|Messed Up Moss (link to Project Page)|
Pattern: Messed Up Moss by Renee Anne (yes, that's me!)
Time Frame: started January 4, 2017; finished May17, 2017
Yarn: Loops & Threads Woolzee in Crimson (~1.5 skeins; ~110 yds)
Needles: US #10.5 (6.5 mm)
Size: To fit Little Man
Modification(s): None. As I'm in the process of making this into a more cohesive pattern, I needed to reknit it so I can figure out yardage and sizing. So, the scarf is about 60" long and used about 110 yds of bulky yarn so I can adjust and estimate from there.
Thoughts: There's no reason other than laziness for the amount of time it took me to knit this scarf. It's bulky yarn on big needles and the pattern is easy to memorize. I hope I don't have to make it again for awhile, though :)
|Vanilla Socks (link to Project Page)|
Pattern: None but there are elements of the Vanilla Latte socks and I used the Double Gusset Heel Decreases and the Modified Eye of Partridge heel flap....
Time Frame: started March 30, 2017; finished June 8, 2017
Yarn: Colinette Jitterbug in Teals (more than 318 yds...but I'm not sure how much exactly)
Needles: US #1 (2.25 mm)
Size: 64 sts - to fit me :)
Modification(s): There's not really a pattern so there aren't any modifications to be had.
Thoughts: I learned a valuable lesson with these socks: longer than usual socks + less skein yardage = I needed to break into the second skein (which I luckily already had). I usually have a good sized min-skein leftover when I knit socks so I thought I'd chance making them a bit longer...neglecting to account for the yarn I was using having almost 100 yds less than a "normal" skein of sock yarn. Oops. Luckily, I had a second skein of this yarn. I now have enough left for ankle socks (I think).
|Stormageddon's Vest (link to Project Page)|
Pattern: George's Vest by Crystal Erb Junkins
Time Frame: started October 17, 2017; finished June 9, 2017
Yarn: YOTH Little Brother in Caviar (less than 435 yds)
Needles: US #4 (3.5 mm); US #6 (4 mm) and US J (6 mm) crochet hook
Modification(s): I left the buttons off the front. I may still add them but I don't think they're needed and they serve no functional purpose.
Thoughts: This is a well written and well thought out pattern. The only thing I really was not a fan of: the single crochet around the neckband. I thought it should have had an inch or so of the twisted ribbing like the armholes and the bottom ribbing. Also, it was a pain in the ass for me to do. I wound up having to go to a J hook because the first two times I did it, it wound up not being able to fit over Stormageddon's head. I know I have tension issues with crochet but it shouldn't have been that bad! Clearly I have more issues than I thought. I made the largest size on purpose and it should fit Stormageddon in the fall/winter. It's a bit long on him right now. Little Man said he looked like he was wearing a dress....oops. He'll grow. The pattern is "unavailable" but if you go to the wayback machine, you can find it (and I think the link on the pattern page takes you to the archived version). Aside from that, I don't know if it's because of the yarn used in the original, but I feel like I didn't need even close to the same amount of yarn. The yarn used comes in 385 yds/skein and for the largest size, you need two skeins...so I'm guessing you just barely get into the second skein because I used less than one skein of the yarn I had (which comes in 435 yd skeins). So, I have a bunch of extra yarn (oh darn).
Anyway, that's all I have for FO Friday :) I should be back tomorrow with my latest stash enhancements. And then again on Sunday for my Year of Projects update :)