Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Monday, August 17, 2009

Hi, I'm Renee.....and I'm a Yarn Addict

Basically, this is going to be one of...well...three blogs, actually. I have one on LiveJournal, which you can get to (if you so wish)...and the other one is on Facebook, which you can't get to unless I like you and you're one of my friends on Facebook. Not that there's anything important there...but, still, it's a blog that I use on occasion.

But, on to the real reason I've started using THIS blog. I'm a yarn addict. No, seriously, I have a problem. I think Brian, my fiancee' (for another 12 days anyway), is at his wit's end about my yarn problem. I have a lot of yarn. Cheap yarn, fuzzy yarn, novelty yarn, sock yarn, wool, cotton, bamboo....you name it, I may have it. Okay, maybe not. But I have a lot of yarn. And my stash continues to grow.

Currently, I'm working on projects for the wedding. I can't say what they are and I'll post pictures of them when I've finished and they've been handed out...but, until then, you're just going to have to guess what I'm doing. But, ASIDE from the projects I'm working on for the wedding, I'm working on two scarves...patterns I made up using stitch patterns from one of my books...oh, and I've ventured into socks. I looooove sock yarn. I don't know why. But I love sock yarn and I have a lot of it. However, I hate double-pointed needles...and I flatly refused to use them. I understand how they work in my head but I can't physically work them myself. So, I tried Magic Loop......which works. Kind of. But then I found the most wonderful thing on earth! I found 9" circular needles with tips that are only about 2" in length (each). So, really, the cord is 5" and the needles are 2" each. They are grand. But, I made a silly mistake that I hope never to repeat. I bought US 1, 9" circular, bamboo tipped needles...and I broke one of the needles. So, no more bamboo for me. I picked up a US 2.5, 9" circular, steel tipped needles.....and they're fantastic. Now, if I can just figure out how to work the heel and such, I'll be fine.

After I'm done with the wedding presents, I plan to finish the two scarves and my socks. And maybe I'll start working on the baby blankets (for Sarah and Johanna)...and the shawl (for Sherri)......and then, maybe, I'll actually make something grand and wonderful for myself. Or not.

But yeah, I have a lot of yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment