Hello and happy Saturday! I'm several weeks late with this post. It is, after all, March...and the first of my stash enhancements happened in January. I think. I don't know. I'm just getting them uploaded to Ravelry, even though I took the photos in February, and they've been hanging out in my stash a bit longer than that.
Anyway, these are my "Pre-Stitches" enhancements. Behold, my stash grew...
I'm 98% sure this is a skein of Lorna's Laces Solemate. If it's not Solemate, it's probably Shepherd Sock but I'm pretty sure it's Solemate. Anyway, the color is Glasgow (as in Scotland) and it called to me. This actually came home in December of 2017 but life got in the way, as it often does. So, just a few months late....
This is a gigantic cone of Artfibers Anime, undyed. The cone plus yarn is about 517g, and cones from Artfibers run about 33.5g so I have about 1200 yds of this (in addition to another 340 yds on another cone). I picked this up in a destash. I have plans to dye this...maybe. We'll see how things go.
I already have a skein of this but I picked up another skein of Sunshine Yarns Classic Sock in Mockingjay. I might be able to make something a bit more substantial now that I have two skeins.
Hiwassee Creek Dyeworks is a new-to-me yarn and, again, I picked this one up in a destash. The colorway is Uprising at the Capital on their Summit Sock self-stripe base.
I picked up this skein of Canon Hand Dyes Charles Sock Self-Stripe already wound into a ball (I'll probably rewind it at some point), with the ball band missing. The colorway is Happy Hunger Games.
This last skein is Berry Colorful Yarnings (BCY) Primary Fingering in Prim. Are you seeing a trend? The last four skeins I picked up from the same destash, all of them Hunger Games related. I may or may not have a problem.
In addition to the yarn, I also received my processed fiber from Morro Fleece Works. If you don't remember, I had a full merino fleece and a full alpaca fleece that needed processing. I attempted to do some of the cleaning myself but, really, it's just a pain in the ass and easier to pay someone else to do it. So, I shipped both fleeces off and a few months later, they were finished.
These are my chocolate brown alpaca pin roving. I started out with about 30 oz of raw fiber. I lost about 7 oz in the processing and wound up with an 11 oz and a 12 oz bundle of pin roving.
My merino fleece started out around 5 lbs and I don't know for sure how much I pulled out to attempt to process on my own. I could go weigh it but I'm just not feeling it. Regardless, I wound up with four balls: 3-8 oz and a 4 oz, for a total of 28 oz, which isn't even 2 lbs of fiber. It's still quite a bit to spin so I'm not terribly fussed about it. Well, maybe a little. I have a feeling that my memory is failing me and I actually have another four bags of fiber, which would make a lot more sense. Either way, I have a lot of natural fiber to spin.
I hope you're having a lovely Saturday. I'll be back tomorrow with my Year of Projects post. And there will be a Stitches update, as well.....but not tomorrow :)