Hello, happy whatever day it is....I'm a few days late and that's just how it's going to be.
FOs (Finished Objects)
1. Adare: started 30 December 2017; finished 5 January 2018
2. Luck o' the Irish Cowl: started 31 December 2017; finished 14 January 2018
3. Rasta Scarf: started 19 January 2018; finished 10 February 2018
4. Rastarmulke (v2): started 10 February 2018; finished 10 February 2018
5. Gamer Bag: started 28 September 2017; frogged 16 February 2018
6. Oh, She Is a Bad Nut: started 11 August 2016; frogged 16 February 2018
Nothing new to see here. Woo.
WIPs (Works-in-Progress) These are carried over from the last Year of Projects....or longer.
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Smooth Operator Socks: started 13 October 2016
3. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017
4. Hat Design: started 20 March 2017
5. Garter Stitch Baby Blanket: started 6 July 2017
6. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017
7. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
8. Paradiddle Prototype: started 19 October 2017
9. Returning: started 14 January 2018
10. Frankensocks: started 1 March 2018
11. Pattern Submission: started 19 March 2018
I didn't do a whole lot of knitting last week. I didn't do a whole lot of anything that wasn't related to the auction, really. There is one thing I did, however: I started a pattern submission project. To be fair, it's a pattern I made years ago and it's in need of actual writing/revamping so I'm going to give it a whirl. The worst thing they can say is that it sucks but I don't think that's going to happen. So, I'm going to go with the worst thing they can say is, "no." But even that didn't get a lot of attention this week. ::sigh::
1. Stuffed toy for my Devil Niece (so-called because her initials are TAZ)
2. Undetermined hat for Little Man
3. Undetermined hat for Stormageddon
4. Mittens for Stormageddon
5. Oliver for Stormageddon (worsted weight - Stunning String Studio from Stitches West 2018)
6. Lancelot for Little Man (worsted weight - green Plymouth Encore)
7. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (worsted weight - Red Creek blue, probably for #1 on this list)
Items for ME (selfish knitting FTW!)
1. Brickless (worsted - Miss Babs Yowza in "Celebration") *
2. Honey Badger (fingering - BMFA STR L - one of the ones from Carrie)
3. Park Slope (fingering - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot)
4. Maya's Shawl (bulky - Plucky Silk Merino Aran)
5. Companion Mitts (fingering - BMFA STR orange from Carrie) *
6. Forest Cardi (worsted - Baah Shasta in "London Blue" and....something....)
7. Flax (worsted - Cascade 220 in "Royal Blue" or Misti Alpaca Harry Potter color)
8. Jag in Garter Stitch (fingering - KP Palette grey and Artfibers Carezza)
9. Reichenbach (fingering - AVFKW Slick or BMFA STR-M in "Vintage")
10. Sockhead (fingering - Madelinetosh Merino Light)
11. Moab (fingering - Wollmeise in "Lavender")
12. Pumpkin Pie (DK - Kangaroo Dyer orange)
13. Age of Brass & Steam (DK - Berroco Comfort DK)
14. Anne's Sweater (sport - Artfibers something)
15. Moyen Age (fingering - Vice special order either grey or green)
1. Pop Blanket (worsted - may need to order some yarn for this)
2. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat kit
3. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking kit
4. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie kit
5. Xandu Snowflake Cowl (fingering - two contrasting colors)
6. Granny Square Blanket (which means I need to learn to crochet)
1. Susan's Hat *started* - need new prototype & write pattern
2. Little Man's Baby Blanket *started* - write pattern
3. Paradiddle Socks *started* - need prototype & write pattern
4. Pacific Waves Hat *started* - need another prototype & write pattern
5. Fall in San Francisco *started* - need another prototype & write pattern
6. Stormageddon's Baby Blanket - need prototype & write pattern
7. Cabled pullover (grey look-alike sweater - Old Navy hooded sweater with cable) - need sketch,
grading, swatch, prototype, & write pattern
8. Christmas stocking for Little Man - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
9. Christmas stocking for Stormageddon - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
10. Christmas stocking for Husband - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
11. Stomping Grounds collection *started* - need everything: charts, prototypes, swatches, etc.
1. AVFKW Merino Silk
2. Abstract Fiber Merino Tencel
3. Allons-Y Fiber Arts 18.5 Micron Merino
4. Allons-Y Fiber Arts Merino, Trilobal Nylon, Silk
5. Alpaca (from Lambtown 2014)
6. Ambrosia & Bliss Rambouillet Top
7. Anne's Fiber Expressions
8. Ashland Bay Fiber Merino Top
9. BMFA Handpainted Roving
10. Bramble Wool Farm Shetland Wool
1. Malabrigo Nube fiber
2. Gaia (worsted)
3. Euro Sock 6-ply
4. Whatever else I find in the bag...I have a bag...or maybe a couple of bags....
Other Fibery Endeavors
1. Stitch markers
2. Vintage patterns into Rav database
3. Inventory of books & loose patterns (update)
4. Inventory of PDF patterns (update)
5. Update yarn inventory (make sure it's up-to-date)/destash
6. Inventory project bags (Erin Lane, I'm looking at you)
Now, let's get down to non-fibery business: the auction is finished. Like, the actual event is over and done.....but my front room looks like an auction bomb went off. I have about 50% of the decorations and bins and such sitting in my front room. My Event Planning Coordinator is coming over tonight and we're going to work on sorting it all out and taking some sort of inventory and labeling the bins with what's inside and all of that. In addition to that, I'm going through bid sheets and making sure everything was entered and everyone was appropriately charged. Oh, and then I have envelopes with certificates that need to be doled out. And a basket or two. And then there's the counting. I have to count raffle tickets, I have to count the other raffle tickets, I have to count money, and I have to get everything gathered together, entered on the money forms, and turn it in to our PTA treasurer. ::sigh:: So many little things to do this week.
The auction wasn't the only thing that happened last week, though. On Tuesday, this happened:
Husband helped fund the indiegogo to make Super Troopers 2. Our "swag" was an early viewing of the movie plus a Q&A with some of Broken Lizard, specifically Erik Stolhanske (Rabbit), Jay Chandrasekhar (Thorny), Kevin Hefferman (Farva), and Steve Lemme (Mac). Only Paul Soter (Foster) was absent. And then, of course, autographs and photos and such after the movie. Husband has all those photos and he promised to send them to me but, you know, he hasn't yet. ::sigh::
We were toward the back of the theater but it didn't matter. The movie, by the way, is hilarious.
We also saw one of our favorite neighborhood kitties late last week. She's been hanging out by a house at the end of our street, which is significantly closer to us than she used to be. She's still skittish and I'm pretty sure someone tried to snatch her. She used to come right up to us for pets and rubs but now she will hardly come near anyone. Poor kitty.
Of course, with the rain we've had over the last week, the snails are out in droves. They're unofficial pets at our house. The boys love them.
Speaking of rain, we've had some fabulous rainbows. You can't tell from these photos but there was actually the beginnings of a double rainbow.
Stormageddon is working on saying, "cheese" for the camera. He's also discovered his love of long t-shirts for jammies. But, of course, he was cold so he was hanging out by the fire the other night.
And lastly, this was our wall/photo op entrance to the auction on Saturday. Our theme was Carnival en España. I think next year we might go for an 80s prom theme. Still working on that one.
Anyway, I hope you had a lovely week last week and a lovely weekend and maybe even a lovely beginning of your week :)