Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Year SEVEN: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Update #11

Hello! Happy Sunday! Apparently Blogger wanted to eat my post.....luckily, I didn't have much written yet :)


FOs (Finished Objects)
1. Adare: started 30 December 2017; finished 5 January 2018
2. Luck o' the Irish Cowl: started 31 December 2017; finished 14 January 2018
3. Rasta Scarf: started 19 January 2018; finished 10 February 2018
4. Rastarmulke (v2): started 10 February 2018; finished 10 February 2018
5. Gamer Bag: started 28 September 2017; frogged 16 February 2018
6. Oh, She Is a Bad Nut: started 11 August 2016; frogged 16 February 2018

Nope. Nothing new to see here. Again. Moving along....


WIPs (Works-in-Progress) These are carried over from the last Year of Projects....or longer.
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Smooth Operator Socks: started 13 October 2016
3. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017
4. Hat Design: started 20 March 2017
5. Garter Stitch Baby Blanket: started 6 July 2017
6. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017
7. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
8. Paradiddle Prototype: started 19 October 2017
9. Returning: started 14 January 2018
10. Frankensocks: started 1 March 2018

I did not get a lot of knitting done this week but I definitely had some time where I attempted to get some knitting done. On Monday, Little Man had off from school so the boys and I went to a friend's house for knitting and a playdate. There were six adults and six children. I worked a little bit on my Frankensocks (maybe two or three rounds) and my Returning shawl. I also turned the heel on my Paradiddle Prototype. I was happily knitting along when I noticed the pattern was a little off. When I had picked up stitches to start working in the round again, I started on the wrong round. ::sigh:: So, I had about six rounds to tink back. I've not finished with that but I'm working on it here and there.

In other random news, I received yarn to finish the baby blanket so I might bring that back out as soon as I wind the yarn.

Oh, and I looked at my Smooth Operator Socks.


OMGLSGWTFBBQ Lists

Children's Items
1. Stuffed toy for my Devil Niece (so-called because her initials are TAZ)
2. Undetermined hat for Little Man
3. Undetermined hat for Stormageddon
4. Mittens for Stormageddon
5. Oliver for Stormageddon (worsted weight - Stunning String Studio from Stitches West 2018)
6. Lancelot for Little Man (worsted weight - green Plymouth Encore)
7. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (worsted weight - Red Creek blue, probably for #1 on this list)

Items for ME (selfish knitting FTW!)
1. Brickless (worsted - Miss Babs Yowza in "Celebration") *
2. Honey Badger (fingering - BMFA STR L - one of the ones from Carrie)
3. Park Slope (fingering - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot)
4. Maya's Shawl (bulky - Plucky Silk Merino Aran)
5. Companion Mitts (fingering - BMFA STR orange from Carrie) *
6. Forest Cardi (worsted - Baah Shasta in "London Blue" and....something....)
7. Flax (worsted - Cascade 220 in "Royal Blue" or Misti Alpaca Harry Potter color)
8. Jag in Garter Stitch (fingering - KP Palette grey and Artfibers Carezza)
9. Reichenbach (fingering - AVFKW Slick or BMFA STR-M in "Vintage")
10. Sockhead (fingering - Madelinetosh Merino Light)
11. Moab (fingering - Wollmeise in "Lavender")
12. Pumpkin Pie (DK - Kangaroo Dyer orange)
13. Age of Brass & Steam (DK - Berroco Comfort DK)
14. Anne's Sweater (sport - Artfibers something)
15. Moyen Age (fingering - Vice special order either grey or green)

Random Things
1. Pop Blanket (worsted - may need to order some yarn for this)
2. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat kit
3. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking kit
4. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie kit
5. Xandu Snowflake Cowl (fingering - two contrasting colors)
6. Granny Square Blanket (which means I need to learn to crochet)

Designs
1. Susan's Hat *started* - need new prototype & write pattern
2. Little Man's Baby Blanket *started* - write pattern
3. Paradiddle Socks  *started* - need prototype & write pattern
4. Pacific Waves Hat *started* - need another prototype & write pattern
5. Fall in San Francisco *started* - need another prototype & write pattern
6. Stormageddon's Baby Blanket - need prototype & write pattern
7. Cabled pullover (grey look-alike sweater - Old Navy hooded sweater with cable) - need sketch,
grading, swatch, prototype, & write pattern
8. Christmas stocking for Little Man - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
9. Christmas stocking for Stormageddon - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
10. Christmas stocking for Husband - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
11. Stomping Grounds collection *started* - need everything: charts, prototypes, swatches, etc.

