Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Tuesday, November 22, 2022

ELEVENTH Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Y'all, it's been *a week* around here! (Update #47)

Oh Tuesday, why aren't you Sunday? Yes. I know. I'm late. Again. I don't want to hear about it. Let's just get on with it, yeah?


FOs (Finished Objects)
1.
Baby Blanket: started 22 April 2022; finished 4 June 2022
2.
Herbivore: started 15 November 2018; finished June 2022
3.
Baby Blanket: started 4 June 2022; finished 25 August 2022
4. Venskab (test knit): started 12 September 2022; finished 16 September 2022
5.
Vanilla Socks: started 12 December 2021; finished 17 September 2022
6. Baby Blanket: started 4 September 2022; finished 25 September 2022
7. Pattern for Baby Blanket: started 25 September 2022; finished 26 September 2022
8.
Colorfun Hat: started 7 October 2022; finished 1 November 2022
9.
Vanilla Socks: started 9 August 2020; finished 12 November 2022

Nope. Nothing new. Move along now. 

 

WIPs (Works-in-Progress) *These are carried over year after year, as needed*
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
8. Linen Stitch Scarf: started 2 June 2020
9. Sand Drift Blanket: started 17 January 2021
10. Dishcloth: started 25 February 2022
11. Mixed BFL (Annie): started 18 March 2022
12. Lakeline Tank: started 18 March 2022
13. Socks: started 28 September 2022
14. Bonbon 2: started 15 October 2022
15. Smile & Wave: started 15 November 2022

Yes. Again, I know. I have enough WIPs. Like that's ever stopped me before.



This is the wee beginning of my Smile & Wave fingerless mitts. It's maybe an inch into the first one. I'm using some Knitted Wit Sock I picked up within the past couple of months. The colorway is called Hopewell Culture National Historic Park and it's hard to tell but there are greens, some pink, some purple, and some brown in there...maybe some spots of blue, too. It's very wee at this point but they'll grow. I started this because the designer, Kim McBrien Evans, was our speaker for our last Knitters' Guild meeting and she's delightful. I wanted something fairly mindless I could schlep around with me and these fit the bill. 

In addition to starting those, I also worked on my Returning Shawl. Now that I've decided what I'm going to do, I'm just working along. Now, to be fair, I'm using "decided" very loosely here. I might change my mind again another dozen times before I finally just do the thing. Or maybe I really did make my final decision. We'll see. At this point, it's just growing, which is perfectly fine. 

Honestly though, that's it. I've not done much. ::sigh:: 


OMGLSGWTFBBQ

Design WIPs:
1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)

 

Design Ideas:
1. Christmas Stocking for Husband

2. Christmas Stocking for Little Man

3. Christmas Stocking for Stormageddon

4. Baby Blanket
5. Stomping Grounds Collection

 

Items for ME (Selfish Knitting FTW!):
1.
Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
2.
Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)
3. Musselburgh (any weight - likely DK or worsted)
4. 3 Color Cashmere Cowl (fingering weight, 3 colors)
5. Gradient Band Cowl (fingering weight - Safronie Fairy Tales gradient and a solid)*
6.
Fine Tune (fingering weight - uses minis so maybe a rainbow type one with the Canon Hand Dyes?)
7. Stashbusting Helix Hats (worsted weight - bits and bobs of worsted)
8. Hüj Tüb (laceweight - maybe that 100% lace cashmere I've had forever?)
9. Undone (bulky - maybe the reclaimed Freeport Vest yarn?)

 

Children's Items/Knitting for others
1. Flax for Little Man (worsted weight - likely Baah Yarns Shasta in London Blue)
2.
Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
3. The Mandolorian (sport weight - need grey, white, and green...which I might have)*
4. Zelda Beanie (worsted weight - black or grey and yellow, which I'm sure I have)
5. Wasabi for Mr. K (worsted weight - Cascade 220 in Moss Agate if possible)
6. Bugle for Miss E (worsted weight - multicolor; htNEVELE in Reverie if possible)
7. Baby Bear for Mr. T (fingering weight - anything will work)
8. Pig for Earle & Duane (worsted weight - need pink, of course)


Utilitarian/Household Items
1. On-Trend Chair Socks (worsted weight bits and bobs) - I have a lot of chairs that could use these
2.
Garter Chevron Blanket (KP Mighty Stitch - may need to get some more black or white)
3.
Diagonal Knit Dishcloths (cotton of some sort, possibly a cotton/bamboo blend, depending on use)
4.
Reusable Produce Bag (cotton or acrylic of some sort - worsted)
5. Harry Potter Blanket (worsted weight - based on several dishcloth patterns to make blocks)
6. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth (cotton or a cotton/bamboo blend, again based on use)
7. Pop Blanket (worsted weight - a little of this and that?)
8. Holiday Countdown Stockings (worsted weight - various colors)

 

Spinning:
1. Wonderland Dyeworks BFL in Stream Bed
2. Wonderland Dyeworks BFL in Winter Night
3. Timber Ridge Farm Alpaca Roving
4. Ashland Bay Fiber 100% Merino Top in English Garden
5. Anne's Fiber Expressions Elynenium

 

Dyeing:
1. Sock Blanks
(I think I have 5 left)

2. Random worsted/sport skeins (I have maybe 2-3 left)

3. Anything el
se I find along the way (I have a small bin with all my "stuff to dye" in it)

 

Other Fibery Endeavors:
1. Stash Fit
2. Create a project bag inventory
3. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry) and reorganize yarn
5. Stitch markers: make kits and individual for Etsy shop
6. Destash as necessary/needed



Y'all, it's been *a week* around here. First of all, this happened: 

 



 

I mean, I know we moved back to Wisconsin and all and it's pretty to look at sometimes.....but I still hate snow. And especially driving in it...which I had to do because I had to go to work in Madison. ::sigh:: 

But, because it was above freezing today, a lot of it has melted, which I'm not terribly fussed about because I know it will snow again soon enough. 

We also felled about eight trees over the weekend. We left the stumps because we don't really care all that much...but we did cut down a bunch of trees. One of my college besties and her husband came down from up north (with their chainsaw) and the four of us took care of it. Husband drove the tractor with the grabber, bestie and I hauled logs into piles and stacked the cut wood, and her husband and I used chainsaws to cut the trunks down to sizeable pieces for the fireplace. So much wood. We were all remarkably sore, even Husband from bouncing on the tractor. 

Husband has video of two ends of a trunk being chainsawed at the same time but there aren't any photos other than that. 

The idea is that we wanted as much sunlight as possible in that area where we cut down the trees because the solar panels are going out there sometime in December. And, really, we have at least a thousand more. 

But, really, most of my week has been spent at work. It's this new thing I'm trying out called "making money" or something. I'm working for the federal government in some capacity or another so it's nothing glamorous. I have like five months of training and people that have been there have said that even after X years, they still have to look things up (partly because things change constantly but also because there's so much to know). My district manager has been there almost 20 years and she still looks stuff up. So, the fact that I don't know squat makes me feel marginally better. 

And, let's be honest, this "making money" thing is getting in the way of my knitting time. For real. But it's fine. We're all adjusting to the new way of life. 

 

Anyway, that's about all that's going on around here so I'm going to wander off. I hope you had a good week and weekend and beginning of this week :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment