. Starfish Cloth (cotton; any colors)
14. Seamless Circular Cloth (cotton; any colors)
15. Tombreck (Aran/worsted; solid or semi-solid)
16. Premie Spiral Hat (for hospital donations - sport or DK; any colors)
1. Ice Socks (knit prototype and pattern for submission)
2. Susan's Hat (make proper - photos, pattern, etc.)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket (make proper - photos, pattern, etc.)
4. Paradiddle Socks (knit prototype - see "Items for ME")
1. Spin approximately 4 oz of either a grey wool or white merino to ply with the purple silk/merino listed in the FO section above.
2. Finish up the remaining Asshole Blue Corriedale that I found in Stormageddon's room awhile ago (don't even get me started on this one!)
3. Start something new...or something different....or, just something :)
I'm guessing most of you don't read through this last section because it doesn't change.....but I will note that I removed my Fire Socks from the "Designs" section because it's been accepted for publication.
Moving along........real life.
Husband got sick. Again. It's just a nasty cold, probably what Stormageddon was fighting off last week (he was snotting out his nose), but he's been miserable. He finally started to feel human again yesterday.
Little Man had a note sent home from his teacher. Apparently he hit one of the younger kids in the face, closed fist. I was not pleased. He was trying to prevent someone from doing his assigned job so he was correct in that he was doing his job......but he did not go about handling it very well. ::sigh:: That's the worst of it, though. Speaking of school, it turns out all the kids that are eligible for kindergarten in the fall (that are in his preschool class) got in, so no awkwardness, which is lovely.
Stormageddon has been learning body parts this week. He knows where his nose, tummy, and penis are located. He's a little fuzzy on where his pretty eyes and his ears are located, but we're working on it. He's still working on animal sounds but nothing has really changed there.
In other random events, I took the boys to the park on Friday afternoon with a couple of the kids in Little Man's class (and their moms, of course). Stormageddon got his first non-family kiss from someone he didn't know. A little girl at the park came up to him, put her arms around him to hug him, and then she pulled him right in for a kiss on the lips. Then she ran off. I wish I had gotten a photo of it! It was so sweet. I did get some photos from our time at the park, however.
Obviously, there are more photos than these two but you get the idea.
Here are a couple more photos from this past weekish :)
Okay, this photo.....the drum. This drum was gifted to Little Man from Husband's aunt & uncle around the time he turned a year old (maybe the Christmas right after). Anyway, he's been playing with it since then and when I purged his room last weekend, he was willing to give it up to his baby brother...who loves it.
|Duplo creations by Little Man|
|Apparently he's ready for Easter.|
|Picking flowers at school|
|Bristle block creations by Little Man|
I hope you're having a lovely weekend :) Next weekend's post may be a little late (like a day) because Stitches West is next weekend and I'm going to be so busy with shopping and classes and gloriousness that is Stitches.
Soooo, we'll see when I get around to things :) Hope all is well!