Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Monday, March 2, 2020

Year NINE: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Leap for an extra day! (Update #9)

Happy Monday, happy March, happy happy whatever! It would appear that I didn't get my Stitches West update done (yet) so we'll just get on with a normal update today...which should have happened yesterday but here we are.



FOs (Finished Objects):
1. Ewetopia Stripey Socks: started 15 November 2018; finished 29 January 2020
2. Tiny Turtle: started 7 November 2019; finished 30 January 2020
3. Mirkwood: started 9 February 2020; finished 17 February 2020

Nothing new to see here. Move along now, Sir.



WIPs (Works-in-Progress) (These are carried over year to year if needed):
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Abracadabra Socks: started 7 August 2018
8. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
9. Campfire Socks: started 17 October 2018
10. Herbivore: started 15 November 2018
11. Multi-Colored Merino Top (Viktor): started 16 January 2019
12. Prototype Something Something Raindrops: started 11 April 2019

13. Sockhead: started 8 January 2020

I would love to say that this was a productive week, and it kind of was in some ways, but mostly I'd be lying. My Returning Shawl is still on time out. I just don't want to face tinking back right now. 

I did pull out the Purl & Loop swatch loom and worked a few passes on that (after taking out a couple because my tension from before was a bit wonky). 

The only other thing I really worked on this week was the Prototype Something Something Raindrops cowl. I'm finally at the "pattern" portion, which I suppose is a good thing, as long as I'm able to not lose my spot in my own pattern. We'll see.




OMFGLSGWTFBBQ Lists


Design WIPs:

1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns 
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Rastarmulke: started 20 November 2017 - write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
10. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)


Children's Items:

1. Oliver for Stormageddon (worsted weight - Stunning String Studio from Stitches West 2018)
2. Minecraft Socks for Little Man (fingering weight - Tosh Sock in Plaid Blanket?)
3. Baby Yoda for Babies (Loops & Threads)
4. Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
5. Mittens for Stormageddon (worsted weight probably)
6. I Love Stockinette Baby Bibs (worsted - cotton, acrylic, something)



Items for ME (Selfish Knitting FTW!):

1. Autopilot (worsted weight - Sincere Sheep Cormo Worsted or htNEVELE Worsted in Reveire)
2. Rose's Wrist Warmers (DK weight - using Aran instead; hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist?)
3. Perianth (fingering weight - Knitcircus Trampoline in The Whole Enchilada)
4. Pembroke Scarf (fingering weight - Fresh From the Cauldron Schoodic Sock in Sookie)
5. Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)
6. Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
7. Socks (fingering weight - I have tons...pick something!)
8. Washcloths/chewcloths (worsted weight - cotton)
9. Sockhead (fingering - I have tons...pick something!)
10. Age of Brass & Steam (Handspun purple/white barber pole)


Designs:

1. Christmas Stocking for Husband
2. Christmas Stocking for Little Man
3. Christmas Stocking for Stormageddon
4. Baby Blanket


Spinning:

1. Wonderland Dyeworks BFL
2. Mixed BFL
3. Allons-Y Fiber Arts Merino, Trilobal Nylon, Silk
4. Alpaca (from Lambtown 2014)
5. Fiberlady.com 100% Bamboo 


Dyeing:

1. Sock Blanks
2. Anything else I find along the way


Other Fibery Endeavors:

1. Create project bag inventory
2. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
3. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Stitch markers
5. Destash as necessary
6. Stash Fit



In other fibery endeavors, I cleaned up my crafting corner a bit and went through some crafting accouterments. I actually got rid of quite a few things, reorganized some things, and found new homes for others, which is delightful. I also discovered a bunch of stitch markers...I mean, I knew I had them but hadn't seen them in quite awhile. I also wound some yarn for upcoming projects, specifically the Baby Yoda for Babies sweater. I'm going to have to start that soon if I plan to have it finished by the time the baby arrives this summer. 

Not much happened this week, to be honest. I think the only "out of the ordinary" thing that happened was the Not Auction. I've been calling it that even though, really, it was the auction. They called it the Leap Into Spring event, as the spring fundraiser for Little Man's school. There was a live auction portion, a wine pull, Count Me In Parties, and a raffle. That was it. Oh, and food and drinks, of course. It was a much lower-key event than it has been in years' past. The best part is that I had NOTHING to do with it. I could just go and enjoy, for once. And I even was allowed to leave early because I didn't have to do anything! It was delightful, just for that alone. 

Other than that, I've just been going along, trying to do my thing, cleaning here and there, and that's about it. 

Stormageddon did try his hand at the hula hoop last week.







I would love to say that it went well. But it did not go well. He tried but he just didn't quite understand the mechanics. He spent some time watching others do it and he seems to understand the how part but he can't make his body cooperate. Oh well. Someday he'll get it. 

That's about it from "northern" California. I hope you've had a lovely week and weekend and start to March and so forth :) 

1 comment:

  1. I used to be good at hula hooping. Dunno what happened.

    ReplyDelete