Spinning
1. AVFKW Merino Silk
2.  Abstract Fiber Merino Tencel
3. Allons-Y Fiber Arts 18.5 Micron Merino
4. Allons-Y Fiber Arts Merino, Trilobal Nylon, Silk
5. Alpaca (from Lambtown 2014)
6. Ambrosia & Bliss Rambouillet Top
7. Anne's Fiber Expressions
8. Ashland Bay Fiber Merino Top
9. BMFA Handpainted Roving
10. Bramble Wool Farm Shetland Wool

Dyeing
1. Malabrigo Nube fiber
2. Gaia (worsted)
3. Euro Sock 6-ply
4. Whatever else I find in the bag...I have a bag...or maybe a couple of bags....

Other Fibery Endeavors
1. Stitch markers
2. Vintage patterns into Rav database
3. Inventory of books & loose patterns (update)
4. Inventory of PDF patterns (update)
5. Update yarn inventory (make sure it's up-to-date)/destash
6. Inventory project bags (Erin Lane, I'm looking at you)




We are getting down to the wire with the auction. Catalogs went home this week, the online auction went live, and a bunch of behind-the-scenes things are happening. We have raffle tickets coming in for our grand raffle (Disney package that includes 4 park hopper passes to Disney & California Adventure, a family pass to the Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco, and 2 nights at the Sheraton Park Hotel in Anaheim; a (refurbished) iPad Pro; and a Louis Vuitton Speedy Bandouliére 35 bag - if you want any raffle tickets, let me know...the drawing is on Saturday, March 24th), I'm trying to keep track of everything, and I'm getting into bidding wars with the online auction already. I had to do a "buy it now" to guarantee that I got my hands on something I wanted. 

But the auction is not the only thing going on in my life, I promise.

CalWater finally came out on Monday and removed the cistern box thing in our yard. It was raining but the water inside isn't from the rain. That's the groundwater. Yeah, there's a reason people around here don't have basements. That's the reason. This is how high up the water will get at high tide. 




The above photo is difficult to see but they took out the connector section, which had been made with asbestos but some of the bolts had been replaced with steel. Don't panic; asbestos is dangerous when you breathe in the dust. But, you know, it's gone now so that's lovely.



That's the top 1/3 of the cistern. The guy pounded a hole between the two sections, wrapped the hook and chain through it, and up it went.






The good news is that everything was removed on Monday. They even came back with drainage rocks to put in the bottom of the hole and they filled it with topsoil. 



Our cherry tree has been planted and watered. To be fair, it's probably had plenty of water this week because we've had that much rain. It is starting to bloom, though, so I take that as a good sign. 

In addition to that, Little Man had a Cub/Boy Scout Pack meeting this week. We've never been able to go but we went to one this week. There were maybe a dozen boys and various parents. The boys had a flipper race. Of the Tiger Scouts, Little Man came in fourth with 50 seconds (there were only four Tiger Scouts there). The difference between his time and the fastest Tiger Scout time was just 12 seconds. They were really close together. Some of the older kids' groups were separated by over a minute. 




He tried to tell me he didn't have fun but I know he was lying. He was laughing the entire time. He was just mad because he wasn't the fastest. Just another showing of my mini-me. He's just as competitive as I was at that age. 

They also had a regular den meeting this week. One of the parents talked about her work as an engineer. She's worked on things for the International Space Station as well as other satellites (her husband is also an engineer that works on things like that). The boys all built a satellite model and they worked on learning their scout oath. 



Stormageddon spent some time this week being a general cranky boy. No, I have no idea what's going on. But he apparently needed a nap. And yes, he's wearing his Bucky Badger jammies (the hood comes up and he's a little Bucky Badger). He insisted on being in his jammies and I wasn't feeling the argument.



Because we've had a lot of rain lately, the snails and worms are out....but we don't usually find teeny snails on the stroller wheel. I'm glad I saw this guy when I did or he would have been smooshed.

And then there's Puppy. He's been waking in the middle of the night to go potty. And then on Wednesday, he was throwing up left and right. It was not pleasant. We thought he might have a bladder infection. He doesn't. He probably just ate something outside that didn't agree. But I still took him to the vet on Thursday. Doesn't look a bit sick. And he isn't, really...


He is, however, getting to be a little tubby. So we might have to change his diet to the "lazy dog" food. Oh well. 


I hope you've all had a lovely week. I'll most likely be late next week because the auction is Saturday (EEEEEP!) but I'll be in eventually :) 



5 comments:

  1. That canine ain't hurtin' over what upset his belly, LOL. Yay for Little Man doing well in his flipper race. I know the auction will go well and the school will get lots of money. You are amazing. And that Stormageddon makes me smile. He held it together so well at STITCHES.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the auction. So glad to hear it's almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a busy week! I'm glad everything is coming together for the auction. Hopefully it will be a huge success. Glad your puppy is feeling better too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you all the best with the auction!!!

    ReplyDelete