Let's get rolling. I'm almost to the halfway point!
FOs (Finished Objects)
1. Fire Socks: started April 15, 2015; finished January 6, 2016
2. Nottingham for Stormageddon: started January 12, 2016; finished January 14, 2016
3. Design proposal for Fire Socks: started January 13, 2016; finished January 18, 2016
4. Purple merino/silk spinning (singles): started toward the end of Tour de Fleece (July 4-26, 2015); finished January 29, 2016
5. Nottingham for Little Man: started January 17, 2016; finished February 1, 2016
6. Swirl Hat: started December 16, 2015; finished February 4, 2016
7. Swatch for Marly Bird class at Stitches West: started January 8, 2016; finished February 7, 2016 (no project page)
8. Fire Socks design (the actual pattern writing & photography part): started February 6, 2016; finished February 12, 2016 (link to the preview; pattern went live on Saturday, April 2nd)
9. Mountains Beanie: started February 9, 2016; finished February 17, 2016
10. Rathmore: started February 25, 2016; finished March 4, 2016
11. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013; finished March 9, 2016
12. Creeper for Little Man: started March 4, 2016; finished March 10, 2016
13. Mother Bear Project #1: started February 22, 2016; finished March 12, 2016
14. Asshole Corriedale (spinning project): started March 23, 2016; finished March 24, 2016
15. Pacific Waves: started March 9, 2016; finished March 25, 2016
16. Freeport Vest Frogging: started March 29, 2016; finished March 29, 2016
17. Pacific Waves: started March 31, 2106; finished April 2, 2016
18. Vanilla Latte Socks: started November 19, 2015; finished April 6, 2016
19. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014; finished April 11, 2016
20. Pacific Waves: started April 3, 2016; finished April 15, 2016
21. Creeper Hat: started April 28, 2016; finished May 4, 2016
22: Finn & Suffolk blend (spinning): started April 1, 2016; singles finished May 27, 2016; plied May 31, 2016
23. Gex for Little Man: started April 8, 2016; finished June 5, 2016
Nothing new has been finished. I'm okay with that. Gex is still in the back room but that's mostly out of laziness. Maybe this week if it's not too hot.
WIPs (Works-In-Progress) - carried over year-to-year
1. Wink: started January 5, 2015
2. CashSilk Fern Scarf: started April 7, 2016
3. Bridal Shower Lace Cloth: started April 27, 2016
4. Caffe Macchiato Socks: started May 7, 2016
We should probably just skip over this because I've done no knitting this week. NONE. I haven't even attempted.
Apparently, the dystopian novel I've been working on is more important. I'm hanging around 15,000 words, which is 30% of a full-length novel. Considering that I'm not a writer, I've done no writing since college and certainly no creative writing, having 25+ pages of writing (single spaced) is kind of a big deal. So, there's that. I don't ever expect that it's going to be published in any way, shape, or form. But, it helps.
But no knitting.
In my "WTFCRAZYLADYOMGLSGBBQ" lists:
1. George's Vest (for Stormageddon - probably the largest size; YOTH Little Brother from Stitches)
2. House Hat (one each for Stormageddon and Little Man - worsted, two contrasting colors)
3. Arthur the Alien (for Little Man - worsted; any colors)
4. Holiday Countdown Stockings (for the family - Aran/worsted; four colors)
5. Mirkwood (for Little Man - worsted or bulky; any colors)
6. Something for a baby (brother's baby!) - sweater probably, maybe a toy or socks or lots of things...KNIT ALL THE BABY THINGS!
Items for ME (selfish knitting, FTW!!)
1. Vanillaish Socks (using one of my Harry Potter Yarns)
2. Paradiddle Socks (using a solid or semi-solid sock yarn)
3. Hermione Hearts Ron (sport weight; solid or semi-solid - Plucky Primo in Petunia?)
4. Hermione Hearts Ron Fingerless Mitts (sport weight; solid or semi-solid - Plucky Primo in Petunia?)
5. Classic Silk Mayfaire Camisole (Miss Babs from Stitches Midwest)
6. Stormont (worsted; solid or semi-solid)
7. Sockhead Hat (sock; any colors)
8. Moab Shawl (sock; any colors) *need pattern*
9. Prowl (DK; solid or semi-solid) *need pattern*
Secret Sock Club Bags - Pick a bag at random; do pattern with yarn
1. Scotch & Soda Scarf (using Briar Rose Fibers Wistful, leftover from my Icarus Shawl)
2. Jabberwonky (using KP Felici in Abracadabra)
3. If You Know Where To Go (using KP Felici in Green Veggies)
4. Gardener's Socks (using Malabrigo Sock in Indiacita)
1. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie
4. Xanadu Snowflake Cowl
1. 198 yds. of Heaven (worsted; any colors)
2. Phillip and Mr. Grum (sock yarn; any colors)
3. Comfort Food (Aran; solid)
4. Fine Fella (worsted; solid or semi-solid)
5. November Leaves (Shelter from stash) *need pattern*
6. Skinner Hat (sock; solid or semi-solid) *need pattern*
7. The Shoemaker's Hat (bulky; solid or semi-solid) *need pattern*
8. Roll Out The Barrels (cotton; any colors)
9. Sweeny Todd Scarf (worsted; any colors)
10. The Snowmen Cometh (worsted; any colors)
11. Sunburst Dishcloth (cotton; any colors)
12. Starfish Cloth (cotton; any colors)
13. Seamless Circular Cloth (cotton; any colors)
14. Tombreck (Aran/worsted; solid or semi-solid)
15. Premie Spiral Hat (for hospital donations - sport or DK; any colors)
1. Ice Somethingsomething (knit prototype and pattern for submission)
2. Susan's Hat (make proper - photos, pattern, etc.; knit new prototype from Babs K2 from Stitches)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket (make proper - photos, pattern, etc.)
4. Paradiddle Socks (knit prototype - see "Items for ME")
5. Pacific Waves Hat (knit prototypes in various weights/sizes, pattern for submission? self-publish?) *I've started this*
6. Stormageddon's Baby Blanket (design process, knit prototype, etc.)
1. Spin approximately 4 oz of either a grey wool or white merino to ply with the purple silk/merino listed in the FO section above.
Other (for things that are fibery/crafty in nature but not specific to knitting or spinning)
1. Organize my handmade stitch markers
2. Make more stitch markers (to sell? donate? hoard?)
3. Organize my books/magazines/loose patterns. *started*
We should probably just ignore this for now.
But, we also come here for a dose of reality. And here it is....or something.
Little Man had preschool graduation this week. Stormageddon was somewhat uncooperative so I didn't get very many photos.
Of course, one of the photos I took is of him picking his nose. ::sigh:: The last one was taken by one of the other moms because I wasn't in a good spot for it. They sang songs, all the "graduating" preschoolers got a little photo album, we had a potluck party with games and activities, we collected his bag of stuff, and off we rode into the sunset. Or not. That was Wednesday.
Other things that have happened this week include dealing with sick children. Yeah. Both of them. Little Man was starting to get sick on Tuesday, he was snotty on Wednesday, Thursday he was coughing, snotting, and running a fever so he didn't go to swimming lessons. Stormageddon started getting it late on Wednesday and he's mostly been snotty and coughing. He did run a fever on Friday night but was mostly fine on Saturday (sans snot - lots of snot).
Friday afternoon, I took the boys to the county fair, which is here in town. Unfortunately, there wasn't much for Stormageddon to do but he did ride on a pony. They both did, actually. Little Man had a blast, though. The day was overcast and not too hot, which was fabulous for going to the fair.
Stormageddon needed to get a new stroller. He managed to break his other one. He broke the sun shade on it weeks ago and last week, he broke the foot strap, which kept getting caught in the wheel and it was almost impossible to work. So, new stroller. And Little Man rode on every ride he was big enough for. Many of them were ridden multiple times.
Saturday afternoon, I took Little Man to a birthday party for one of the girls in his class. He had a lovely time, jumping in bounce houses and eating cupcakes and pizza. He was quite happy. Stormageddon stayed home with Husband. After that, I went back to the fair with Little Man. Husband, again, stayed home with Stormageddon. Originally, he and Little Man were going to go but he wasn't feeling it and it was hot and he didn't think he'd be able to handle it. So, I went. It was fine. We were there for four hours, I went through money way too quickly, and he loved every minute of it.
A few other random things from the week:
I woke up to Little Man asleep in our bed on Friday morning. He came in sometime before dawn and snuggled right in. He was so cute. He wedged himself between Husband and I, with Puppy at his feet, and wrapped up in his Tardis blanket.
And then, this happened. Little monkey! He did use the stool but that only got up up a foot or so and then he used his little arms and legs to get to where he was. Instead of saving him, I took photos. He was after the bananas. Again. Stormageddon loves his nanners.
::sigh:: Life with boys.
I hope you're all having a lovely weekend and, if you're in the US, a lovely Father's Day. Husband didn't want anything so he's not getting anything. Maybe a break from the boys. We'll see.