Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wait, what?

I have no idea where August went. I think it got away from me.

I had plans to get my resume and other job application type stuff updated before school started around here. Oops...school started today (fun Wisconsin law that says school cannot start before September 1). So, needless to say but, I didn't get it done. Oh well...

I'm going to be in need of a test knitter or two or three. I finished a hat yesterday (that I also started yesterday). I'm planning to write the pattern up properly but I'm going to need a test knitter or two or three to make sure I'm not crazy. It's going to require bulky yarn and #10 or #10.5 16" circulars or DPNs. Actually, I want to do another one (probably the second version) to make sure I'm not completely off before I hand it out to a test knitter...and so I have something to photograph. If you're interested, let me know :)

I also started working on the second sock (now that the first one is finished). I don't know if it's going faster or slower than the first one. All I know is that it's on needles and I'm knitting it.

I'm thinking that I need to spend more time on the baby blanket and the shawls that I've been working on...those are probably more important right now. Or something like that. And maybe my fingerless gloves. Or not. I don't know.

Anyway, I should go do something productive...


Additional: 11:54am
So, I went off to be productive for a little while (i.e. cleaning in the office and bedroom kind of at the same time). Holy crap! I have a lot of yarn...

I was cleaning out rubbermaid bins in the office and decided to get the yarn out of my dresser drawers at the same time (thus, putting my stash into bins instead of drawers). Now, keep in mind that I already have three regular sized rubbermaid bins packed FULL of yarn in the closet. I added another one...and one that is about half the regular size...both packed full. So, in total, I have about 4.5 regular sized rubbermaid bins full of  yarn in the closet. And that's just what's in the closet...I also have a cabinet and two dresser drawers full of yarn (which would probably equate to at least another bin and a half of yarn).

Holy crap! I have a lot of yarn...in case you missed that the first time. Me thinks it's time to sell some yarn...but it's MINE and I DON'T WANNA!

Okay, I'm done now...I think. 

1 comment:

  1. I just tried to count how many bins of yarn I have. I have the equivalent of about four or five up here in the living room, and then my head started hurting when I thought of the basement, and I stopped.

    As far as test knitters, I'd be willing to give it a try. A bulky hat should go fast, and I always need quick gifts.

    ReplyDelete