Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

WIP Wednesday.....again :)

I have a feeling that this is going to be a picture-free post, except maybe a gratuitous photo of Little Man.

But, it's Wednesday and that means it's WIP Wednesday yet again. Here's what I've got on needles...

1. Sadly, not much has changed, except the size of Little Man's blanket. I'm still working on it and I might even have it done by Christmas but, it really doesn't look any different than it did last week.

Pattern: Eventually, it'll be called "Little Man's Cobblestone Baby Blanket" but, for right now, it doesn't have an actual title because there's no actual pattern (yet).
YarnKnitting Worsted from Brown Sheep in a seafoam green color...though I don't know the official colorway name. Knitting Worsted is the precursor to Lamb's Pride and is, essentially, the same...except it doesn't have the mohair.
Needles: US #6 Addi Turbos....either 24" or 32" circulars (I suspect I'm using 32" but I haven't bothered to actually check)
Size: Baby but when I write the pattern, I'll include instructions about how to make it wider & longer (not that it'd be difficult to figure out)
Modifications: Um...none? It's my pattern :)

2. I've also got my Basic Socks on needles. Again, I haven't touched them...but, here's the specifics on those.

Pattern: Universal Top-Down Socks from Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Sock Book
Yarn: Sami Merino by Creatively Dyed Yarns in "Dark" (which, just for reference, is neon green)
Needles: US #2 Blackthorn DPNs...I think.
Size: One-size, I believe...though if/when I make these again, I'll probably go down a needle size.
Modifications: None that I know of

3. I don't know if I can call this an actual WIP because, really, it's hibernating...it's in a bag somewhere and who knows when I'll get around to it but, I guess I can count it: my Icarus Shawl.

Pattern: Icarus Shawl by Miriam Felton
Yarn: Wistful by Briar Rose
Needles: US #6 Addi Turbos....I think they're 32" circulars (I'm more sure of that than I am for the blanket)
Size: One-size, I believe...
Modifications: I'm using a worsted weight and larger needles than the pattern calls for and I expect that once it's finished, I'll have a much larger shawl.

4. Another project that's kind of hibernating...and I'm so close to being finished: Little Man's Giraffe. I'm so close to finishing this...I have to attach the ears, make the spots, make the horns and tail, and do the hair...that's it. The body has the head and legs attached so it's just the little things now.

Pattern: Giraffe by Susan B. Anderson in Itty-Bitty Toys
Yarn: 220 Superwash by Cascade in "Citron" and "Christmas Green" (yes, I'm making a green giraffe for Little Man. Don't judge me!)
Needles: US #6 DPNs...I think. I'm pretty sure...
Size: Whatever size it comes out...it's a toy :)
Modifications: Aside from going up a needle size to get gauge (which is rare) and not using polypellets for some of the stuffing, none.

5. I've got another Madison hat on needles...I might finish it soon. We'll see...

Pattern: Madison by Becca Sheffler
Yarn: Creative Focus Superwash by Nashua Handknits in "Sky Blue"
Needles: US #8 DPNs
Size: Child, actually...again...
Modifications: I'm making a child-sized one for an adult so I'm making it longer than the pattern calls for for the child size.

6. I've still only got one of my Skyp Socks finished...someday, I'll do the second one. I don't normally have SSS (Second Sock Syndrome) so this is kind of a shock to me. I think it's because I've been focusing on Little Man's blanket.

Pattern: Simple Skyp Socks by Adrienne Ku
Yarn: Socks That Rock - Medium by Blue Moon Fiber Arts in the "Chickabiddy" colorway...which is a lot of reds, yellows, and oranges (i.e., not colors you'd normally see me actively wanting to wear)
Needles: US #1 Blackthorn DPNs...I think...I'm pretty sure...
Size: One-size, I believe...
Modifications: None that I can think of...I might have added two rows to the cuff or a pattern repeat to make 50 rows instead of 48...I can't remember. I'll have to look at the first one to be sure

7. I've definitely let this hibernate...and I'll finish it someday, just so I can write the pattern properly: Traveling Vine Socks

Pattern: None, yet...once I've finished the sock, I'll write the pattern properly...maybe.
Yarn: Trekking (XXL) by Zitron in "Blue Bri" colorway...which is leftover from my very first socks.
Needles: US #1 DPNs...I think. I don't remember. I'll have to dig them out and look.
Size: Baby but I have intentions to make child and adult sizes, too.
Modifications: None because there's no official pattern.

So, there you have it for WIP Wednesday. For more WIP Wednesday Madness (and FO Friday Goodness) visit Tami's Amis and Other Creations :)

Oh, and because there are no pictures in this post, I thought I'd share some of Little Man :)

In my Hallowe'en jammies....

My first trip to the play area in the mall :)

The box is my toy, right? Even though the car is cool...it's all about the box!

2 comments:

  1. You are very brave to list all of your WIPs! You have a lot of interesting projects going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks full of mischief in that last picture; he'd keep you busy, never mind all those WIPs!

    ReplyDelete