Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Saturday, July 2, 2022

ELEVENTH Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Summer school is a wrap! (Update #27)

 Happy Saturday! Yes, I'm writing this on a Saturday because we're traveling and I likely won't have time tomorrow...so let's gooooooo!

 

FOs (Finished Objects)
1.
Baby Blanket: started 22 April 2022; finished 4 June 2022
2.
Herbivore: started 15 November 2018; finished June 2022

I blocked the Herbivore shawl this week and while it's smaller than I anticipated, it will work just fine. 


WIPs (Works-in-Progress) *These are carried over year after year, as needed*
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020
9. Vanilla Socks: started 9 August 2020
10. Sand Drift Blanket: started 17 January 2021
11. Vanilla Socks: started 12 December 2021
12. Dishcloth: started 25 February 2022
13. Mixed BFL (Annie): started 18 March 2022
14. Lakeline Tank: started 18 March 2022
15. Baby Blanket: started 4 June 2022

I didn't do a lot of knitting this week, due to packing and summer school and errands and all the things. But I did work a little on the baby blanket and my Lakeline Tank. I think I've finished two whole pattern repeats on the baby blanket, which is just 8 rows....but given that it's 120 sts wide, 8 rows is a lot, even if it doesn't seem like it. 

The Lakeline Tank is in stockinette hell so I'm just going around and around. It's coming with me on the trip because I don't have to concentrate a ton on it. I've got maybe 5" from the ribbing finished. So, I've got that going for me, which is good. 

My "trip projects" are the Lakeline Tank, the vanilla socks (#11), and another pair of socks that I've not started yet. I think I've decided I'm going to redo my own pattern since this yarn is readily available. 

 

OMGLSGWTFBBQ


Design WIPs:
1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)

 

Design Ideas:
1. Christmas Stocking for Husband

2. Christmas Stocking for Little Man

3. Christmas Stocking for Stormageddon

4. Baby Blanket
5. Stomping Grounds Collection

 

Items for ME (Selfish Knitting FTW!):
1.
Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
2.
Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)
3. Musselburgh (any weight - likely DK or worsted)*
4. 3 Color Cashmere Cowl (fingering weight, 3 colors)
5. Gradient Band Cowl (fingering weight - Safronie Fairy Tales gradient and a solid)*
6.
Fine Tune (fingering weight - uses minis so maybe a rainbow type one with the Canon Hand Dyes?)
7. Stashbusting Helix Hats (worsted weight - bits and bobs of worsted)
8. Hüj Tüb (laceweight - maybe that 100% lace cashmere I've had forever?)
9. Undone (bulky - maybe the reclaimed Freeport Vest yarn?)

 

Children's Items/Knitting for others
1. Flax for Little Man (worsted weight - likely Baah Yarns Shasta in London Blue)
2.
Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
3. The Mandolorian (sport weight - need grey, white, and green...which I might have)*
4. Zelda Beanie (worsted weight - black or grey and yellow, which I'm sure I have)
5. Wasabi for Mr. K (worsted weight - Cascade 220 in Moss Agate if possible)
6. Bugle for Miss E (worsted weight - multicolor; htNEVELE in Reverie if possible)
7. Bonbon for Miss C (worsted weight - Cascade 220 in Vinci if possible)
8. Baby Bear for Mr. T (fingering weight - anything will work)
9. Pig for Earle & Duane (worsted weight - need pink, of course...maybe a good use for the one skein of Molly Ringwald I have?)

 

Utilitarian/Household Items
1. On-Trend Chair Socks (worsted weight bits and bobs) - I have a lot of chairs that could use these
2.
Garter Chevron Blanket (KP Mighty Stitch - may need to get some more black or white)
3.
Diagonal Knit Dishcloths (cotton of some sort, possibly a cotton/bamboo blend, depending on use)
4.
Reusable Produce Bag (cotton or acrylic of some sort - worsted)
5. Harry Potter Blanket (worsted weight - based on several dishcloth patterns to make blocks)
6. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth (cotton or a cotton/bamboo blend, again based on use)
7. Pop Blanket (worsted weight - a little of this and that?)
8. Holiday Countdown Stockings (worsted weight - various colors)

 

Spinning:
1. Wonderland Dyeworks BFL in Stream Bed
2. Wonderland Dyeworks BFL in Winter Night
3. Timber Ridge Farm Alpaca Roving
4. Ashland Bay Fiber 100% Merino Top in English Garden
5. Anne's Fiber Expressions Elynenium

 

Dyeing:
1. Sock Blanks
(I think I have 5 left)

2. Random worsted/sport skeins (I have maybe 2-3 left)

3. Anything el
se I find along the way (I don't think there's anything else, but maybe?)

 

Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Stash Fit
2. Create a project bag inventory
3. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry) and reorganize yarn
5. Stitch markers: make kits and individual for Etsy shop
6. Destash as necessary/needed

 

 

The boys finished with summer school yesterday. Little Man had math, reading, and a cooking class....but it wasn't cooking like home economics from when I was his age. Don't get me wrong, they did some work but I don't know that he necessarily learned things like reading a recipe or how to measure things. I think it was done in a format so that even if they didn't do it exactly "right" they would have something edible at the end. He enjoyed it, and that's all I care about. 

Stormageddon had tag & dodge (outdoor games), crafts around the world, and a mindfulness class. He also enjoyed his classes, which is the point. 

Like I mentioned above, we're traveling so I don't even know if I'll post next week or not. We'll see where we are and if I'm in a port, I might pop in. We'll see. 

I've been trying to get us all packed up and get our errands taken care of and this and that. Also, it was super hot this week again. Hopefully I got everything covered. Aside from errands and packing, I also had a sleep study done. Husband has been insisting I have sleep apnea for awhile and I did have a sleep study done last year. But last year, it was "put this pulse ox on your finger" and they determined I didn't have it. This time around, I had two chest straps with a monitor connected, a pulse ox, and one of those nose things with a little flappy thing on the front to see my mouth/nose output. They came back and said I have Obstructive Sleep Apnea and want me to get a CPAP. I'm not looking forward to that at all. I already emailed my doctor about alternatives to that, everything from a mouth guard to surgery. Husband had that surgery a few years ago and did quite well. I'm not crazy about surgery but here we are.

We've had the cranes in our yard again, this time with their babies in tow. So we have four of them roaming the yard. 



The babies are kind of difficult to see. One is in more toward the brown part in the middle so you can't see it as well. But the other one is there. 

Puppy also went to the vet this week, just for his annual - there's nothing wrong with him other than him being a doofus. He got lots of treats for being a good boy for his pokes and prods.



Like I said, he's a doofus. I took him to the kennel yesterday. He'll be there for a couple days and then our friends are picking him up for the rest of our trip. He should be fine. As long as he gets love, he'll be fine. 

Other than that, not a ton is happening around here. Like I said, we're leaving for our trip today so I may or may not be up for a post next week and the week after is....well, it's right after we get home so it might not happen (okay, let's be honest - it'll happen...just late). 


So, I hope you've had a lovely week and weekend and we'll see about when I pop back in!

2 comments:

  1. Have fun. Take lots of pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to have a BLOCKED finish! Its really nice!
    Have a fun vacation, can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete