Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Friday, March 7, 2014

FO Friday: Things Just Keep Going....

Happy Friday! I had intended this to be a FO Friday post last week but my computer was being a wonky, 5 year old MacBook Pro and my iPad was not cooperating with scheduling posts. So, there's that. But, Husband has fixed my laptop (new, solid-state hard drive and more RAM) and it's behaving itself again....so I can get going on my FO Friday :)

Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts (link to Project Page)

Pattern: Zombie ViXen by Susan Claudino
Time Frame: started November 23, 2013; finished February 19, 2014
Yarn: Charles Self-Striping Sock by Canon Hand Dyes (link to Etsy shop) in Christmas Zombie (less than 1 skein but I haven't figured out how much yet)
Needles: US #1.5 (2.5 mm)
Size: I dunno...it fits me :)
Modifications: There were a couple modifications I did for this pattern. I used US #1.5 needles instead of US #1s, I added an extra "row 16" at the very end before the ribbing, I did an extra round of ribbing at the end so both sets of ribbing on each mitt were the same (10 rounds), and I only did four rounds of ribbing on the thumbs.
Thoughts: I'll admit that there are some things I found fiddly with this pattern (but that's how I feel about all cables)...but it's pretty intuitive and well-written. I don't know that I would use self-striping yarn again because it was such a pain in the ass to line up. I think my stripes are off by 1.5 rounds between the first and second mitt. Also, I'm glad I went up a half-size on my needles. I don't think these would have fit me if I hadn't...and they're for me because I'm selfish :) Would I make these again? Perhaps...not for me, necessarily, but they were a fun project.

Here are some more photos from my little photo shoot with Little Man (he wanted to model)...




Anyway, I hope you're having a lovely Friday :) I'll link up to Tami when I get around to it!

3 comments:

  1. Fun mitts. They'll definitely catch attention on the street.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, things do keep on going. Time stops for no one. The mitts look really great. I love pink with green and the little pops are a nice touch in these mitts.

    ReplyDelete