Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Stash Enhancement: The Hunger Games Edition

Happy Thursday!

If you stopped by on Monday, you may have read that my yarn diet went straight down the toilet. Between Purlescence Yarns closing later this month and my sudden need for all things Hunger Games....well, I'm kind of screwed.

So, let's get going on my latest stash acquisitions.




Brazen Stitchery Harmony Sock in Team Peeta. I found this while doing a Hunger Games search on Etsy...because I have an unhealthy obsession. I'm so so SO late to the Hunger Games party. I didn't actually even think about reading it until after I kept catching glimpses of the movie when Husband was home sick and watching it. And then the obsession began. Hence, all these yarny goodnesses :)


The next three are from Lorna's Laces.


Lorna's Laces Sport Multi in the Catching Fire colorway. This was a limited edition colorway done in November 2013, when Hunger Games: Catching Fire came out in theaters. I found these in a destash because that's the only way to get them now. I had hoped for the Shepherd Sock but four skeins of the Sport Multi will suffice :)



Lorna's Laces Worsted Multi in the Tribute colorway. This, too, was a limited edition colorway done in May 2012, for the release of the Hunger Games in theaters. Again, these were found in a destash...actually, the same destash as the Sport Multi.



Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock, also in the Tribute colorway. I found this one first, actually, and then I started wondering if there were other ones I needed to get my hands on. That led me on the quest of Lorna's Laces acquisition...and there are no Mockingjay colorways that I can find. But, I'm good.



Do I have any idea what I'm going to make out of any of these? Noooooooope. Not a clue. I entertained the thought of a shawl of some sort for me out of either the sport or the worsted and, obviously, socks for the sock yarn....but who knows if/when that will happen. My yarn is well beyond SABLE at this point. Oh well.



I'll be back on Saturday with my StevenBe Inappropriate update, I think...

Have a lovely Thursday and may the odds be ever in your favor.

4 comments:

  1. So join the party. I've been a HUGE fan for many years! I made the Katniss cowl and I have several Hunger Games themed yarns...Nerd Girl has some, the Canadian dyer I couldn't remember? Indigodragonfly has some...and do you know about the exhibition? It's in San Francisco NOW!!! Go see it! I saw it in NYC, well worth it! http://www.thehungergamesexhibition.com/#home I have a blog post about it..http://graceysgoodies.blogspot.com/2015/07/hunger-games-exhibition.html I recently visited a wax museum and actually "fangirled" at the Katniss statue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes cheating on a yarn diet is very important! I see why you did!!'

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, these are all so gorgeous, and hey, when knitting crosses over into our other fandom, then we've GOT to buy the yarn, right? I love how dramatic all these colourways are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to refamiliarize myself with Lorna's Laces. I still have a skein of her sock yarn that's supposed to help keep your feet cool or something like that.

    ReplyDelete