Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Monday, August 17, 2009

The Boyfriend's Scarf, pictures, random knitting goodness

As this is a pattern of my own doing, I can post it, right? Right. It's mine and I can do with it what I want.

Anyway, this is the pattern for the scarf that I made for Brian. It was intended for Christmas...but that didn't happen. And then I managed to mess up my rows and had to frog quite a bit of it (to the point that I just wound up starting over).

So, here's the pattern. It's fairly easy and utilizes knitting, purling, and ribbing.

CO 16 stitches

Row 1/odd rows: P3 K4 P2 K4 P3
Row 2/even rows: K1 P4 K6 P4 K1

Now, in order to do it exactly as I did, I did a few "extra" things. I added four rows (two at the beginning and two at the end). I purled the first two rows and last two rows. This helped with the bending and the rolling that the piece will want to do (pre-blocking).

I used Lion Brand Jiffy (solid) yarn and size 10.5 needles for the project but I imagine that it will work out well with any yarn, as long as you make it so it's not too holey. Though, to be honest, you could do that, too. Also, I didn't set any specific length for the piece. Brian is a rather tall guy so I seriously need a long scarf (at least five feet in length). But, you can make it any length you want. You could make this for a child, a doll, whatever. It works, it's fast, and it's easy. Oh, and before I forget...I don't know about the rest of you, but when I knit patterns like this (very much in repetition), I have to keep track somehow. For this pattern, I tied a rubberband around the end of the needle I deemed as "needle one" (which just really means that if I was knitting onto that needle, it was an odd numbered row).

So, I should put some pictures in, right?









This is what it looked like whilst I was still working on it. Please remember that this was not (and has not been) blocked. So, yeah...blocking...hrm.






Also, I have some other yarn photo goodness...





This is the beginning of "The Irish Hiking Scarf" that I found on Ravelry. I wound up giving it to Brian's sister (my future SIL) as her bridal shower gift. It turned out pretty well...





























And yes, this is me. I look happy, right? Okay, maybe not...but on my head is my first FO (finished object, for those that are clueless)...it's a little big for me but that's okay. I can hide my long hair under it, if I need to.












Anyway, maybe I'll find some more knitting goodness. But, until then, enjoy the pattern...and don't make fun of my pictures ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment