Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, November 17, 2019

Year Eight: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Never enough time in a day... (Update #46)

Happy Sunday! I'm a little late today but let's get moving anyway because that's just how we roll.



FO's (Finished Objects): 
1. Age of Brass & Steam: started 10 August 2018; finished 7 January 2019
2. Sockhead for Little Man: started 29 November 2018; finished 25 January 2019
3. Cowl for Miss Sylvie: started 18 January 2019; finished 9 April 2019
4. Vanilla Fingerless Mitts: started 16 May 2019; finished 24 June 2019
5. Dishcloth: started 9 July 2019; finished 16 July 2019
6. Clapotis: started 29 June 2018; frogged 16 July 2019
7. Dishcloth: started 16 July 2019; finished 26 August 2019
8. Large Sacrificial Goat: started 20 September 2019; finished 1 October 2019
9. Hufflepuff Hat: started 31 July 2019; finished 7 October 2019
10. Lederhosen Socken Hat: started 11 September 2019; finished 16 November 2019

I finished up the Lederhosen Socken Hat last night. It hasn't been washed but I can always do that later. I've even woven in the ends....but, honestly, if I had thought about it a bit more, I probably would have woven them in on the other side of the brim because it's a folded brim. If you look closely, you can definitely see where I woven in the end on the brim. Oops.








WIPs (Works-in-Progress) (These are carried over year to year)
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini Spinner): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 201
6. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat: started 28 July 2018 
7. Abracadabra Socks: started 7 August 2018
8. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
9. Campfire Socks: started 17 October 2018
10. Herbivore: started 15 November 2018
11. Ewetopia Stripey Socks: started 15 November 2018
12. Multi-Colored Merino Top (Viktor): stared 16 January 2019
13. Prototype Something Something Raindrops: started 11 April 2019
14. Tiny Turtle: started 7 November 2019

With the finish, I've pulled out a bit of this and that. I worked a bit on the Abracadabra Socks. I need to find the contrast color yarn, though...it was in the bag and I took it out and now I'm not sure where I put it. I'm sure it's not far away but since I'm getting closer to the toe, I'm going to need it soon. 

In addition to that, I worked on the Ewetopia Stripey Sock. I also thought about a few other socks...but didn't actually work on them. The Tiny Turtle was frogged last week and I've not restarted it yet. Soon enough, maybe even later tonight. We'll see how things go.

But that's it.



Design WIPs  (New section, specifically for design WIPs):
1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns 
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Rastarmulke: started 20 November 2017 - write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
10. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)

Keep moving along now, Sir. Let's just not talk about this right now. Sir, I said MOVE ALONG.




OMGLSGWTFBBQ Lists




Challenges (this is new for 2019)
1. Knit 1 granny square a month (average) until I'm out of yarn (for the Granny Square Blanket in my WIP list above): I'm definitely behind. I'm okay with it. As long as I work on them, it's all good.
2. Submit and/or publish 2 designs this year. Given that it's November and I've not given one ounce of thought to this....I'm just going to say that it's probably not going to happen. I can dream, right? No thought means no progress. Oh well.



Children's Items
1. Oliver for Stormageddon (worsted weight - Stunning String Studio from Stitches West 2018)
2. Minecraft Socks for Little Man (fingering weight - Tosh Sock in Plaid Blanket?)
3. Mittens for Stormageddon (probably worsted weight of some sort)
4. Tardis Beanie (worsted weight - Cascade Yarns Venezia in Blue Velvet Grey)


Items for Me (Selfish Knitting FTW!)
1. Fornicating Deer Hat / Basic Lined Hat (worsted weight - Barrett Wool Co. Worsted Weight in Huron & Stationery from Stitches West 2018)
2. Brickless (worsted weight - Miss Babs Yowza in Celebration)
3. Nightlock (fingering weight - Sun Valley Fibers Merino/Nylon Fingering in Onyx & Sunshine Yarns Classic Sock in May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favor)
4. Honey Badger (fingering weight - one of the BMFA STR that I got from Carrie)
5. Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
6. Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)
7. Xandu Snowflake Cowl (as a hat; fingering weight - G. Sheller Merino/Silk Fingering in Natural & YOTH Little Brother in Caviar)
8. Pop Blanket (worsted weight - box of Knit Picks...may need to order more)
9. Tombreck (Aran weight - hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist or handspun Purple BFL)
10. Stormont (worsted weight - MadTosh 80/10/10 in Molly Ringwald)
11. Rose's Wrist Warmers (DK weight - using Aran instead; hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist?)
12. Northeasterly (Sock or DK weight - but really, I can use whatever as long as I have enough)* 


Designs
1. Stormageddon's Baby Blanket - need prototype & write pattern
2. Cabled pullover (grey look-alike sweater - Old Navy hooded sweater with cable) - need sketch, grading, swatch, prototype, & write pattern
3. Christmas stocking for Little Man - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
4. Christmas stocking for Stormageddon - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
5. Christmas stocking for Husband - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)



Spinning
5. Alpaca (from Lambtown 2014)


Dyeing
1. Sock Blanks (9) from Vice Yarns
2. Anything else I find in the stash...or pick up along the way....


Other Fibery Endeavors
1. Stitch markers and/or stitch marker kits
2. Vintage patterns into Rav database & my Rav Library
3. Update inventory of loose patterns & books (spreadsheet & Rav Library)
4. Update inventory of PDF patterns (Rav Library)
5. Update yarn inventory (make sure it's up-to-date)/destash
6. Inventory project bags (Erin Lane, I'm looking at you)
7. Get the Etsy Shop up and running with all the things! Or something. Maybe not an Etsy shop...




This past week has been....well, it's been a week, to say the least. Monday was a holiday here in the US (Veteran's Day) so Husband and I took the boys to the San Francisco Zoo. We weren't there for very long but we still had fun.








Tuesday, Little Man had his Cub Scouts Pack Meeting. The kids (and Stormageddon) built little toothbrush robots. 






The rest of the week was pretty benign until Friday. On Friday afternoon, Little Man went out on his bike for a bit and wound up having his first "major" fall. He's okay but he got his pants caught in the chain and he took a tumble onto his left side. His hand and shoulder got a few scrapes and he has said that his wrist hurts. He came home and I cleaned him up and had him put ice on his wrist.




Later that prevening, I took the boys to a fundraising event for Stormageddon's school and the boys and I painted. Little Man made a wolf baying at the moon, Stormageddon painted BB-8, and I painted a narwhal. 




Stormageddon wound up painting over his BB-8 in black...so his paper is now mostly black with a few splashes of orange and green. It's fine. He had fun. 




My narwhal didn't turn out how I was envisioning but it's not bad, considering that I'm not much of a painter-type. I may still do some outlining and then take it to Little Man's school's office as their mascot is a narwhal. We'll see. 

After all that excitement, one of my besties from college arrived and she'll be here until the 25th. We spent yesterday dinking around. We went to a Verb for Keeping Warm in Oakland so I could pick up my Stephen West book that had arrived (and a couple skeins of yarn, as well...because duh). We also ran a few errands. 

Today, we took Little Man to a playdate and then Husband, friend, Stormageddon, and I went to the Thomas Fogerty Winery for a tasting (and we bought some to bring home, of course). It's been lovely.


I hope you've had a lovely week and weekend :) 

1 comment:

  1. Glad Little Man wasn't too hurt. Love seeing him in his Boy Scouts uniform.

    ReplyDelete