Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, October 17, 2021

Year the TENTH: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - The Answer to Everything (Update #42)

 Wow! So......it's time to do the thing again!



FOs (Finished Objects)
1.
Greenwood Fiberworks Dark BFL (Viktor): started 28 June 2020; finished 17 January 2021
2. Boo-Yah: started 26 January 2021; finished 27 January 2021
3.
Minecraft Socks: started 12 August 2020; finished 6 March 2021
4.
Alpaca (Viktor): started 17 January 2021; finished 17 March 2021
5. Dyeing Project: started 9 April, 2021; finished 9 April 2021
6.
El Panal Cowl: started 5 April 2021; finished 29 April 2021
7.
Rose City Rollers: started 7 March 2021; finished 1 June 2021
8. Unknown Wool (Viktor): started 26 June 2021; finished 27 June 2021
9. Abstract Fibers Merino Tencel (Viktor): started 27 June 2021; finished 29 June 2021
10. Frabjous Fibers Merino Top (Viktor): started 30 June 2021; finished 2 July 2021
11. Allons-y Fiber Arts Merino (Viktor): started 4 July 2021; finished 7 July 2021
12.
Rose City Rollers: started 1 June 2021; finished 12 August 2021
13.
Flax for Stormageddon: started 29 April 2021; finished 31 August 2021
14.
Waiting for Winter Mittens: started 11 September 2021; finished 21 September 2021
15.
Waiting for Winter Mittens for Stormageddon: started 25 September 2021; finished 28 September 2021

I didn't actually finish anything, per se......but, I did finish weaving in all the ends on Stormageddon's Flax sweater, which he immediately put on. I also finally finished weaving in the ends on my Frankensocks that I finished in 2018. There were a lot of ends to be woven in on those. I had finished up the first sock and started the second one....and then they just kind of sat around. If I counted correctly, each sock had 34 ends to be woven in. I wish I were kidding.

Here's proof that I woven in ends!

 
 
 





I don't think those are all the ends from the sock but I did weave them all in. Those were all the ends from the Flax sweater (well, aside from like four that I had already woven in).

I still have ends to weave in on my El Panal Cowl. Maybe I'll do that this week....



WIPs (Works-in-Progress) *these are carried over year after year, as needed*
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Herbivore: started 15 November 2018
9. Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020
10.
Vanilla Socks: started 9 August 2020
11. Sand Drift Blanket: started 17 January 2021
12. Rose City Zombies: started 13 August 2021
13. Sockhead: started 27 September 2021

To be clear, a lot of my WIPs are packed right now. My Wink sweater, the Returning shawl, the UW Ski Hat, and the Sand Drift Blanket are all packed, as well as the little Purl & Loop loom. My support spindle and my EEW Mini wheel are hard to get to, though not actually packed yet. 

That means I've only got a few projects to chose from. My Granny Square Blanket is still in the modular portion, where I'm just making the squares. About half my finished squares are somewhere in the yarn closet right now. The Herbivore shawl is still fairly compact so I kept that one out. My Linen Stitch Scarf is supposed to be for a Christmas present but we'll see if I get it done. At the rate I'm going, who knows. I doubt it. The Vanilla Socks, Rose City Rollers, and the Sockhead are fairly mindless and compact, so I kept them out, as well. 

With the insanity that has been this past week, I've only spent time on the Sockhead and the Rose City Rollers. I am working on the heel flap & turn on the socks and I'm still in the middle of Ribbing Hell on the Sockhead. I'm planning on making the ribbing the actual 4" that the pattern calls for, maybe more, so I can fold it up properly. We'll see how it goes. I've got maybe 1.5" finished right now. On US0 needles. I'll switch to the bigger ones when I get to the stockinette part. 



OMGLSGWTFBBQ


Design WIPs:
1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)

 

Design Ideas:
1. Christmas Stocking for Husband

2. Christmas Stocking for Little Man

3. Christmas Stocking for Stormageddon

4. Baby Blanket
5. Stomping Grounds Collection

 

Items for ME (Selfish Knitting FTW!):
1.
Rose's Wrist Warmers (DK weight - using Aran instead; hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist?)
2.
Perianth (fingering weight - Knitcircus Trampoline in The Whole Enchilada)
3. Stranger Things Hat (worsted - Malabrigo Rios in Archangel)
4.
Autopilot (worsted weight - Sincere Sheep Cormo Worsted or htNEVELE Worsted in Reveire)
5. Fine Tune (fingering weight - uses minis so maybe a rainbow type one with the Canon Hand Dyes?)*

6. Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)

7. Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
8. Undone (bulky - maybe the reclaimed yarn from the Freeport Vest?)
9. Socks (fingering weight - Bob knows I have enough so I should use it - maybe with the CSM)

10. Age of Brass & Steam (Handspun purple/white barber pole)
11. Radiate Shawl (fingering weight - Artfibers Carezza maybe?)


