Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

March Goals!

Hello and happy March! Before we get to this month's goals, we need to revisit my February goals....

Fibery Goals
1. Work on the following (and maybe even finish something!): Dragon's Egg SocksSnape's StockingsWinkVanilla Latte SocksSwirl Hat, and Nottingham for Little Man.
2. Make rolags and finish spinning up the Asshole Blue Corriedale I found in Stormageddon's room (dammit dammit dammit!).
3. Partake in a fibery endeavor at least 4x/week.
4. Yarn Diet (Clubs don't count).
5. Design work.
6. Clean out the yarn closet.
7. Rock my Stitches West classes with Marly Bird.
8. Make more stitch markers.
9. Anything else that comes along.

Well, let's talk about this. I finished up the Swirl Hat and the Nottingham Hat. The only other project from the list of WIPs that saw any action were my Vanilla Latte Socks. It's all very exciting. Or not. Whatever. 

I did not touch my wheel or my fiber. Oops.

I did try to partake in a fibery endeavor several times every week but it's not a perfect system but I do try :) 

My yarn diet went to shit when I went to Stitches West. I'm not too fussed about it, to be honest. 

Design work.....that's been happening. I've been doodling and sketching (which, up until my class with Marly Bird at Stitches West, I do not do), I've been writing out charts, blah blah blah blah. That's important and all.

My yarn closet has probably seen more go in than come out but it's okay...

I've already mentioned my Stitches West classes, which were awesome and I rocked them and that is that :)

I made a few more stitch markers but I didn't really need to. Woo.

And I started and finished one hat, and started two new projects: my Rathmore cowl and a Mother Bear.

Basically, I rocked it. Or not. Whatever. I'm going with the former...


Non-Fibery Goals
1. Work on Stormageddon's room (toys, boxes, my stuff, etc.).
2. Work on Little Man's room (go through toys, especially).
3. Work on our bedroom/closet (go through shelves, drawers, dust, etc.).
4. Gym and/or some other form of exercise.
5. Work on the weight loss shit (woo).
6. Keep up on the (new) bullet journal.
7. Work on recipe journal.

Stormageddon's room and Little Man's room both got quite a bit of attention this month. I went through all of Little Man's toys, clothes, books, dressers, closet, etc. I took a bag of toys to Goodwill, I threw out a bag of (broken) toys, I organized his clothes and his books, and we put a bookshelf in his room for his legos (Millennium Falcon, Tie Fighter, Doctor Who, Wall-E, his pirate ship, etc.). The bookshelf came from Stormageddon's room, which needed to be cleaned off. All the stuff that was in there....well, it's now residing in our bedroom and I need to take care of it but I just don't want to. ::sigh:: I also switched out Stormageddon's clothes because he's ready for the 18-24 month size. We had far too many so I boxed up a bunch to give to our friends. So, I didn't want to do it but, the boys' rooms got some much needed attention. 

Our bedroom, on the other hand, kind of looks like a tornado went through...all the bins from Stormageddon's room, plus the mess that's already there. ::sigh:: Someday.

I'm doing well with the gym but not on the actual weight loss part. I think I've hit another plateau. So, this past week I've actually just kind of let it all go, I've gained some weight, and I'll start hitting things hard next week. I think. We'll see how things go.

The bullet journal is going well. I think I like the free-flow format a bit better. I'm not taking up full pages and wasting half the pages with emptiness. I'm not 100% sold but it's much better than my old format :)

And lastly, let's not talk about the recipe journal......



And now, MARCH GOALS!

Fibery Goals
1. Work on the following (and maybe finish something!): Dragon's Egg SocksSnape's StockingsWinkVanilla Latte Socks, Rathmore, and Mother Bear Project.
2. Make rolags and finish spinning up the Asshole Blue Corriedale I found in Stormageddon's room (dammit dammit dammit!).
3. Partake in a fibery endeavor at least 4x/week.
4. Yarn Diet (Clubs don't count).
5. Design work.
6. Clean out the yarn closet.
7. Anything else that comes along.

Non-Fibery Goals
1. Reorganize in Stormageddon's room
2. Go through bins from Stormageddon's room.
3. Work on our bedroom/closet (go through shelves, drawers, dust, etc.).
4. Gym and/or some other form of exercise.
5. Work on the weight loss shit (woo).
6. Keep up on the (new) bullet journal.
7. Work on recipe journal.


My goals are very similar (or the same, in some cases) for this month......just need to keep on keeping on :)

1 comment:

  1. excellent goals, as usual! I'm also trying to lose weight, trying to get rid of the babyweight so I can get back into my jeans... it's absolutely no fun at all.

    ReplyDelete