Children's Items/Knitting for others
1. Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
2. Maybe a Flax for Little Man...maybe...

 

Utilitarian/Household Items
1. Garter Chevron Blanket (KP Mighty Stitch - may need to get some more black or white)
2. Diagonal Knit Dishcloths (cotton of some sort)
3. Reusable Produce Bag (cotton or acrylic of some sort - worsted)
4. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth (cotton or maybe bamboo, depending on the use)


Spinning:


Dyeing:
1. Sock Blanks (I think I have 5 left)
2. Random worsted/sport skeins (I have maybe 2-3 left)
3. Anything else I find along the way (I don't think there's anything else)


Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Create project bag inventory
2. Update library inventory (on Ravelry) *in progress*
3. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry) *needs to be redone - after we move*
4. Stitch markers: kits and individual
5. Destash as necessary (it's always necessary)
 
 
 
So, I mentioned last week that we are, in fact, moving back to Wisconsin. Our house went on the market this past week, on Wednesday, and we've had two showings plus an open house. We have another open house today but we also had one yesterday. Unfortunately, we do have an issue with the sewer lateral, which is basically the sewer line that goes from the house to the main city sewer line. It's not uncommon but most people don't know there's an issue until they try to sell their house and have an inspection done. In California, at least around here, all the inspections are done before you even list the house. That way, all the inspections reports are there in front of the buyer and they can decide if you want to have a contingency of having something addressed, though some things are required to be fixed by law, the sewer lateral being one of them. We got sick of getting mailers telling us our sewer lateral isn't covered by the city if something is wrong so we called up our agent in February and had it added. It's something like $25 per year. Turns out that things like tree roots breaking the line are covered up to $10,000....guess what? Our insurance is covering the repair and anything that would be above the $10k would come out of the escrow (our estimate was just under $10k so it should all be covered). At least we have that going for us. The only thing is that it has to be repaired by the end of escrow (meaning that it's done when the new owners take ownership). That shouldn't be an issue but we'll see. Escrow tends to be short here (30 days). 

Aside from that, the boys have been on Fall Break this week. So in the midst of getting the house ready for photos, some of the inspections, and general cleaning, we have had the boys around, which is another set of challenges. They've been pretty good about everything, though. Little Man hates what the stager did. I don't think it's that bad but it's definitely not our aesthetic. He's particularly displeased with the Welcome sign. Both he and Husband really dislike that one.






 

 
 

 
 
 
Aside from that, we have tried to have a "normal" Fall Break......or as normal as you can get during a pandemic. I've been to the park with them a few times, we've spent a lot of time playing video games, both boys had some homework over break....but, really, we've been doing all the things we needed to do to get the house ready for staging. 

I did capture this photo, though. This is one of the huge trees in the large park downtown. My boys look tiny. And this isn't even close to the giant sequoias.




I also went out for lunch with Little Man this week. I took him to do a Goodwill dropoff with me and then we snuck in for lunch. He had that giant rootbeer float all to himself! Plus a burger and fries!




And Stormageddon had a birthday party last Sunday! I totally forgot about that. They had a bounce house and food and all of that. He had a great time and it was nice to not be in the chaos that was our house. Bonus: it was only a couple blocks away so we walked over (we walk near this place on our way to school).






Honestly, there's not a lot happening. We're in this weird lull right now where we have to keep the house clean but there's not much else happening. Thankfully we get back to some sort of schedule this week because the boys go back to school. We'll see how things go...this week is my 42nd update, which apparently means it's the answer to everything *

Anyway, I hope you've had a lovely week and weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on the house selling and moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire all your efforts to sell your house. We just keep talking about it but it all seems so daunting to actual put it in action. A Welcome sign? Really? I can see why your son and husband were not fans. I don't really understand why stagers do what they do but hey, they are the experts and know what helps sell. I hope the sewer line issue gets solved quickly for you.

    ReplyDelete